Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why did he RAPE her ???

Default why did he RAPE her ???

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=282270

I ve written the below based on the above incident and previous incidents.

Just when we thot those were bad, I am going to remind all the young ladies and wannabes who are surfing this forum AGAIN. PLEASE... PLEASE... PLEASE... BE STREETWISE AND LEARN TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

....but this should be the last straw ... how worst can it get ? Shame on the local photographer, who commited a recent RAPE on our local talent ....You gave us photogs a very bad name. She is traumatised and we will look into the matter. We will not be surprised that he is preying and planning his next move on a new victim during one of his coming shoots.

Nevertheless, we believe in creating awareness as we are sure it may not be his first. He may get away with it once, twice, thrice ...he could be one lucky chap now.... but we are sure he will meet his maker who will deal with him accordingly even if he goes scot free now.

So LET THIS BE A HARSH REMINDER TO ALL TALENTS/ WANNABES AND THOSE WHO SUFFERED IN SILENCE DUE TO A SIMILAR PREDICAMENT ....ESP THOSE PHOTOGRAPHERS WHO PROMISED YOU GOOD PAY IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY OR OVERSEAS SHOOTS... S***T DO HAPPEN AND THATS WHEN YOU COULDNT SHOUT FOR HELP OR SEEK ASSISTANCE AS YOU WERE IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY.

Talent was RAPED ... and we are sure there are many untold incidents as the victim, like the immediate one is badly traumatised by the 'damage' done. This ordeal has caused sleepless nights to the victim, family and her close friends.

If you are a wannabe or current talent, ask yourselves those questions below...which tier are you ? where do u see yourself 5 years from now ? if you CMI, then move on with your life......and are 'irresistable' offers worth it ? esp overseas shoots? private shoots ? shoots that are supposed to be enticing with high pay or all expenses paid overseas trip ?..think hard... think thrice..do u still wanna do it ? or can u afford to shoulder the risks involved ? ..whatever your choice may be, do not cry when %$^%&*$W^%*W happens .... and start running to Mummy or Daddy bcos you ve been warned.

As responsible photographers, we ve already said or reminded many times..know what you are getting yourself into and learn to accept and live with the consequences. If you cant, avoid photographers like the plague !!!! Of cos, there are still many nice ones out there..you need to learn to distinguish them There are many tell tales signs on those baddies..... never expose yourselves to 'CLOSED' situations....that makes a wise talent ... character reading/ character assessment ? nobody can teach such stuffs...you just ve to OPEN YOUR BIG EYES

why did he RAPE her ?

1. Lust
    2. Revenge
    3. Drunk
    4. Horny
    5. ......................... any other factors ??

I will close by leaving the answer open as we believe irregardless of the answer, forcing oneself on a young lady without her consent is a clear-cut RAPE - and that is WRONG !

Quote Originally Posted by AhV View Post
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=262111

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=246593

this reminds me of the above article and post

anyway, the amount of 'offers' we read from young ladies who want a TFCD or paid photoshoots worry us here too ...private shoots are often preferred by some 'photographers' - I was told ... one wrong decision and she is #$%#$%#$%#-ed

We cannot remove this situation totally but can only offer awareness what they are getting themselves into. Some of my talents get 'disturbed' or stalked as a result of an innocent exchange of phone numbers or shared too much over MSN/blogs etc. Some were offered indecent proposals from influential people.... well, let them decide ..if they were prepared even to 'sell their souls' to get to the cover page of a local mag or a more 'promising' career in a modelling/ entertainment industry... it's not for us to comment .... we can only wish them well

One of our fellow CSer defined it quite well, which tier does our wannabe belong to ? Does she has what it takes to call herself a model ? at best.... she will only be a talent ? what was a victim thinking when she agreed to offer herself for a 'caressing' shoot ? that this 'one in a lifetime' offer will bring her better opportunities in this industry ??? think again ...... if the predator was an INFLUENTIAL person...just maybe ...just maybe it was "WORTH IT" ??? they ve to decide for themselves ....... again, NOT for us to comment .....but a photographer ? duh..... unless he was a well known figure..again, her decision. We will not be surprised if she thot it was a golden opportunity and that was what it took to be one "good" model ..... awareness is the key here..... and we ve many experienced professionals to share and remind us in this forum .. of cos, some 'perverts' are here and in other forums too

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    should be careful whether they are talking about whether they are scouting for talents or models...they mean different things in the industry...

as I have explained here:"

- in the top tier, there are models: those you see on the runways, in glam fashion brand ads and stuff who command the highest fees.

- in the mid tier, there are talents: those who look good but might not have some requirements to be models as dictated by the mainstream fashion industry, like not tall enough, not skinny enough, etc. Its cruel and unfair but there you have it. There are also talent opportunities for people who look outstandingly unique...

- those in the last tier, the extras: who look pleasant but not outstanding enough to hold an ad or image on his or her own.

Of course, can go down tier, like models can take "talent" jobs and talents can take "extra" jobs, but usually not up a tier...
    "

if a person doesn't have what it takes, unless that person knows very influential people, that person will not become a model, no matter how much grooming or training applied...

that is not to put down talents...there are some very good ones around...

but if the agency asks to pay them first for "grooming", then think before acting

walk in may not be worse...if one looks like Giselle Bundchen but having spent youth in the mountains with no scouts around, then walking into a modelling agency oneself to apply is certainly not gonna hinder your career...
    Last edited by AhV; 23rd May 2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: changed colour ......

