Thread: If say someone posts part of your address online...

Exclamation If say someone posts part of your address online...

...on a public forum for all to see, and then claims that he/she is an "old friend" but yet refuses to reply private message and/or avoids answering questions asking which "old friend" he/she is. What do you think he/she is trying to prove by posting your partial address? Trying to be funny?

What would you all do if someone posted your address on forums?

Default Re: If say someone posts part of your address online...

The person is an "old enemy" instead of "old friend"?

Hmm...
    It will be very scary to see my address to be posted online which can be seen by many people and from other places. It is like intrusion of privacy and in some ways like those loansharks who paint the address of others address at a void deck.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Alright, an update on things.

He now claims that he is an old neighbour and says that he knew my mum and that I was "still young and cannot remember".

My question right now is, why the hesitation to send me his pic so that I can send it to my mum for verification as to whether he really is an old neighbour or not? Or even if he is too shy to send his pic, why not tell me his old block number and old unit number so I can just call my mum up to double check?

The other thing that comes to mind is, if he is an old friend like he claims that he is, and since he knows my address, why post it in public instead of using private messaging like any normal person would do especially since he got the details right?

So Jackals, right now I offer you the option of PM-ing (in hardwarezone) me your photo and/or address (if not, your parents' names as well since my mum would know them if you're an old friend) strictly for verification purposes, or I pursue a legal avenue if I don't get a public apology.

I believe that this is not too much to ask for.

Rest assured that should you kindly provide them, your photo and other details will only be used for identification purposes and will not be posted on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Shu22 View Post
    The person is an "old enemy" instead of "old friend"?
    Hmm, I believe I would remember enemies that old, especially one that claims to know (or have seen) me since childhood for me to maybe not remember him.

i tot loansharks only did such stuff.. wow... they now use "online" liao ? no more paints ? hi-tech manz..
    Last edited by raincool2005; 22nd May 2007 at 11:51 PM.

nowadays ah long very it savvy one, as long as they get your name, searching for your address is easy

what is the fuss?

if it is a partial address then it is not your address.

e.g. blk 80 commonwealth close...

There could be 100 families living at such a block.

just ignore the [jackals]

The fuss is that all someone has to do is to know how you look like (easy with things like friendster etc) with your address for him to wait for you and stalk you.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    i tot loansharks only did such stuff.. wow... they now use "online" liao ? no more paints ? hi-tech manz..
    Heh, all it takes is a sick person who thinks doing stuff like this is damn bloody funny.