Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allow me, and maybe urself to rant a bit on "Quack Photographers"

Default Re: Allow me, and maybe urself to rant a bit on "Quack Photographers"

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    Bring Him To Me !

I always think that a camera will bring me near to nature until I read this thread. *Shaking head*

Bring Him To Me !
    He is all yours!

Bring Him To Me !
    And what are you going to do to him, sis?
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

I do the same to him lor...

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    is the pervert photographer handsome or not?
    Deckard, we have spoken before and you have a knack for posting irrelevant or banal comments here and in other threads in Kopi Tiam. Although this place is for casual chit chats, I would like to request that you refrain from similar postings please.

Thank you.

vince123123
    Guests

Identify him in this thread lor

Quote Originally Posted by rinaldi86 View Post
    Not the usual "unofficial photographer yet cross the line" kind of discussion...

Please note that this discussion may contain words that may not be suitable for minors, or if you feel offended by some of the words used, forgive the posters, and please leave this thread. Thank you.

----------

Recently, my friend (a girl) has been going for some paid photoshoot by a 'freelance photographer'. Things have been going on well for quite sometime, until pretty much recently, he gets quite bold.

Ask for photoshoot with certain outfit that will reveal the contour of her body, and to add on, let him (the photographer) to 'caress'. Well, I personally don't see how, or what has photographer caressing his model/s got to do with "photoshoot session".

Next, yet another "photographer" recently added her on MSN. Immediately he sent picture of his private and asked my friend to give comment

Further added that he ****ed his models before, then later asked her if she would like to do similar with him, etc..

-----------

Now, I'm not sure if u guys/gals have encountered similar situations before, but I think there are more and more people holding onto a camera, call themself a photographer (well, nothing wrong! Photographer simply means someone who take pictures using a camera), get some gals to do shoot with, and from there work to their ulterior motives - bonk the girl.

IMO, such people truly give a bad name to photographers, and to a certain extent, the photography industry.

What can be done then? Expose them? Report Police?

Share your views, and, or rants here

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=262111

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=246593

this reminds me of the above article and post

anyway, the amount of 'offers' we read from young ladies who want a TFCD or paid photoshoots worry us here too ...private shoots are often preferred by some 'photographers' - I was told ... one wrong decision and she is #$%#$%#$%#-ed

We cannot remove this situation totally but can only offer awareness what they are getting themselves into. Some of my talents get 'disturbed' or stalked as a result of an innocent exchange of phone numbers or shared too much over MSN/blogs etc. Some were offered indecent proposals from influential people.... well, let them decide ..if they were prepared even to 'sell their souls' to get to the cover page of a local mag or a more 'promising' career in a modelling/ entertainment industry... it's not for us to comment .... we can only wish them well

One of our fellow CSer defined it quite well, which tier does our wannabe belong to ? Does she has what it takes to call herself a model ? at best.... she will only be a talent ? what was a victim thinking when she agreed to offer herself for a 'caressing' shoot ? that this 'one in a lifetime' offer will bring her better opportunities in this industry ??? think again ...... if the predator was an INFLUENTIAL person...just maybe ...just maybe it was "WORTH IT" ??? they ve to decide for themselves ....... again, NOT for us to comment .....but a photographer ? duh..... unless he was a well known figure..again, her decision. We will not be surprised if she thot it was a golden opportunity and that was what it took to be one "good" model ..... awareness is the key here..... and we ve many experienced professionals to share and remind us in this forum .. of cos, some 'perverts' are here and in other forums too

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    should be careful whether they are talking about whether they are scouting for talents or models...they mean different things in the industry...

as I have explained here:"

- in the top tier, there are models: those you see on the runways, in glam fashion brand ads and stuff who command the highest fees.

- in the mid tier, there are talents: those who look good but might not have some requirements to be models as dictated by the mainstream fashion industry, like not tall enough, not skinny enough, etc. Its cruel and unfair but there you have it. There are also talent opportunities for people who look outstandingly unique...

- those in the last tier, the extras: who look pleasant but not outstanding enough to hold an ad or image on his or her own.

Of course, can go down tier, like models can take "talent" jobs and talents can take "extra" jobs, but usually not up a tier...
    "

if a person doesn't have what it takes, unless that person knows very influential people, that person will not become a model, no matter how much grooming or training applied...

that is not to put down talents...there are some very good ones around...

but if the agency asks to pay them first for "grooming", then think before acting

walk in may not be worse...if one looks like Giselle Bundchen but having spent youth in the mountains with no scouts around, then walking into a modelling agency oneself to apply is certainly not gonna hinder your career...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Deckard, we have spoken before and you have a knack for posting irrelevant or banal comments here and in other threads in Kopi Tiam. Although this place is for casual chit chats, I would like to request that you refrain from similar postings please.

Thank you.
    ok

Bring Him to Me...

he will be sorry..

call the police.

close the door, release the dogs!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

expose him and report to police. No less

Bring Him to Me.. I am serious...

Bring Him to Me.. I am serious...
    What are you planning to do when he's being brought to you??

On another note, sometimes some female talents or models also are too innocent, in believing that the photographer is very famous and will be able to make her famous and earn lots of money. Or in the case of what AhV had mentioned,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahv
    what was a victim thinking when she agreed to offer herself for a 'caressing' shoot ? that this 'one in a lifetime' offer will bring her better opportunities in this industry ??? think again ...... if the predator was an INFLUENTIAL person...just maybe ...just maybe it was "WORTH IT" ??? they ve to decide for themselves ....... again, NOT for us to comment .....but a photographer ? duh..... unless he was a well known figure..again, her decision. We will not be surprised if she thot it was a golden opportunity and that was what it took to be one "good" model .....

it will be good to expose him here, or atleast a hint, so that most ppl here can know and beware of it.

Imagine if another victim was claimed, was it becos u never expose of him??? do a good deed, expose him or a hint will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by andrOo View Post
    What are you planning to do when he's being brought to you??

On another note, sometimes some female talents or models also are too innocent, in believing that the photographer is very famous and will be able to make her famous and earn lots of money. Or in the case of what AhV had mentioned,
    quite right. What happens if the girl expected very good shots from the photog. the shots don't turn out right, she wants revenge and falsely accuse the photog of hanky panky.

the guy always at the losing end.

Expose him.

There's no excuse using a "photographer" moniker as a cover up for more devious acts.
    Just like the paedophile in the papers claiming to be a basketball coach. (yeah he is...read in the papers he was sacked)
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

well if he hanky panky with me, I get him arrested lor...

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Just like the paedophile in the papers claiming to be a basketball coach. (yeah he is...read in the papers he was sacked)
    But how can he not able to tell the reporter is not 13? Think at least a poly graduate will then be able to be a reporter bah. Such a great difference..

On another note to TS, should expose him, either send the pic with the ip address to the police and let the law deals with him. They most likely feels that your friend wont do anything that's why he send the sick pic to your friend.

Rinaldi, you should take her to the police station and make a report.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast