Easy solution. Raise the Base price, scrap all surcharges. You want business? Make sure you snatch all passengers in sight.
I guessed that's unfair. I mean include all the surcharges in the Base Price. Say let the base price be $3.20. Reduce On-Call price also. Taxi will be AUTO-ASSIGNED when called. No bids.
Emm, they are on GPS system yes. Now they are half-bid, half-assigned nature. But just make it all Assigned system. And the GPS accuracy have to improve also IMHO.
Also, NO SPECIAL TREATMENTS TO THE PREMIER CABS. They are the most chao kuan ones.
I'd ran into drivers that thinks:
- Saying da "F-Ya-Mudder" (in Hokkien "KNN") is gawddamned cool and uses it to punctuate their sentences
- Having their licenses suspended 5 times in a row, driving hands free (literally!!!) and feeling proud abt being a reckless driver and have no qualms killing his passenger
- Driving like a madman, tail gating, SLEEPING BEHIND THE WHEEL and e-braking is very funny
- Everything under the sun is a by-product of the ruiling incumbent's policy.... probably including their constipation problem
- Owning lands in Philippines and gun men seeking to find him for revenge (and a story that doesn't seem to go anywhere).
And all I want to do when I get up a cab is to freaking SLEEP after I had told the driver which specific route to take!!!!! ARGH~~~~
Dats why I have a general tendency to email compliments for taxi drivers that gets their job done, quickly and efficiently without much nonsense to me.
Emm, I will take. I love enounters with those Yayapapaya drivers of premiers (Not all are yayapapaya though. We have some very nice lads). I always record our conversation. I will be all politically correct. Once he crosses his lines, there goes the complain letter with the attached sound file. There comes my vouchers. ;-)
You know, it's still not so bad on normal days. You are still able to get a cab if you call. Unreasonable to pay the charge? Call it the market rate. In other words, the price for a cab from 10 to 12 pm is an additional $4.