Thread: Photo with/without flash

Default Photo with/without flash

I need some comments from forummers here. There's nothing special about these photos, I am just testing on my flash (Nikon SB600) and 3rd party diffuser.
    There are 2 photos here:

without diffuser

with diffuser

which one looks more natural, which one is better?

Please comment ...

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by hongwei; 24th May 2007 at 11:26 AM.

Default Re: Photo with/without flash

I liked the first, particularly for the reflections on the watch, and looks more natural to me.

Note that your white balance is different - but some prefer colour casts as it is more natural to them
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

think this is a wrong forum for you do a comparison of these two shots, please go to General, Reviews, Tech Talk.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

yup, since thread is about testing of equipment, it is now moved to General, Reviews, Tech Talk from Critique Corner.

Quote Originally Posted by hongwei View Post
    I need some comments from forummers here. There's nothing special about these photos, I am just testing on my flash (Nikon SB600) and 3rd party diffuser.
    There are 2 photos here:

without flash

with flash

which one looks more natural, which one is better?

Please comment ...

Thanks in advance.
    The WB is different in both pics.. how to compare?? Flash WB is normally more true to the correct colour but may not be what you see at the moment due to a warmer or cooler light lighting up the scene.

When doing testing shots try to keep variables constant.... turning off AWB would be a good start.

Default Re: Photo with/without diffuser

Thanks for all the reply ....
    First of all, sorry for posting at the wrong thread, will take note of this in future.
    Secondly, I must really apologise, cos I have describe wrong information to you guys. Probably becos too kan cheong to finish up the work. Sorry
    It should not be with or without flash ... it should be with and without diffuser
    I managed to borrow a 3rd party diffuser from my friend to try on the effect.
    The first pic is without the diffuser cap on and the second pic is with the diffuser cap on.
    Is it because I fix my WB to auto, causes the WB for my 2 pics to be different when use with and without diffuser cap?
    My question is am I doing the right thing to compare in this way?

Thanks