Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digicabi question

Default Digicabi question

I got a DB-36 cabinet. I power it on and there is a green LED on the knob. I nthe instruction sheet, it mentions RED LED when power is on, but I can't see any red LED inside, outside, top bottom, behind,....no RED LED on my cabinet. Can someone using this cabinet advise me what is going on? Did I buy a spoilt unit? THank you.

Default Re: Digicabi question

That manual is hopeless. Forget the red LED. There isn't one

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum View Post
    I got a DB-36 cabinet. I power it on and there is a green LED on the knob. I nthe instruction sheet, it mentions RED LED when power is on, but I can't see any red LED inside, outside, top bottom, behind,....no RED LED on my cabinet. Can someone using this cabinet advise me what is going on? Did I buy a spoilt unit? THank you.
    its inside the cab, just next to the knob.

Next to the knob? There is a green light ON the knob (which will dim if weaken the drying power) but I can't see any red light around the knob. Oh man!! looks like have to send for exchange
    Last edited by Zephirum; 30th May 2007 at 11:28 AM.

My cab has two LEDs (red and green) and always turn ON besides adjusting knob.
    I am using digital gage to measure temp and %RH too although has standard manual gage.
    (taking average reading for better accuracy)

I guess this same issue has been discussed before in a previous thread. It seems that there was a time when there was a red LED (which, obviously, explains why it is mentioned in the manual) but it is not included in the new products of the same model.

Not sure if DB-50 has the same setup as yours. I just bought mine 3 weeks ago, and the red and green lights are in the same area. According to the manual, if the red light is not lited, it means there is no power.

Quote Originally Posted by polar View Post
    Not sure if DB-50 has the same setup as yours. I just bought mine 3 weeks ago, and the red and green lights are in the same area. According to the manual, if the red light is not lited, it means there is no power.

Think is the same setup, so you mean the green light will turn red after the RH% is reached?
    Last edited by Zephirum; 30th May 2007 at 04:38 PM.

Think is the same setup, so you mean the green light will turn red after the RH% is reached?
    nope.. there are 2 LEDs. 1 red and 1 green. Green rep the RH.. the dimmer the LED means the RH is lower.. hope this helps u..

Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    nope.. there are 2 LEDs. 1 red and 1 green. Green rep the RH.. the dimmer the LED means the RH is lower.. hope this helps u..
    Which model of digicabi are you referring to?

I'm using the same model as yours, the DB-036. Nope, there's no red light, only a thermostat-looking scale from green, blue and red. Set the knob at close to 12 o'clock (in the blue region). That would give you a RH at abot 40%. Don't lose sleep over it, I just trust the little box!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

Quote Originally Posted by Six-GHz View Post
    I'm using the same model as yours, the DB-036. Nope, there's no red light, only a thermostat-looking scale from green, blue and red. Set the knob at close to 12 o'clock (in the blue region). That would give you a RH at abot 40%. Don't lose sleep over it, I just trust the little box!
    thnks, you set the knob to blue region, do you have the green light on? When I set the knob to blue region (about 2 o'clock position) the green light is switch off! But RH% is 50%.

thnks, you set the knob to blue region, do you have the green light on? When I set the knob to blue region (about 2 o'clock position) the green light is switch off! But RH% is 50%.
    The green light is off when you set anywhere in blue region, cos it's within the moderate range. It will only light up when you turn it to the red region.

RH is 50% at 2 o'clock? Can't be lah, should be around 35% plus-minus. Take note that you have to wait overnight for the RH to stabilise, and these little black boxes need time to give you a more accurate reading.

The green light is off when you set anywhere in blue region, cos it's within the moderate range. It will only light up when you turn it to the red region.

RH is 50% at 2 o'clock? Can't be lah, should be around 35% plus-minus. Take note that you have to wait overnight for the RH to stabilise, and these little black boxes need time to give you a more accurate reading.
    maybe you got a powerful set. I think the content will also affect the RH%.

maybe you got a powerful set. I think the content will also affect the RH%.
    Powerful? You must be kiddin' me! I only throw my old P&S and my D40 in! That's all!

Hi there,
    I am a newbie here. I bought the dry cabinet a week ago. It was working fine all along until yesterday. I noticed the RH jumped back to 63%. I continued to monitor it tdy and it increased till 69%. So I went to investigate it and found that the green led doesnt light up even when i set it to the red region. Could it be that my dry cabinet is faulty?
    Last edited by killingb; 15th September 2007 at 02:31 AM.

I encounter the same prob. My DB36, i had to turn to 5 o'clock!!!!!!! in order to get 40-44%.

should i send mine for checking?
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

Quote Originally Posted by sprewell View Post
    I encounter the same prob. My DB36, i had to turn to 5 o'clock!!!!!!! in order to get 40-44%.

My model is also DB36.. sigh.. maybe we shld send our box down together to give it a check..

Quote Originally Posted by sprewell View Post

Wa 5 o'clock? how long have u left ur cabinet with that knob settings? it takes around one full day for the humidifier to stable at a knob setting.
    Canon 400D + 50L - Everyone was once a Noob

Quote Originally Posted by 2ichigo2 View Post
    Wa 5 o'clock? how long have u left ur cabinet with that knob settings? it takes around one full day for the humidifier to stable at a knob setting.
    close to a week already...
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast