Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Organiser's ethics

Default Re: Organiser's ethics

Furthermore i think point 2 that i mentioned is a more serious act than not asking for permission.
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

maybe the organiser has assumed most people in CS are friendly and can " ok ok ".

but bear in mind, Mr Silver Wolf is making a living from his full-time photography business.. got a big family to feed and a skill trade to protect.

so.. mr organiser , u know what to do ? not nice u know , it is people's ricebowl.... better remove it and make apologies

Last edited by raincool2005; 23rd May 2007 at 02:33 PM.

Hi all,

I am the organiser in question. I have already sent a private apology via PM to silverwolf. My apologies for this whole issue.

Regarding the flickr account, I have no intention of claiming the photo as my own, but just to use flickr as to host the photo, but i understand this must have come across the wrong way, my apologies again for this. I have already remove the photo now.

Sorry again.

Quote Originally Posted by dominant View Post
    Hi all,

I am the organiser in question. I have already sent a private apology via PM to silverwolf. My apologies for this whole issue.

Regarding the flickr account, I have no intention of claiming the photo as my own, but just to use flickr as to host the photo, but i understand this must have come across the wrong way, my apologies again for this. I have already remove the photo now.

Sorry again.
    Taking a picture that is not yours or do not have copyright and putting it into your flickr account is already a breech of copyright. Unless you have bought the rights to use that photo on your flickr.

So its not just "coming across the wrong way".....

Accrediting a photographer does not give you the right to use the picture unless the photographer has agreed to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by dominant View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry again.
    His apologies is accepted and since he had taken the pic down, i'll put the matter to rest.

Ryann, hopefully you understand where you had did wrong and will not repeat the same mistakes again.
    Portfolio | Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus View Post
    Taking a picture that is not yours or do not have copyright and putting it into your flickr account is already a breech of copyright. Unless you have bought the rights to use that photo on your flickr.

So its not just "coming across the wrong way".....
    same sentiments when i read the post.
    Portfolio | Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I feel this need to be settle pubicly.
    .....sometimes not having a spell checker can be embarrassing....
    Last edited by razor; 23rd May 2007 at 05:53 PM.
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

I understand how you felt, because I also kenna before. I believe, we, the photographers have the rights to demand the pic to be removed if no permission is given to the organiser to use the pic for any purpose.

It has come to my attention that some organisers just post the pictures and just put "credits to the respective photographers"... Then my question is that "do you even know who the photographer is in the first place?" Often, I give the benefit of doubt and assume that the organisers really did asked for permission and so I didn't "kpo" to OT the thread. But from this, I guess my assumption is wrong.

Understood, some models/model wannabes who are new do not know the rules and just give the pictures to organisers and such. But I think that organisers should also contact the photographers for the permission before posting them online. While there are some photographers are ok with organisers using their pictures just like that, there are some who don't. It does not take too much effort just to seek permission.
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    I understand how you felt, because I also kenna before. I believe, we, the photographers have the rights to demand the pic to be removed if no permission is given to the organiser to use the pic for any purpose.

It has come to my attention that some organisers just post the pictures and just put "credits to the respective photographers"... Then my question is that "do you even know who the photographer is in the first place?" Often, I give the benefit of doubt and assume that the organisers really did asked for permission and so I didn't "kpo" to OT the thread. But from this, I guess my assumption is wrong.

Understood, some models/model wannabes who are new do not know the rules and just give the pictures to organisers and such. But I think that organisers should also contact the photographers for the permission before posting them online. While there are some photographers are ok with organisers using their pictures just like that, there are some who don't. It does not take too much effort just to seek permission.
    agree, at least PM to ask by respecting the one who make efforts to take the photo.. i am sure most will agree without asking for fees.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 23rd May 2007 at 09:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12