Thread: Pauseability

Default Pauseability

I have started a shop, Pauseability, with a new concept of allowing folks to relax through doing something creative

In line with that, I have prepared inspirational packs with the help of 2 photographer friends. Each pack is made up of numerous photographs together with others with quotable quotes.

As the shop is new, I am still seeing how customers would react to this. Do you think generally people do appreciate looking at photographs?
    Last edited by pauseability; 27th May 2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: keep it commercial-free

Default Re: Pauseability

sounds an interesting shop...how it is charged?

It's an interesting concept but I think you will struggle to compete with the coffee joints and pubs where people normally go to relax. Haha and there are also other places you can go to be "creative" and relax too, if you know what I mean

I am not sure whether looking at photos is a relaxing pastime for me. I am likely to go into critique mode which requires too much thinking. For me going to a movie or playing a video game is much better, it's giving me a break from what I do too much, which is look at photos.

For ordinary members of the public, think they might not want to part with their cash to look at photos. Instead they will think they can just go to a library.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    For ordinary members of the public, think they might not want to part with their cash to look at photos. Instead they will think they can just go to a library.
    Or even a search engine... A search engine these days can yield so many sites which showcase very nice photos. Of course, it would also depend on what type of photos you are intending to showcase.

Maybe you would like to tell us the location of your cafe (it has an impact too) and the type of photos displayed, the setting of the cafe, etc...
    Eugene

I do enjoy looking at other people's photographs. It is a relaxing pastime for me. Just looking and appreciate the works of others.

Any coffee to go along or do i have to pay just to enjoy the photos?

Paying for coffee might be fine, but paying to look at photos might not bring in enough biz, as you know there're tons of photos to enjoy at the National Lib for free.....

While search engine does yield many photo websites, nothing beats viewing a real photo.

Well, the photos are really meant to be a means to an end - an inspiration for those who are exploring the use creative expression as a way of unwinding.

So, they are just one of many things available including craft materials, books, deco, etc. I would say this is a new concept and for the sake of some tranquility, I have chosen a more quiet but accessible place near the Braddell MRT (not the immediately bright business decision, eh?).

I will give more feedback after I get some customers (hopefully ...) who are willing and able to pause (hence pauseability ... do a web search to find me).

Currently, I am also thinking of mounting a small photo exhibition but more for archival shots. The theme: I My 70's Childhood. I will send a different post on this.

Quote Originally Posted by pauseability View Post
    I have started a shop, Pauseability, with a new concept of allowing folks to relax through doing something creative

In line with that, I have prepared inspirational packs with the help of 2 photographer friends. Each pack is made up of numerous photographs together with others with quotable quotes.

As the shop is new, I am still seeing how customers would react to this. Do you think generally people do appreciate looking at photographs?
    great ideal as long as you think you can make $$.... love to see more creative outlets like this then the usual drinking host ...