Thread: Reborn Interest

Default Reborn Interest

G'day to everyone, as you can see, I am new to this forum. I will just tell you about my latest find.

For years, I was a slave to my camera bag, lugging around 2 Nikon F's, lenses, gear, and like that. Then I scaled down to a Leica M3 with 2 lens. After a while, I went to a M6 with a 35, 50 and 90 lens. But still, the darkroom effort and all got to be a bit much. You have to understand, the nearest photo shop from here is about 75km. So I bought a small digital camera, and the thousands of dollars of gear sat in the corner.

I recently went on a trip to Greece, and decided to take the 6 with me, with a couple of lens. Low and behold, I found that in Singapore I can now have the film developed, and put on disk so that I can print and edit from the computer. I went to Cherry over at Scotts Centre, who did a good job, and worked with me very well.

My interest has been renewed in my Leica's, and have started taking photo's again. I visit Singapore about 3 times a year, and so will be able to source film, and developing.

And now I find there is a forum here too.

Wow, it's all happening.

Paul Nelson

Default Re: Reborn Interest

All I can say is.... Welcome back

Welcome to singapore,

With your knowledge in photography, it should be put into good use. It is hard nowaday for people to carry so many lens during travelling...
    Since you have nikon gear, are you considering going digital. Digital will save you alot of time and you dont need to visit the lab so often. Going digital also will lead you to gain more knowledge of the digital era things like: photoediting, raw, printing...
    So, you may consider this area as most of the current trend is going digital. That is what I can offer..

Quote Originally Posted by clrfarm View Post
    G'day to everyone, as you can see, I am new to this forum. I will just tell you about my latest find.

For years, I was a slave to my camera bag, lugging around 2 Nikon F's, lenses, gear, and like that. Then I scaled down to a Leica M3 with 2 lens. After a while, I went to a M6 with a 35, 50 and 90 lens. But still, the darkroom effort and all got to be a bit much. You have to understand, the nearest photo shop from here is about 75km. So I bought a small digital camera, and the thousands of dollars of gear sat in the corner.

I recently went on a trip to Greece, and decided to take the 6 with me, with a couple of lens. Low and behold, I found that in Singapore I can now have the film developed, and put on disk so that I can print and edit from the computer. I went to Cherry over at Scotts Centre, who did a good job, and worked with me very well.

My interest has been renewed in my Leica's, and have started taking photo's again. I visit Singapore about 3 times a year, and so will be able to source film, and developing.

And now I find there is a forum here too.

Wow, it's all happening.

Paul Nelson

The best part of all.. If you shoot in digital, you can send the digital pictures(Mail them by writing the files to a DVD/CD or upload them onto their FTP server) for developing in Singapore or even cheaper places like China or Thailand for printing. They can then mail the printouts back to you.