Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

Thread: arrogant Bus driver

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Senkang
    Posts
    122

    Unhappy arrogant Bus driver

    Hi,

    Today me n my 2 friends wanna board in a ### bus. I ran quickly and got in, while my frends (3 secs away) followed me....when I turned and look for them... the driver, who knows that my friends are running towards the bus, closed the door suddenly. the doors hit my arm badly. I asked him, "I was waiting for my friends..why did you closed the door suddenly?? It hit my hands.."

    He braked the bus from starting from the bus stop...and with a humiliating face and voice he retorted 'Oh..is it?? Do you wann me to call the Ambulance for you??'

    I was pissed of with his response... he repeated the question...and I just walked off..ignoring him...there were many passengers..why to waste their time by arguing with that un-cultured idiot!!I'm an expat wrking here...wondering will he be responding in the same way for EVERYBODY??

    Till i get down, he was driving harshly,braking hard...causing in-convinience to other passengers...

    I still remember the face of a bus driver who was saying 'Good Morning' to every passenger who boards into the bus...apparently from the same bus company! the other extreme of the former IDIOT!!

    May god gives him good patience and some anti - depressent tablets!!

    cheerz
    Get

  2. #2

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    You should have said "yes, call an ambulance". That way t would have gone on his record and you'd be amazed how quickly his mood will change. Or contact SBS/SMRT and report him.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    easy case for you... take down bus number, time and name of driver... you know what to do next....

  4. #4

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Take down his bus number, the time and the route. In fact, I would have nicely asked him for his name, smiled at him, and then done the below anyways.

    Write a complaint letter to SBS with all of that, if they do not give a satisfactory answer, the ST forums are for there for you and 80,000 Singaporeans to write in and express your displeasure.

    Complaining online serves no purpose. If you want something to happen, take the proper and hard course of action!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by GetMeEazy View Post
    Hi,

    Today me n my 2 friends wanna board in a ### bus. I ran quickly and got in, while my frends (3 secs away) followed me....when I turned and look for them... the driver, who knows that my friends are running towards the bus, closed the door suddenly. the doors hit my arm badly. I asked him, "I was waiting for my friends..why did you closed the door suddenly?? It hit my hands.."

    He braked the bus from starting from the bus stop...and with a humiliating face and voice he retorted 'Oh..is it?? Do you wann me to call the Ambulance for you??'

    I was pissed of with his response... he repeated the question...and I just walked off..ignoring him...there were many passengers..why to waste their time by arguing with that un-cultured idiot!!I'm an expat wrking here...wondering will he be responding in the same way for EVERYBODY??

    Till i get down, he was driving harshly,braking hard...causing in-convinience to other passengers...

    I still remember the face of a bus driver who was saying 'Good Morning' to every passenger who boards into the bus...apparently from the same bus company! the other extreme of the former IDIOT!!

    May god gives him good patience and some anti - depressent tablets!!

    cheerz
    Get
    u sounded like a primary school kid... or are u?

    well, no number no talk... if you feel being belittled, just send a complain to their company, which most likely would be the standard format of apology with nothing...

    but lucky thing u never try the HCJC stunt...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao View Post
    easy case for you... take down bus number, time and name of driver... you know what to do next....
    buy 2 sets of 4D?

    then give him a token of appreciation if u dio?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    When you take a bus in Sydney, you can see the differences. The bus driver will smile to everyone alight and say "how are you mate?".

    Maybe its true, here life is so stressful.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    When you take a bus in Sydney, you can see the differences. The bus driver will smile to everyone alight and say "how are you mate?".

    Maybe its true, here life is so stressful.

    Regards,
    Arto.
    Same in Perth, very nice bus drivers there. Anyway, stop moaning, what difference will it make here? Call the company and lodge a complaint if you deem it necessary, moaning never solved anything.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,218

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Chill man... Bus captains here in Singapore are very stressed. Their managers (maybe some scholars who have never driven/taken a bus) determines the time the drivers have to complete the course. i.e. course is 50km, bus travels 50km/hour, bus comes back within 1 hour...
    So, they cannot wait for your friends, must accelerate fast fast, must stay at high speed for the longest possible time, that's why they brake hard at the last moment.
    On top of that, they still need to do the OMO thingy, watch out for taxi drivers who stop anytime, anyhow, kids dashing across the road, etc... Really stressful life...
    Just me...

  10. #10

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap View Post
    Chill man... Bus captains here in Singapore are very stressed. Their managers (maybe some scholars who have never driven/taken a bus) determines the time the drivers have to complete the course. i.e. course is 50km, bus travels 50km/hour, bus comes back within 1 hour...
    So, they cannot wait for your friends, must accelerate fast fast, must stay at high speed for the longest possible time, that's why they brake hard at the last moment.
    On top of that, they still need to do the OMO thingy, watch out for taxi drivers who stop anytime, anyhow, kids dashing across the road, etc... Really stressful life...
    I thought that was scraped after some complaints because:

    1) Some bus drivers speed along to meet deadlines and miss people waiting for bus.
    2) Other bus drivers SLOW DOWN and drive at a snail's pace so as to not get back to terminal so fast.


  11. #11

    Talking Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    but lucky thing u never try the HCJC stunt...
    This one-liner damn power

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,218

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    I thought that was scraped after some complaints because:

    1) Some bus drivers speed along to meet deadlines and miss people waiting for bus.
    2) Other bus drivers SLOW DOWN and drive at a snail's pace so as to not get back to terminal so fast.

    I don't think it is scraped lor, because I still see:
    1) Some bus drivers are still speeding, faster than 70km/hr (I was driving at about 70km/hr and he overtook me!!)
    2) The thing that I have not seen are bus drivers SLOW DOWN and drive at a snail's pace...
    Just me...

  13. #13

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    public transportation is like 80cents to $1.60. what do you expect? bus captains are not paid very high you know.

  14. #14

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap View Post
    Chill man... Bus captains here in Singapore are very stressed. Their managers (maybe some scholars who have never driven/taken a bus) determines the time the drivers have to complete the course. i.e. course is 50km, bus travels 50km/hour, bus comes back within 1 hour...
    So, they cannot wait for your friends, must accelerate fast fast, must stay at high speed for the longest possible time, that's why they brake hard at the last moment.
    On top of that, they still need to do the OMO thingy, watch out for taxi drivers who stop anytime, anyhow, kids dashing across the road, etc... Really stressful life...
    not to mention cyclists who ride on the roads. very dangerous.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Should have just ask him to call for an ambulance, take down his name and lodge a complain. You may even claim compensation for his reckless action. He is just trying to play punk with you and like most cowards would not dare to go further.

    Calling bus drivers "Bus Captains" really is a digrace to all real Captains of uniformed services.

  16. #16

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    guy, please, its typical singaporean complaining about these things, give those stressful driver a break, reflect on yourself if all the bus driver go on strike. What service do you expect from employee from the lower end of the income group?

  17. #17

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    guy, please, its typical singaporean complaining about these things, give those stressful driver a break, reflect on yourself if all the bus driver go on strike. What service do you expect from employee from the lower end of the income group?
    Lower income = don't need to give good service?

    That's no logic. I'm not being unfair, I feel, if I expect a minimum standard of service from ANY service provider in the industry, doesn't mean if I pay someone more money I'll get better service.

    It's not a question of money, it's a matter of JOB PRIDE; end of story, and if one doesn't have job pride, no amount of money is going to make him provide good service. I've known toilet cleaners to greet everyone they meet with a proper smile, that makes people feel good and respect them because they have pride despite their situation. I've also known highly paid people to just show black face, and get hated by everyone behind their backs, whether it's customers, or their own staff. What do you want to be?

  18. #18

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    There are always stress from any and everywhere, it doesn't mean that you have to be rude to the person who is paying your company to keep your job!

    Should have just copied the information and call up the customer services, and give them some feedbacks.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Ok. If you can't change people attitude (bus driver attitude), change your attitude. It is easier to change your attitude than someone else attitude, if you want to.

    Greeting the bus driver when you alight may cool down their stress. No harm to try .

    Regards,
    Arto.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Senkang
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: arrogant Bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    guy, please, its typical singaporean complaining about these things, give those stressful driver a break, reflect on yourself if all the bus driver go on strike. What service do you expect from employee from the lower end of the income group?
    beg your pardon...

    I'm not a Singaporean!! en expat wrking in an MNC bank here!! not sure he would have reacted the same way to a Singaporean though!!

    I dinn wanna make a point on his action on Closing the door...i admit that he need to be on time..bla...blaa....!!

    My point is on his illiterate behaviour and the way he showed his stress on his job!!
    Will you crash the PC u are wrking in? shred the office documents - if u are in Stress??
    If something bad happens to the passengers inside or to the ppl outside cuz' of his rash behavior...who pays for it..??it'z the same NUTTY absent minded fella!!

    it'z not the matter of low income/high income - it'z basic human nature which he should posess at his job!! IMHO, i'm sure you wonn say the same words - if it has happened to you!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •