Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what's a ball head tripod?

Default Re: what's a ball head tripod?

Instead of these "constant struggle" trying to get the idea right, all you really have to do is go down to the shop and ask for a demo. 5 mins is all you need to know how the ball head works if you have something to look at.

Now i've got amore $ to spare so i want to get a good tripod...something that can hold about 5-6kg...my gear (camera and lens) currently comes up to 2kg but i want to have some extra weight so i can still use the tripod when i get an external flash and other lenses...can recommend another model?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Instead of these "constant struggle" trying to get the idea right, all you really have to do is go down to the shop and ask for a demo. 5 mins is all you need to know how the ball head works if you have something to look at.
    Good point.

I will hold off for a while, you really need to know what do you like to shoot and how do you shoot. With that information, you can easily pick the tripod that will serve you for a long long time.

I went through 5 or 6 tripods during a 2 year period. I should probably have waited. Then I got a Bogen (Manfroto) that lasted me 15 years.

Btw, I am a ballhead guy. never really like pan and tilt. However, good ballhead tends to be more expensive.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

I already know what i want the tripod for though: portraiture and landscape shots...its just that i want to get a stronger head so i don't have to buy new tripod equipment later when i expend my lens and flash inventory...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12