Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: arrogant Bus driver

Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    Ok. If you can't change people attitude (bus driver attitude), change your attitude. It is easier to change your attitude than someone else attitude, if you want to.

Greeting the bus driver when you alight may cool down their stress. No harm to try .

Regards,
    Arto.
    Tad's wat I did!! Just IGNORED him!! after getting dwon...i thought tad... i cd've said 'yes..call the ambulance...and you better get it in..and get admitted crack fella's ward'

Have you seen the bus driver who greets every person who gets on his bus? I have. The poor guy.

It is an amazing sight! But no one greets back!!!

so please bus drivers are human also. don't expect them to give you such high standards of service if you the passenger do not reciprocate.

Quote Originally Posted by GetMeEazy View Post
    Tad's wat I did!! Just IGNORED him!! after getting dwon...i thought tad... i cd've said 'yes..call the ambulance...and you better get it in..and get admitted crack fella's ward'
    It will be difference if when you alight (in hurry), you said: "Morning Uncle. Could you please wait 1 or 2 second for my friend coming in. Thank you Uncle".

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    so please bus drivers are human also. don't expect them to give you such high standards of service if you the passenger do not reciprocate.
    Ha, easier said than done.

Do YOU greet the fast food people at McDonald's?

They also greet, I don't see anyone reciprocating, ever. And no thank you, only complaints when the food is not fast enough.

beg your pardon...

I'm not a Singaporean!! en expat wrking in an MNC bank here!! not sure he would have reacted the same way to a Singaporean though!!

I dinn wanna make a point on his action on Closing the door...i admit that he need to be on time..bla...blaa....!!

My point is on his illiterate behaviour and the way he showed his stress on his job!!
    Will you crash the PC u are wrking in? shred the office documents - if u are in Stress??
    If something bad happens to the passengers inside or to the ppl outside cuz' of his rash behavior...who pays for it..??it'z the same NUTTY absent minded fella!!

it'z not the matter of low income/high income - it'z basic human nature which he should posess at his job!! IMHO, i'm sure you wonn say the same words - if it has happened to you!!
    how u know illiterate got no manners? and literates are full of manners?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    Have you seen the bus driver who greets every person who gets on his bus? I have. The poor guy.

It is an amazing sight! But no one greets back!!!

You don't know, but I reply back. At least I am smile and happy with that kind of service.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

They also greet, I don't see anyone reciprocating, ever. And no thank you, only complaints when the food is not fast enough.
    Hey! I do that! They will reciprocate by giving you better service. Try it the next time you buy a burger or fried chicken.

I even greet the cashier at the supermarket checkout counter... most of the time they never greet back... sometimes so malu... but I think we need to do this on a consistant basis so that people will get used to you greeting them. Most of the time when they do not reciprocate, it is because they are surprised that people are actually greeting them!!
    Just me...

Have you read in newspaper why air stewardess like to serve westerner than asian? Because westerner know how reply to them and chit chat with them. Make them happy that they are not just serving them.

It is difficult to change the society. But I will always trying my best to smile to people and greeting bus driver (or reply kindness greet at Mc Donald).

Regards,
    Arto.

Yes i DO. I greet them, if possible by their name, thanking them. I find it is very important to encourage / motivate them.

Do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap View Post
    Hey! I do that! They will reciprocate by giving you better service. Try it the next time you buy a burger or fried chicken.

I even greet the cashier at the supermarket checkout counter... most of the time they never greet back... sometimes so malu... but I think we need to do this on a consistant basis so that people will get used to you greeting them. Most of the time when they do not reciprocate, it is because they are surprised that people are actually greeting them!!
    I agree with you. It is our culture malu talking to people. But no harm right as we do not commit any sin.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    Yes i DO. I greet them, if possible by their name, thanking them. I find it is very important to encourage / motivate them.

Do you ?
    Glad to see some of us have a kind heart. It will make us less stress and shine happiness to everybody. Difficult and useless task? I don't care. I don't loose anything by doing that.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    how u know illiterate got no manners? and literates are full of manners?
    for me, even though a person has done a PhD or Masters... he is an illiterate, if he has no manners/wrong attitude towards ppl....like our mighty Driver!

beg your pardon...

I'm not a Singaporean!! en expat wrking in an MNC bank here!! not sure he would have reacted the same way to a Singaporean though!!

I dinn wanna make a point on his action on Closing the door...i admit that he need to be on time..bla...blaa....!!

My point is on his illiterate behaviour and the way he showed his stress on his job!!
    Will you crash the PC u are wrking in? shred the office documents - if u are in Stress??
    If something bad happens to the passengers inside or to the ppl outside cuz' of his rash behavior...who pays for it..??it'z the same NUTTY absent minded fella!!

it'z not the matter of low income/high income - it'z basic human nature which he should posess at his job!! IMHO, i'm sure you wonn say the same words - if it has happened to you!!

I am not sure. I prefer to hear the other side of the story first, before I comment or judge.

for me, even though a person has done a PhD or Masters... he is an illiterate, if he has no manners/wrong attitude towards ppl....like our mighty Driver!
    Is this the most rude behavior you encounter during your stay here?

Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap View Post

So you do it because you want bigger fried chicken!

Just kidding.. =D

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    Have you read in newspaper why air stewardess like to serve westerner than asian? Because westerner know how reply to them and chit chat with them. Make them happy that they are not just serving them.

It is difficult to change the society. But I will always trying my best to smile to people and greeting bus driver (or reply kindness greet at Mc Donald).

Regards,
    Arto.
    Yeah, other points - it is only along Orchard Road that you see Westerners clearing their own trays - a topic brought up a while back.

Singaporeans all only leave their trays around and complain that people never clear fast enough. =D

Just kidding.. =D

Agreed!

Yeah, other points - it is only along Orchard Road that you see Westerners clearing their own trays - a topic brought up a while back.

Singaporeans all only leave their trays around and complain that people never clear fast enough. =D
    well... i seldom have trays when i eat to start with... how to clear? ppl serve to my table, i eat, then when i wanna clear they say, Yandao eh, auntie clear ok? then i of course say, orr, thank you auntie... then auntie smile smile, me smile back, both happy...

come to think about it, the last time i cleared my tray was like.. oh, the day before, i put the plate on the table, then i return the tray to the hawker at his stall, he say thank you, i say u are welcome... then after finish, auntie come clear...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yih Yeong View Post
    I am not sure. I prefer to hear the other side of the story first, before I comment or judge.
    Understand Bro! I can pass you the Bus no. details... you can watch the CCTV footage!

No lah. It's because he wants FREE fried chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    well... i seldom have trays when i eat to start with... how to clear? ppl serve to my table, i eat, then when i wanna clear they say, Yandao eh, auntie clear ok? then i of course say, orr, thank you auntie... then auntie smile smile, me smile back, both happy...
    YANDAO?!

Food court and restaurant different- they have dedicated cleaners. But a lot of fast food outlets - not all of course, double their staff up as food clearers/cashier.

YANDAO?!

Food court and restaurant different- they have dedicated cleaners. But a lot of fast food outlets - not all of course, double their staff up as food clearers/cashier.
    auntie being kind lah...

i should be kind to her and say mei nu 1, but then my conscience say cannot lie...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast