Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon and Nikon mix

Default Re: Canon and Nikon mix

i seriously doubt even a Nikon/Canon lens engineer can tell whether a picture was taken by a Nikon or Canon lens, let alone any photographer; much less so someone who is (i'm under the impression) choosing his first digital SLR.

It's one thing to already own Nikon lenses and wanting a Canon body to go with it, or already having a Canon body and needing a specific Nikon lens. But to start out wanting to pair off Nikon lenses with a Canon body is simply masochistic.

I do believe that the quality of the lenses are of equal match, Nikon or Canon. The question for me lies more with the camera body. Do you feel more comfortable with a D80 or 400D? It appears that you have already decided on a Nikon body, so why not just get a second hand body and stick with it, rather than worrying about the budget and change system later? Bad move.

please read what i say. only for that match i find it is good. i did not say which system is better. i am using canon, i got the 16-35, i seen the 17-35 nikon, by comparing the best from the both sys at that time when MKII was still not out yet, i felt the nikon 17-35 was better. i only compare with what i got to suit me. others may not agree.
    if you like to compare "Black pepper crab is fantastic, you like it very much. Tom Yam soup is nice and refreshing" then go eat white rice.
    Member of the earth

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
    i seriously doubt even a Nikon/Canon lens engineer can tell whether a picture was taken by a Nikon or Canon lens, let alone any photographer; much less so someone who is (i'm under the impression) choosing his first digital SLR.

It's one thing to already own Nikon lenses and wanting a Canon body to go with it, or already having a Canon body and needing a specific Nikon lens. But to start out wanting to pair off Nikon lenses with a Canon body is simply masochistic.
    best advice so far.
    Member of the earth

Quote Originally Posted by GilbertGoh View Post
    if you like to compare "Black pepper crab is fantastic, you like it very much. Tom Yam soup is nice and refreshing" then go eat white rice.

Regards,
    Arto.

Thanks guys for all the advise. I'm now considering getting D80 from courts. They given me a easy access card. Thinking of buying from them tru that card. Did anyone here uses the same facility? What's the interest like?

Michael

Ambious,

Nothing is free esp with the biggie electronics retailers like Courts or , Best Denki, HN, BIG, etc...so please do your homework well. The last I was browsing at Courts, BD, etc I saw them selling lenses like 18-200 VR at $200 more than the popular cam shops here.

The price difference on cam bodies will be huge too...so unless easy access card is so imp to you & worth the extra $$$ you will coughing up I suggest you hold ur buy or look at other cam shops. These big electronics stores are for the touristy types only...walk in & buy...still cheaper than say in Europe etc so works well for some of them.

Cheers.

The objective is to get better image quality with a mix/match combination of body and lenses.

The better approach is to upgrade the body/lens.

Corpse Bride was shot frame by frame using puppets, EOS 1D Mark IIs and Nikon prime lenses.

You may not want to do this though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12