Default Re: why did he RAPE her ???

1. Stop making my eyes bleed. You really don't need to use red.

2. Be VERY careful with the word "Rape". I don't see where in the threads you linked to it says that he forced himself on her and sexually violated her against her will. Molesting, or feeling a woman's body through thin clothes, is not rape.

"Talent was RAPED ... and we are sure there are many untold incidents as the victim, like the immediate one is badly traumatised by the 'damage' done. This ordeal has caused sleepless nights to the victim, family and her close friends."

Really? Has it? Are you sure her family and friends even know about it?

yes, please be sensitive with the word been used .. it can either blow up the case itself or bring it sown to nothing. Left it as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    1. Stop making my eyes bleed. You really don't need to use red.

2. Be VERY careful with the word "Rape". I don't see where in the threads you linked to it says that he forced himself on her and sexually violated her against her will. Molesting, or feeling a woman's body through thin clothes, is not rape.

"Talent was RAPED ... and we are sure there are many untold incidents as the victim, like the immediate one is badly traumatised by the 'damage' done. This ordeal has caused sleepless nights to the victim, family and her close friends."

Really? Has it? Are you sure her family and friends even know about it?
    I was not referring to those links .... what I meant was ..and most of us thot those were bad

I was clearly saying ..on top of those that were mentioned in those links...what could be worst than a recent R*** .... and I will use BLUE now if your eyes are bleeding

Sounds more like he's trying to become a NP "journalist".

Quote Originally Posted by Luval View Post
    yes, please be sensitive with the word been used .. it can either blow up the case itself or bring it sown to nothing. Left it as it is
    hmmmm.... I ve oredi said that this was a HARSH reminder

I was not referring to those links .... what I meant was ..and most of us thot those were bad

I was clearly saying ..on top of those that were mentioned in those links...what could be worst than a recent R*** .... and I will use BLUE now if your eyes are bleeding
    MUCH better, thanks!

But again, was it rape? Or did the girl "go along" because she thought that's normal of models or will advance her career? Stupidity or ignorance does not make it rape if she was willing.

Sounds more like he's trying to become a NP "journalist".
    you sound like a wise man ...maybe you can share your point of views

we love to hear them

MUCH better, thanks!

But again, was it rape? Or did the girl "go along" because she thought that's normal of models or will advance her career? Stupidity or ignorance does not make it rape if she was willing.
    I totally agree with you if it was a mutual consent ..

hmmmm.... I ve oredi said that this was a HARSH reminder
    sorry , sorry .. : )

I totally agree with you if it was a mutual consent ..
    Well, there's 3 ways to think about it:

1. Mutual consent: Photog thinks model is hot, model thinks photog is hot, they get it on!!! --> Not rape.

2. Consent + stupidity: Photog is a predator, model is too stupid/ignorant and goes along with it and agrees to sleep with photog. --> Not rape.

3. No consent: Photog forces girl to sleep with him, she's struggling and fighting back. --> Rape.

What case are you referring to? For 1, I think both are happy. For 2, The photog is happy, the girl might not really care or even know that "it's not normal". In that case, you have a horny guy who knows he can outsmart some girls taking advantage of an ignorant girl. Depending on your point of view, the guy is either really smart and wily, or he's a slimy b@stard. For 3, I think we can all agree the cane needs to be whipped out.

i like your deductions ...... then he must be a slimy BXXXXXX in your terms

To me? Yes he is. But it's not rape. I would rather be amazed at how naive the girl is... How can you get to a certain age, try to get into the modeling industry and still be so ignorant to the ways of men?

bro, sorry har, going colour blind liaoz, can help us a bit by using black. Thanks ya.

rape1 (rāp) pronunciation
    n.

1. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.
    2. The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.
    3. Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice.
    Probably you might want to use Rape in the context of number 3 instead of number 1. =)

Both are at fault; but the photographer is obviously taking advantage of ignorance; the girl is at fault for being ignorant.

A rapist is very much different from a slimeball though; we have loads of slimeballs, but less rapists. =)

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Probably you might want to use Rape in the context of number 3 instead of number 1. =)

Both are at fault; but the photographer is obviously taking advantage of ignorance; the girl is at fault for being ignorant.

A rapist is very much different from a slimeball though; we have loads of slimeballs, but less rapists. =)
    Yes, but the third definition is usually not applicable to people.

hmmmm .... at least, rinaldi86 has a case

For most of us, we are not 'perfect' photographers.....some of us may not be able to resist a HOT subject too but at least, we DO KNOW how to be responsible photographers and prevent ourselves from acting/ reacting the WRONG way !

methinks under singapore law, when the couple is not husband-wife and the female reports unwanted sexual intercourse, it'll more or less be classified under rape.
    u can argue all u want on ethics and definitions but once it hits the courtroom, this is wat will happen. unless the male can prove that the whole thing didnt happen at all, he's more or less screwed.
    sigh.

wad if d model is a guy?...

how would d public react then? like tis --->

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    methinks under singapore law, when the couple is not husband-wife and the female reports unwanted sexual intercourse, it'll more or less be classified under rape.
    u can argue all u want on ethics and definitions but once it hits the courtroom, this is wat will happen. unless the male can prove that the whole thing didnt happen at all, he's more or less screwed.
    i thought even hubby and wife, and wife half way wans to stop during intercourse and hubby doesnt want to stop, also considered rape ?

anyway if no sexual intercourse is involved, its outrage of modesty. at least that's what i understand so far.
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast