Thread: hyperfocusing

Default hyperfocusing

hi, i read the websites but just could not catch the way to shoot using this method. anyone can state down the steps when taking pictures using this method?

Default Re: hyperfocusing

Quote Originally Posted by chjing View Post
    hi, i read the websites but just could not catch the way to shoot using this method. anyone can state down the steps when taking pictures using this method?
    what website?

Check out the link.
    http://www.picturecorrect.com/articl...techniques.htm
    http://www.great-landscape-photograp...yperfocal.html
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

It's not really necessary with the super-duper autofocus lenses these days. Just stop down appropriately.

If you want to practise hyperfocusing these days, you'll need to have a manual focus lens with DOF scales. And not to be intimidated by what appears to be out of focus when you look through the viewfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    It's not really necessary with the super-duper autofocus lenses these days. Just stop down appropriately.

If you want to practise hyperfocusing these days, you'll need to have a manual focus lens with DOF scales. And not to be intimidated by what appears to be out of focus when you look through the viewfinder.
    Eh.... Hyperfocusing deals with having most of the scene being in focus and if you choose the wrong aperture and focus at the wrong areas, you're not going to get this right.

Read up more about it and you'll find out that this is not the same for all cameras and focal lengths.

If you don't stop down, you won't be able to see what is in focus when you shoot. But of course, you don't have time to stop down when you have a dynamic scene.

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Eh.... Hyperfocusing deals with having most of the scene being in focus and if you choose the wrong aperture and focus at the wrong areas, you're not going to get this right.

Read up more about it and you'll find out that this is not the same for all cameras and focal lengths.