Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Closure Of Schools

Originally posted by Revo
    Maybe its due to the timing of curriculum systems...

Cos the timing of semesters are different...realise ITE,Poly and Unis have the same timing for start n ending of their curriculum periods?
    No thats not the way. We are talking about potential deaths and ppl getting infected. How can these people be excluded? It makes me wonder what MOE and MOH thinking.

WE ARE HUMANS TOO AND ARE AT RISK. that reason is clear.

Originally posted by mervlam
    meanwhile, u can catch up with your marking and planning for lessons.
    I'll have more than enough time for that

If possible, I'll plan a few days to shoot; afterall my June holidays will be shortened...

oh my god....a second person just died...

Lets pray this does not get worse.

What I really fear is that I'll have nothing left to do, end up visiting CP, AP, Ah John or TCW and sees that they still have a unit of EOS 10D and ...

Man...I need to get a life...

Actually, I think Uni students are at higher risk of catching SARS loh. We are know how fast colds and flus spread in our hostels. (Haha, due to many of our unhealthy habits :P) And we are talking about 6000 students on campus at NTU alone. And the rest of the students travel so regularly to and fro from school, the transmitivity of disease is actually so much higher.....

(Maybe I'm so concerned is because I want the exams pushed back......)

Why don't they cancel all ICT for the next 1 mth? My air base is so near to Changi Airport.

i really hope they'll close polys, unis and ites too...i'm spending an average of 2hrs travelling in packed buses...and another 8hrs in a lab wif so many people. *paranoid*

Dun noe how true it is, but just received a circulating msg on ICQ about a lecturer from NIE and a student from NBS kena the virus liao..... hahaha.... maybe it's just propaganda from disgruntled students.....

I totally agree! Poly/ITE/Uni student should also be included.

Reasons are as followed:

-The reason MOH/MOE gave to support their 'exclusion' of Poly/ITE/Uni states that these student are more mature thus shld be able to handle the situation( aren't JC student the same age as most Poly students?)
    -Poly/Uni conduct tutorials in closed environment (air-condition(central aircon) tutorial rooms)
    -Poly/Uni conduct MASS lectures in lecture hall(usually 200-300ppl at one time)

I just wonder.... why the govt left us out...

BTW, I don't mind extending my term into the holiday. I just personally feel that we can really reduce the risk if we all stay @ home (for those working, boh pian cos u all have the keep the economy going).

Canon Lover :)

whatever it is, we REALLY have to take care of ourselves.

Think they are unwilling to close down cos of the large number of foreign students in the unis, as well as it will totally screw up the exam timetables, which means lecturers and tutors have to stay back longer during the term break which equals more $$$.

Originally posted by shidenx
    No thats not the way. We are talking about potential deaths and ppl getting infected. How can these people be excluded? It makes me wonder what MOE and MOH thinking.

WE ARE HUMANS TOO AND ARE AT RISK. that reason is clear.
    Relax....i have tot of that too...

apparently they felt we shld go to sch...i m also wondering too..

ever thought that maybe its due to the sch's director for not having the closure?

besides i think for polys, its the directors who makes the decision...and it would mean the whole poly's directors gona meet and decide and den gotta make a consenus with other polys to close...(at least i think so cos other wise it would depict as inconsistency)

As much as we worry or piss at the fact that we are not given the break for whatever reasons...

i think we shld just take good care of ourselves like what mervlam said....unless students in our shoes have enuff leave to take from sch without facing debarrment...

The Govt is putting this group at risk. So only JC and below should be protected?

I think the nature of all these study locations revolve around $$$ and the Govt will close them the last to have less impact on income.............
    [/B]
    Quoting myself from my previous post. Is'nt it obvious?

What i am trying to express is. What is important? Monetary/Academic interests or lives?? Does actions to protect lives weight more than profits? I think no matter what u need your life to enjoy,earn money and do work.

Closeure of Primary to JC has shown that SARS is not to be reckon with. SO WHY all institutes of studies are'nt included? It maddens me.

Quoting myself from my previous post. Is'nt it obvious?
    Well, personally i think its not obvious enuff...

anyway in my previous posts..i mentioned NYP Health Sciences student got the break from closure too...

They were closed from since 20th March....

On the other hand....why not say it could have been the parents who has been whinning n complainting to moe ..so much so they have to resort to this so that parents can have a peace of mind...

well, as with everything else there is a need for the govenrment to weigh all costs and benefits of the situation before making a decision. sars is spread through close contact with an infected person; if you read the press release, you'll find a line that says closure because of parents' concern for the kids.

it may be about the money, but then again, it might not be. we just have to look out for ourselves, instead of simply going for conspiracy theories such as 'its all about the money'. you can have your views..but is it responsible to bring up such views in public?

whatever it is, drink lots of water, take lots of fruits (or vit C) and stay at home whenever possible

sanelunatic
    Guests

test test.....worLd is coming to an end la....war betweEn men....war betWeen pLaguE and meN..

Originally posted by jon33

it may be about the money, but then again, it might not be. we just have to look out for ourselves, instead of simply going for conspiracy theories such as 'its all about the money'. you can have your views..but is it responsible to bring up such views in public?
    We are bringing up our views about what we think of the situation. It's up to our readers to decide to agree with them or not. In the view that it directly concerns many of us, it will be more irresponsible not to share our concern with fellow students.
    We are not spreading hysteria nor rumours, Uni students are more sensible than that.

this is a joke. concern for fellow students? then why do we have people posting 'hoping exams will be pushed back','why they have and not us'...

benefiting from others' misery? nuff said. we all have our own views. safe to say, i disagree with the viewpoint of 'its all because of the money'

apologies if i offended anyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast