Thread: need advices for buying lenses from overseas dealers

Default need advices for buying lenses from overseas dealers

if i want to buy lenses from overseas, ebay or online stores, how do i ensure or know that the lens is going to come to me in 1 piece( if it does come)?

i am looking for some lenses, unfortunately they are not sold here so looking abroad for options.

thanks for yr valuable opinions
    [QUOTE=dan_1337;2947523]if it was painted white, it would cost twice as much as Sigma =P[QUOTE]

Default Re: need advices for buying lenses from overseas dealers

Before paying the seller, enquire about his packaging methods.

Advise him on your worries and fears and what-ifs and if he'll gurantee. Normally, if the lenses are handed over the Post Office, it's in the hands of the postal workers. Most of the time, your product will arrive in 1 piece. Unlucky times, well this happens.

You'll be expected to pay more for additional insurance coverage for your purchase. They go in an amount per $ 100 covered.

Cheaper method, tell the seller that you'll pay him extra $ 5 (if it can cover) for additional bubble wrap and styrofoam piece to protect your goods.

If possible pay through Paypal and USE your credit card! If there is anything wrong you can ask your credit card issuer to stop payment to Paypal (they are the merchant in the eyes of the CC issuing bank).......

HS

just pray hard it arrive at your places.