Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up shooting?

go get your own ligthsaber!

Default Re: Re: Giving up shooting?

Originally posted by taker
    I would probably ask Tom to give u a counselling session.
    Can...can...anyway we're missing him around. Only seeing virtually...

Default Re: Giving up shooting?

I don't believe it... you must be kidding...

Originally posted by Dagger
    Just out of curiosity, what would be the reactions of our CS members' if I were to give up shooting....

Originally posted by GitS
    go get your own ligthsaber!
    Vader version? Or Leia's version?

Sounded familiar... don't know where did I hear this before...

Don't know...feeling lousy I guess

OK i am not banal here. I noticed you have done quite many event/fashion shoot. But dont you think they are mostly similar? Maybe you can switch subjects so won't feel bored (if any). If you shoot street, just shoot average people, no need *always* photograph people on the stage. Photography as a long term interest is a good hobby, at least for me. Dont shoot for money, follow your heart. If you really feel bad, stop for a while and may feel full of passion again.

vadar? vadar was a wus man! yoda's, definitely yoda's! small compact and powerful, like a DO lens!!!!

Originally posted by tomshen
    OK i am not banal here. I noticed you have done quite many event/fashion shoot. But dont you think they are mostly similar? Maybe you can switch subjects so won't feel bored (if any). If you shoot street, just shoot average people, no need *always* photograph people on the stage. Photography as a long term interest is a good hobby, at least for me. Dont shoot for money, follow your heart. If you really feel bad, stop for a while and may feel full of passion again.
    Thanks Tom.
    Follow my heart? Hahaha! This is sounds like a line from the movie 'Titanic".
    As for shoots, have done those you've mentioned and also my company stuff including products and portraits. Did some streetshooting today, trying to get into it, but still a bit gloomy...sigh...

hmmm i think you may just be feeling burnt out. Take a short break & do absolutely nothing & you may feel better after that

Well for me a short break can be like 5 months? Its been that long for me

street shooting, urban documentary, natural history...call it whatever you want, its all about conveying the emotion u felt when you were there...telling a story, being a witness to life...photography is a form of expression, a pseudo art form, not just spraying shots with a DSLR

Originally posted by GitS
    street shooting, urban documentary, natural history...call it whatever you want, its all about conveying the emotion u felt when you were there...telling a story, being a witness to life...photography is a form of expression, a pseudo art form, not just spraying shots with a DSLR
    Oi! my using MF today leh. Did a quick product shoot just now for office....

Yes, my ambient light shifu, I will try to comply...

In case your expensive gears collect dust at home, give me a call and I dun mind taking care of it for you for a while. Maybe can build a D1x site huh?

Originally posted by tomshen
    In case your expensive gears collect dust at home, give me a call and I dun mind taking care of it for you for a while. Maybe can build a D1x site huh?
    very funny pal...just incase you are interested, I have enough dry cabinets for them and the film, etc...hahaha!

I'll help you to take care of your hassle, for friend's sake.

Originally posted by togu

I'll help you to take care of your hassle, for friend's sake.

Hassle or Hassey?

Hassle or Hassey?
    Anyone, I'll try to squeeze some corner for you baby.

That's what friends are for.

Originally posted by togu
    Anyone, I'll try to squeeze some corner for you baby.

That's what friends are for.

OOOOUUUUCCCHHHH!
    PAiN! PAiN! PAiN!

About 3 weeks ago, I attended the inaugrial talk at Objectifs and Tay Kay Chin was the keynote speaker. It was a rare event for me because it was the first time I have ever heard a photographer lament about his work. He says that he has done too much of it and the passion that he once had for photography isn't there any more. His recent project called Panoramic Singapore won this Singapore photographer a Hassablad Master Award. I was told that the company gave him a 501CM for the award and there are only 12 photographers every year who would get it.

My point is that if you think that you are shooting too much of something, you might actualyl be excelling in it. As Tom said, follow your heart and I have to admit that he is right. I think sooner or later, I will switch from taking people and events to stills or architecture photography. Another point that Tom made a good point is that photography is a long term hobby. So don't loose heart if you are feeling that you are doing too much of the same old thing. Who knows, you could actually be excelling in it. I guess you just need someone to inspire you to excel.

Photography can be a good form of cartharsis.

Hang in there. Don't give up just yet. Things might not be going all that great at this point in time.. but take heart.

This may sound cliched to you but....

You know, sometimes, when it's all dark an gloomy and nothing seems to go right, when it seems to be raining all that time?

Well, even at that point, when you know you don't see the sun, you know for sure, for a fact that it is still behind those dark clouds, waiting for the a break in the weather to shine through..

Or on those dark and stormy nights, when the clouds obscures all the stars and nothing seems to shine?

The stars, like the sun are still there and will always be there... Just like the friends you have here. Even when things don't look all that great and things don't seem right, there are still many wonderful things around, waiting to happen.

So hang in there, and keep your chin up. I know it isn't easy, but i know you are tough.

Be good to yourself.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Sin
    Guests

Default Re: Giving up shooting?

Just out of curiosity, what would be the reactions of our CS members' if I were to give up shooting....
    To be really frank, I really don't give a damn. Of course, you can don't give a damn about what I think either. Just answering your question in the most honest manner I know.

Shooting or photography isn't all that big a deal afterall, one more photog or one less photog makes not much of a diff. Life is more than just photography or forum or working....take a look around, there's bound to be things more interesting to you than photography........

Ok, back to trolling the forum......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast