Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Allow me, and maybe urself to rant a bit on "Quack Photographers"

Default Re: Allow me, and maybe urself to rant a bit on "Quack Photographers"

but the problem is when did it happen...?

checks..
    1. When?
    2. Where?
    3. How?
    4. Any Witness?
    5. Any past incident with the photographer?
    6. Identify the right facts 1st..

if the report is made, he will called for questioning...
    if he gets nasty, he may in return sue the girl for slander (civil case)

so be very careful lor..
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 22nd May 2007 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinaldi86 View Post
    Not the usual "unofficial photographer yet cross the line" kind of discussion...

Please note that this discussion may contain words that may not be suitable for minors, or if you feel offended by some of the words used, forgive the posters, and please leave this thread. Thank you.

----------

Recently, my friend (a girl) has been going for some paid photoshoot by a 'freelance photographer'. Things have been going on well for quite sometime, until pretty much recently, he gets quite bold.

Ask for photoshoot with certain outfit that will reveal the contour of her body, and to add on, let him (the photographer) to 'caress'. Well, I personally don't see how, or what has photographer caressing his model/s got to do with "photoshoot session".

Next, yet another "photographer" recently added her on MSN. Immediately he sent picture of his private and asked my friend to give comment

Further added that he ****ed his models before, then later asked her if she would like to do similar with him, etc..

-----------

Now, I'm not sure if u guys/gals have encountered similar situations before, but I think there are more and more people holding onto a camera, call themself a photographer (well, nothing wrong! Photographer simply means someone who take pictures using a camera), get some gals to do shoot with, and from there work to their ulterior motives - bonk the girl.

IMO, such people truly give a bad name to photographers, and to a certain extent, the photography industry.

What can be done then? Expose them? Report Police?

Share your views, and, or rants here
    Hi, please bring your friend to make a police report ASAP. If your friend choose to remain silent, it will be deemed as " ok " to those offenders to make repeated attempts on others. It is an offence under the Law stated. Morever, he used MSN to send his pics of private could be placed under Computer Misuse Act.

That " rogue photographer " must be dealt with by the police. He will learn to be a good boy when he starts polishing the iron bars in Changi chalet.

Last edited by raincool2005; 22nd May 2007 at 06:48 PM.

We are only hearing your side of the story. We also need to hear the photographer's side of his story to be fair.

so another case of nato?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

REPORT HIM TO POLICE LA!

Make sure he get nice nice police warden to cane his backside, then he very shiok! <3 <3 <3

After all, the police warden will tell him, "Caress only what!"
    Last edited by night86mare; 22nd May 2007 at 11:35 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

Erm, Computer Misuse Act??? You sure?

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    Hi, please bring your friend to make a police report ASAP. If your friend choose to remain silent, it will be deemed as " ok " to those offenders to make repeated attempts on others. It is an offence under the Law stated. Morever, he used MSN to send his pics of private could be placed under Computer Misuse Act.

That " rogue photographer " must be dealt with by the police. He will learn to be a good boy when he starts polishing the iron bars in Changi chalet.

well let me just state that photographers do all sorts of things to get a picture
    as long as it's made clear upfront. I know that I caress my models alot.
    but I don't send pictures of my privates around.ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    well let me just state that photographers do all sorts of things to get a picture
    as long as it's made clear upfront. I know that I caress my models alot.
    but I don't send pictures of my privates around.ha ha.
    so far most of ur models are u urself.. haha.. i cant wait to see more of ur great work !!

Thumbs down Re: Allow me, and maybe urself to rant a bit on "Quack Photographers"

Obviously, he has went overboard A photographer don't even need to have the slightest bit of body contact with the model if both of them are not intimate friends. A photographer takes photo only, not "eats tofu". This guy spoilt the image of photographers.

This is not Quack Photographers but a sicko you are talking about.
    Please shame and name him here for all to know.

Well I've personally seen some so-called "photographers" talking at a kopitiam to some prospective models. I know one shouldn't judge a book by its cover, by really, the guys looked kinda sleazy, sloppy. And they were talking about photoshoots and I saw their album portfolio - looks like some ordinary Joe shooting with a compact camera.

However, that's not to say that neatly-dressed people ought to be completely trusted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by noobie View Post
    Obviously, he has went overboard A photographer don't even need to have the slightest bit of body contact with the model if both of them are not intimate friends. A photographer takes photo only, not "eats tofu". This guy spoilt the image of photographers.
    so sad... the reputation of photographer has been stained. Shall i switch to videographer instead ?

so sad... the reputation of photographer has been stained. Shall i switch to videographer instead ?
    Haha. Lagi worse, bro.

What kind of video?

But seriously, if a photographer that's got a good portfolio and/or has been recommended by someone else, it should be quite safe, lah. Always do a cross-check, because yeah, there are MANY out there who go into "photography" just so they can photograph women (in a negative sense).

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Haha. Lagi worse, bro.

What kind of video?

But seriously, if a photographer that's got a good portfolio and/or has been recommended by someone else, it should be quite safe, lah. Always do a cross-check, because yeah, there are MANY out there who go into "photography" just so they can photograph women (in a negative sense).
    they spoiled the business environment lah... reputation in business is very important.

I'm all hands and legs for exposing dat bugger.

Plz post his MSN, email address, emails, nickname, realname, etc, etc.

For those who are serious abt doing TFCDs and conduct themselves in a professional manner, all it takes is just 1 case of outraging of modesty, rape to be splashed onto the front page of ST and guess what? As long as u're spotting holding a camera (even if its not against ur eye), u'll be deemed as a pervert and met with fists and legs.

Such acts that u'd mentioned, the lady can file a police report for sexual harassment. I believe that its in her right in the Woman's Charter to do so.

Polish bars? I think he'd better start polishing somewhere else with butter first before he bends over and start polish the bar and ppl polish their bars elsewhere on him.

Buggers like those shld be shot, hung, electrocuted.

No, I'm not joking.

vince123123
    Guests

I concur with exposing the identity - no point to complain without identifying the person.

As for filing a report, I believe that Section 509 of the Penal Code would be more relevant. The Womens' Charter doesn't exactly cover these things.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    I'm all hands and legs for exposing dat bugger.

Plz post his MSN, email address, emails, nickname, realname, etc, etc.

For those who are serious abt doing TFCDs and conduct themselves in a professional manner, all it takes is just 1 case of outraging of modesty, rape to be splashed onto the front page of ST and guess what? As long as u're spotting holding a camera (even if its not against ur eye), u'll be deemed as a pervert and met with fists and legs.

Such acts that u'd mentioned, the lady can file a police report for sexual harassment. I believe that its in her right in the Woman's Charter to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I concur with exposing the identity - no point to complain without identifying the person.

As for filing a report, I believe that Section 509 of the Penal Code would be more relevant. The Womens' Charter doesn't exactly cover these things.
    yes, please reveal who is that photographer ? does he owns a studio or something like that ? is he known in clubsnap ? very dangerous u know ? if it is true, the studio is a dangerous place hor !

again nato.....why?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    report to police. i dunno abt u guys -but, rule 1 - no touching of model, even if it is just adjusting hair. either ask the model to do it, or get the MUA (if MUA is a lady).
    caressing and adjusting are 2 different thing.. althought i do agree. there shall be no adjusting " touching" . and if there are other/s that can help . otherwise . the photographer will have to interve abit lah.. and after so many times that the model have try to adjust for themselves. .. sometimess

as for whether to expose the photographer or not ...The gal have to decide ..TS have to convinced your friend and help her also. This is not to be taken lightly. The line is crossed already .. and there isnt a sense of professionalism in him.. Less , there shall be no merecy for him on this ground. I believe he already went overboard, Got what he wanted.. and wish he wasnt expose..
    Last edited by Luval; 23rd May 2007 at 02:47 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast