Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My external HD canot be detected

Default Re: My external HD canot be detected

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    The Linux boot sounds too chim for me.

er... on my mac, i could still see the 2 partitions but they are with a different name from what i had named them before. know my 2nd partition is not important so i reformat it using mac utility with the no erase option.

I could now detect that partition on my mac but its empty inside. Using a trial version of Data rescue, I could detect all the file in the partition but cant restore it becos trial version dont support it.

I then plug the disk into my PC.. the computrer management only detected a whole hard disk with no partitions and it says space unallocated. PC inspector should be able to recover the files but it only work in PC and my PC cant detect my partition. Should i just format it in PC and recover from there.. cant find any Mac version of file recovery (free ones)

might be worth to invest in data rescue at this time. i dont think its that expensive.

Ya.. thats the best to do I think. I'm checking my DVD archieves for now to see if all my important files are there, if not den i will resort to getting the restore software. Else just go ahead and reformat if i have all my important files.

So those who have not double backup yr files... better do it now.

Thanks everyone for offering your help.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post

Should i just format it in PC and recover from there.. cant find any Mac version of file recovery (free ones)
    Format => no more data; no need to recover liao. So be careful with what you are doing.

Hi..

I dropped my 8g Seagate Photo dr.. cannot read anymore. any help? Recover the file?Repair?

Yappy & happy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12