Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: stars on lampost?

  1. #1

    Default stars on lampost?

    *** would like to know how to take such shots, the light on the lampost looks like stars... *** need filters? ***



    *extracted form Daniel Khoo's photo gallery

  2. #2

    Default

    Get a Cokin star filter?

    http://www.cokin.fr/



  3. #3

    Default

    Try shooting at f11 or f16

  4. #4

    Default well.....

    hi amethyst,

    The star thing seems ok, well if you don't the star thing to appear on your any nite shot.....you can either set the shutter speed alittle faster or if its a point n shot cam use a red eye flash it might help, but the tree leafs on the left hand side is pretty distracting and the sky is pretty shown too much also maybe next time you can lower your camera to make the pic look more center. Well its just my view of looking at your pic hope no offence
    Keep shooting

    Cheers,
    Henry

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Star filters may give you a too exaggerating effect. Like what Newbiez said, stop down to f11 ~ f16.

  6. #6

    Default Re: well.....

    Originally posted by ammox77
    hi amethyst,

    The star thing seems ok, well if you don't the star thing to appear on your any nite shot.....you can either set the shutter speed alittle faster or if its a point n shot cam use a red eye flash it might help, but the tree leafs on the left hand side is pretty distracting and the sky is pretty shown too much also maybe next time you can lower your camera to make the pic look more center. Well its just my view of looking at your pic hope no offence
    Keep shooting

    Cheers,
    Henry
    hi henry

    i think you're abit mistaken, my enquiry was on how to such shots, not how to avoid taking such shots. anyway the pic i posted is not taken by me, it's just an example.

    thanks for your views.

    hi togu

    i'm at the cokin filter website, there's alot of filters available in the market, can i just bring my camera to... AP? and get them to check which one is compatible for my camera?

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Default Re: Re: well.....

    Originally posted by amethyst
    hi henry

    i think you're abit mistaken, my enquiry was on how to such shots, not how to avoid taking such shots. anyway the pic i posted is not taken by me, it's just an example.

    thanks for your views.

    hi togu

    i'm at the cokin filter website, there's alot of filters available in the market, can i just bring my camera to... AP? and get them to check which one is compatible for my camera?
    You can take a look at this page

    http://www.cokin.fr/ico2-p2.html

    It'll be a better choice to bring the camera down to the shop too, that'll be the safest. Try on the spot and make sure it fits your camera.

    Btw, I just posted 1 shot.

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...466#post296466

    using the cokin star filter. I think you can adjust the length of the star edge. Can't really remember, the shots was taken sometime ago.

    Hope this helps.

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Default

    depends on the lens too..

    for my camera taking night shots
    even at F2.8 there are stars

    this is one example
    http://www.pbase.com/image/14358023

    but its taken at F8.0 if i still remember

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    depends on the lens too..

    for my camera taking night shots
    even at F2.8 there are stars

    this is one example
    http://www.pbase.com/image/14358023

    but its taken at F8.0 if i still remember
    wow i'm seeing *stars* now

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •