Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Drink Driving

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sin Ming Ave
    Posts
    110

    Default Drink Driving

    Consume how much (average amount) of beer results in breaking the drink driving law?

  2. #2
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    I love my cup & coaster!
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    If you want to drive in the first place, why even consider drinking?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by wazzup View Post
    If you want to drive in the first place, why even consider drinking?
    I agree. Please NEVER drive if drink.

    By the way, I think the law for drink driving punishment is too lenient, should have at minimum 5 years jail.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by Fok Weng Wai View Post
    Consume how much (average amount) of beer results in breaking the drink driving law?

    alcohol legal limit of 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath. But even if did not exceed the limit, and the TP deem the driver to be unsuitable to drive, still can get charged. As everyone will be affected by alcohol differently.

    I also feel that the punishment for drink driving is too lenient. Should make jail term and caning complusory.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by Fok Weng Wai View Post
    Consume how much (average amount) of beer results in breaking the drink driving law?
    > 1 mug

  6. #6

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    people who are charged and convicted should be banned from driving for life! those rich people will immediately stop drink driving because they will never want to take public transportation.

    i think this will be more effective.

    now, they can still apply to learn driving from driving centres and still drive after they pass, they are so rich and will not mind the extra money from the driving centres. the conviction mean nothing to them.

  7. #7
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Ironically:
    Look at the no. of ppl who drive cars to clubs or pubs..and look at the amount of liquor consume per nite..its ridiculous not for any driver not to drink lorz..so is it TP bo cho kang or Singaporeans pour liquor on the floor?
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Ironically:
    Look at the no. of ppl who drive cars to clubs or pubs..and look at the amount of liquor consume per nite..its ridiculous not for any driver not to drink lorz..so is it TP bo cho kang or Singaporeans pour liquor on the floor?
    Not all are like that, most yes, but some groups of people have a designated driver who will not drink for the evening

  9. #9

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    I got so many Friend Kanna for Drink Driving.
    My take is DRINK DUN DRIVE. DRIVE DUN DRINK

    Dun Risk it lor

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by Reallywannabe View Post
    I got so many Friend Kanna for Drink Driving.
    My take is DRINK DUN DRIVE. DRIVE DUN DRINK

    Dun Risk it lor
    Wanting to drive without drinking should be because you don't want to risk making accidents, not because you don't want to get a fine......

    Think you should rethink your priorities in life.........

    HS

  11. #11

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Singapore is such a small country, taking cab to and fro won't cost you more than the fine and agony, so why risk? Plus the burden of getting into accident. The worst is the victim being your loved ones. You never know...

    Just my few cents worth..

  12. #12

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    I think they should introduce a zero limit for drink driving as it then clarifies the situation for everyone. If you drink, you don't drive.

    I can't believe people are worried about fines. What about their own safety and more importantly the safety of the public?! Very selfish attitude.

    Apparently a recent TP roadblock on a Saturday night found 25% of people to be over the limit. I think it's time for a crackdown. My wife was out running a couple of weeks ago and was almost hit by someone she's convinced was drink-driving so I feel pretty strongly about this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Ironically:
    Look at the no. of ppl who drive cars to clubs or pubs..and look at the amount of liquor consume per nite..its ridiculous not for any driver not to drink lorz..so is it TP bo cho kang or Singaporeans pour liquor on the floor?
    no lah... rich ppl go club or pub, drive sleek cars... then go there pour drinks for mei mei & kakis, then later drive them home mah...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    From what i read in the paper, punishment for killing someone when drink driving is not really that heavy (under 5years i think).

    i think they shall really double or triple it. A life is lost and its treated as a "accident"

  15. #15
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by Reallywannabe View Post
    From what i read in the paper, punishment for killing someone when drink driving is not really that heavy (under 5years i think).

    i think they shall really double or triple it. A life is lost and its treated as a "accident"
    so next time u wanna murder somebody..just drink past the alcohol limit then knock the fellow down lorz..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by Reallywannabe View Post
    From what i read in the paper, punishment for killing someone when drink driving is not really that heavy (under 5years i think).

    i think they shall really double or triple it. A life is lost and its treated as a "accident"


    let me know how it feel when u killed someone on the road with your car.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    so next time u wanna murder somebody..just drink past the alcohol limit then knock the fellow down lorz..
    If somehow your intention is found out, there will be a different story. How many of you can purely accidentally hit somebody that you know or have a relation with you?

    Regards,
    Arto.
    Last edited by Artosoft; 28th May 2007 at 01:12 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by Fok Weng Wai View Post
    Consume how much (average amount) of beer results in breaking the drink driving law?
    For some ppl, half a mug.
    For some ppl, 2 mugs.

    If u are planning to drink AND drive, may I suggest that u aim for the nearest tree or barrier and drive into it at 100km/h.

    Kill urself plz. Not kill others.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    alcohol legal limit of 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath. But even if did not exceed the limit, and the TP deem the driver to be unsuitable to drive, still can get charged. As everyone will be affected by alcohol differently.

    I also feel that the punishment for drink driving is too lenient. Should make jail term and caning complusory.
    U must be kidding. Jail term & caning?

    They ought to make the following liable for capital punishment as maximum penalty:
    - Hit & Run resulting in grevious injury/fatality
    - Driving under the influence of intoxication resulting in fatality of others
    - Reckless driving resulting in fatality of others

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Drink Driving

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    For some ppl, half a mug.
    For some ppl, 2 mugs.

    If u are planning to drink AND drive, may I suggest that u aim for the nearest tree or barrier and drive into it at 100km/h.

    Kill urself plz. Not kill others.
    Why must limit to 100Km/h? Follow the rules even to kill yourself ?

    Regards,
    Arto.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •