Oh man, I'm getting mine on Monday....

Can't you adjust the colours?

How much did the apple cost you?
    I am getting mine on monday also
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Default Re: Dell 2407WFP 24" @ S$899

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    I am getting mine on monday also
    the good thing is that it would cost you only 60$ to return the monitor for refund and start looking for a better one In my personal opinion this monitor model is not good for photoe diting...this is also confirmed by the monitor description on Dell web site.

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm really? Why not good for photo editing.

Shucks, maybe have to waste 60 bucks....

Quote Originally Posted by mutabor View Post
    the good thing is that it would cost you only 60$ to return the monitor for refund and start looking for a better one In my personal opinion this monitor model is not good for photoe diting...this is also confirmed by the monitor description on Dell web site.

By the way... besides the problem with accurate colors reproduction...this was the first LCD in quite a few years which made my eyes filling tired just after 10 minutes of using it.

vince123123
    Guests

Other than the colours, what was the reason the eyes felt tired? flicker?

By the way... besides the problem with accurate colors reproduction...this was the first LCD in quite a few years which made my eyes filling tired just after 10 minutes of using it.

Just sent mine 2407WFP back for refund. My eyes couldn't stand the monitor and they were getting tired just after 15 minutes looking at it. Colors seems to be oversaturated and profiling with Eye-one doesn't help much. I just purchased 23'' apple cinema display and I love it.
    you cannot compare a 8bit panel to a 10bit panel. Like comparing apples to oranges like that. Price wise the dell is more attractive. If you are looking for LCDs for pro/serious photo editing then you should be looking at NEC spectraview or Eizo monitors.

2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Other than the colours, what was the reason the eyes felt tired? flicker?
    Just received my 2407WFP tonight, after lower the brightness according to calibration, so far so good, I really like this bigger screen compare to my old Philips 19" CRT monitor.

Just used this software to test dead/bright pixel, lucky didn't notice any
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...el-Buddy.shtml
    Last edited by zcf; 11th June 2007 at 10:18 PM.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

vince123123
    Guests

Anyone knows where the return policy is at? I'm trying to surf the site and can't see anything.

Anyone knows where the return policy is at? I'm trying to surf the site and can't see anything.
    You haven't even gotten it and you want to return it already?

vince123123
    Guests

I'm using it now, thinking of returning, keeping options open.

Do you know the link to the return policY?

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    You haven't even gotten it and you want to return it already?

Maybe give Dell a call on their hotline and enquire... get it from the horses mouth.. i don't have the link, sorry

You can return within 30 days. I returned mine last week. You just give a call to Dell and they will send you a DHL AirWay documents. The DHL will collect the monitor from you and send it back to Dell Malasya. Uppon receiving the LCD, Dell will refund your credit card minus 60$ for delivery charge.

vince123123
    Guests

Oh its 30 days? I thought someone said it was just 7 days. Is there any written policy anywhere which says I can return within 30 days? If its 30 days I'd like to take some more time to try it out, because my 7 days expires on Monday.

I'm still toying and wondering if I should keep this...I'm not sure if the problem is that it is too big for me, or that it is too bright. As for bright, I can set it to 0, and further set the graphics card to lower it down some more before its viewable - this is the same problem you had right, this too bright issue?

How's your new monitor, better?

You can return within 30 days. I returned mine last week. You just give a call to Dell and they will send you a DHL AirWay documents. The DHL will collect the monitor from you and send it back to Dell Malasya. Uppon receiving the LCD, Dell will refund your credit card minus 60$ for delivery charge.

Oh its 30 days? I thought someone said it was just 7 days. Is there any written policy anywhere which says I can return within 30 days? If its 30 days I'd like to take some more time to try it out, because my 7 days expires on Monday.
    Look at item 7.2.
    http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/topi...=sg&l=en&s=gen

As for bright, I can set it to 0, and further set the graphics card to lower it down some more before its viewable - this is the same problem you had right, this too bright issue?
    I had this "too bright" issue also. Even if I'd set brightnes at 0, my eyes still felt uncomfortable.

How's your new monitor, better?
    New Apple Cinema is much better, no regrets of buying it. But it costs two times of the Dell 24'' price.

vince123123
    Guests

Thats mutarbor.

Its better in what sense? Can help elaborate a bit?

Wasn't it possible to counter the brightness problem by adjusting graphics card settings?

New Apple Cinema is much better, no regrets of buying it. But it costs two times of the Dell 24'' price.

just for information, Dell 2407WFP-HC with 92% gamut is out
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm would this be better than the old one we all got? I'm still within my 30 day return period....

After setting it and calibrating it, I think the 24" is quite okay - was about to keep it until I saw this...

Thsi one looks not so bright right? That's a good thing?

Any comments would be useful.

just for information, Dell 2407WFP-HC with 92% gamut is out

Hmm would this be better than the old one we all got? I'm still within my 30 day return period....

After setting it and calibrating it, I think the 24" is quite okay - was about to keep it until I saw this...

Thsi one looks not so bright right? That's a good thing?

Any comments would be useful.
    From HWZ discussion, and on the chinese review website mentioned on Dell 30" model compare on older and newer HC, it seem that the wider colour range on will make a different on photos display. The brightness indeed is another issue for concern.

arranging mine on 1 to 1 exchange, but the waiting time is 3-4 weeks while they will collecting it back in 1 week time . Mine was without any DP/BP. So I am taking gamble that I may get a imperfect one.
    Last edited by zcf; 27th June 2007 at 01:19 PM.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm, so the upshot is that the new model would be better for photos display right?

As for brightness, since the newer one is not as bright, does it mean that we won't have that too bright problem? Or is the rating only on the max brightness and not the min brightness?

All in all it would cost around S$100 to upgrade - S$60 to return and S$40 more for topup...

From HWZ discussion, and on the chinese review website mentioned on Dell 30" model compare on older and newer HC, it seem that the wider colour range on will make a different on photos display. The brightness indeed is another issue for concern.

arranging mine on 1 to 1 exchange, but the waiting time is 3-4 weeks while they will collecting it back in 1 week time . Mine was without any DP/BP. So I am taking gamble that I may get a imperfect one.

Hmm, so the upshot is that the new model would be better for photos display right?

As for brightness, since the newer one is not as bright, does it mean that we won't have that too bright problem? Or is the rating only on the max brightness and not the min brightness?

All in all it would cost around S$100 to upgrade - S$60 to return and S$40 more for topup...
    From what I know, the $40 or so is for upgrade from current 3 yrs warranty to 5 yrs warranty. The S$60 to return, they may waive it if they agree on 1 to 1 exchange.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast