Thread: wonder if vesak day is good for shooting?

Default wonder if vesak day is good for shooting?

anyone have some idea if there is going to be some interesting activities? i look around, and it seems that there are some talks around which does not seem that interesting for photography.

Default Re: wonder if vesak day is good for shooting?

maybe look for arts fest events perhaps....

pc show
    thur to sun
    will be crowded ..

china town.. there's a tooth relic soft launch or something

Vesak day, time to go temple and pray

hmm.. vesak is good for shooting... provided you came are at the buddhist temple early. do not come in the way of the pilgrims. jus stand a side and start shooting. unless the temple aides came and shoo you out then its all game over.

have you tried shooting at the indian temples when the pilgrims are carrying the kavadis. somewer in the late end year, a colleague of mine is doing his praying and will be carrying the kavadi. if you're interested i can take you there. don worry other races and religion are welcome into the hindu temple just as long your respectful and leave those shoes outside temple premises yeah... heh
    whoopieGal:gbounce:
    We're so young and so gone, let's chase the dragon from our home...

Hi zoossh,
    r u going down later to chinatown to capture some 花车? 8-9 I think

Quote Originally Posted by whoopiegal View Post
    hmm.. vesak is good for shooting... provided you came are at the buddhist temple early. do not come in the way of the pilgrims. jus stand a side and start shooting. unless the temple aides came and shoo you out then its all game over.

have you tried shooting at the indian temples when the pilgrims are carrying the kavadis. somewer in the late end year, a colleague of mine is doing his praying and will be carrying the kavadi. if you're interested i can take you there. don worry other races and religion are welcome into the hindu temple just as long your respectful and leave those shoes outside temple premises yeah... heh
    that's very nice of you. i intended to pm but that didn't work.

anyway, a buddhist friend recommended me to go early dawn to guang ming shan (kong meng shan) at bishan tomorrow.... i saw that there are some parades at night, but i;m too tired for that though

as for the offer, i'm interested. but guess if i didn't read wrongly, you stated "late end year"? i supposed that is in oct-dec, not on vesak day, am i rite?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
    Hi zoossh,
    r u going down later to chinatown to capture some 花车? 8-9 I think
    probably not. too tired today.

i'm hoping to be able to catch something like thaipusam, which i have yet to cover. so much so for going overseas, i'm pathetic in shooting locally.

yeah today I also abit shagged, friends asked me to go shoot till late night for the procession. I think I cannot.
    Maybe going down to Guang Ming Shan tml morning..

affirmative... i was hit by questions too.. how come dis praying n saying thks to lord Vishnu can b done at certain times.. it doesnt hav to b solely on thaipusam. e last time i show e moral support for me colleague... it was somewer in nov. so i get it wil b e same too dis yr. wil update u on tt again.

btw, sometimes, e pilgrims or their family members wil go into a trance. hope ur heart is strong to watch all of that n not to b swayed into them too.
    whoopieGal:gbounce:
    We're so young and so gone, let's chase the dragon from our home...