Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is marketing really important??

Cool Is marketing really important??

Possible for a so-so product to be boosted by solid marketing so that people go krazy over it?? A photographer whose photographs are average but with excellent marketing and packaging, will become high end photographers?? Consumers will fall into this type of trap??

A photographers who shot are very good but didn't do good marketing and packaging and end up shooting budget shots all his life...sad true of life??

Default Re: Is marketing really important??

Yes, yes and yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    Yes, yes and yes!!!
    That's bad leh..... how I know a product is really good.........marketter make it solid solid then I stupid stupid go and buy!?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Possible for a so-so product to be boosted by solid marketing so that people go krazy over it?? A photographer whose photographs are average but with excellent marketing and packaging, will become high end photographers?? Consumers will fall into this type of trap??

A photographers who shot are very good but didn't do good marketing and packaging and end up shooting budget shots all his life...sad true of life??
    Yup... Manufacturers normally dun earn more than those who do marketing... same like sales always earn more than production.

Same, sometimes u see pics that most will slam, but strange enuff, u see those few usual suspects going around & say the pics are nice... what can you do? Zip up & go, the newbies will think those are nice pics and yada yada...

Well... artist are never famous before they die... and artist are never rich...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Yes... just look at Apple and Creative. Which has more features and technical gee-whiz??? Which sells better???

Marketing and branding... impt stuff.... Photography... one of the tools to achieve that....

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Yup... Manufacturers normally dun earn more than those who do marketing... same like sales always earn more than production.

Same, sometimes u see pics that most will slam, but strange enuff, u see those few usual suspects going around & say the pics are nice... what can you do? Zip up & go, the newbies will think those are nice pics and yada yada...

Well... artist are never famous before they die... and artist are never rich...
    So I can pick up photography, no need to shoot very well. I spent lots of money hiring consultants to do marketing, build up my image and packaging, build up the branding....

and woosh! I am a famous photographer??

So I can pick up photography, no need to shoot very well. I spent lots of money hiring consultants to do marketing, build up my image and packaging, build up the branding....

CORRECT!!!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus View Post
    Yes... just look at Apple and Creative. Which has more features and technical gee-whiz??? Which sells better???

Marketing and branding... impt stuff.... Photography... one of the tools to achieve that....
    I think iPod looks classy....well, I am unsure now if my brain has been marketised?! .... or I really feel that iPod looks more elegant??

One word --> Micro$oft

I think iPod looks classy....well, I am unsure now if my brain has been marketised?! .... or I really feel that iPod looks more elegant??
    u are made to feel that its more elegant...

but if u say functions... ipods have one of the lower grade audio quality in the MP3 market... compared to Koreans...

Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    One word --> Micro$oft
    think this is a special case leh......... it's more like no choice.....in schools everyone uses Windows.... how to escape...... I dun buy a PC because of marketing...because I dun have other choices leh

iPod looks good, but does it really sound good where it really matter? I can name a few other brands that can beat it for sound quality. It is all the hype that marketing has build up that makes people want to buy iPod.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    iPod looks good, but does it really sound good where it really matter? I can name a few other brands that can beat it for sound quality. It is all the hype that marketing has build up that makes people want to buy iPod.
    Powerful, the (marketing) force is.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    ^5

If not important then I got no job already

Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    If not important then I got no job already
    wat u work as?

No that makes you a bankrupt and a simpleminded fool for believing that marketing is all hype. If marketing is so simple to be done, then doing business wouldnt be so hard. Go think about why there is marketing and how it is being done.

Ipod might not have the best sound but it is still above par. you cant really tell about quality until you have a really good pair of earphones in a nice quiet room. You walk about outside with it and the noise will still affect the music. Not everyone is an audiobuff.

Maybe lah... who knows?

Even Paris Hilton can cut CD with the help of some very good marketing... so maybe you can become famous photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    No that makes you a bankrupt and a simpleminded fool for believing that marketing is all hype. If marketing is so simple to be done, then doing business wouldnt be so hard. Go think about why there is marketing and how it is being done.

Ipod might not have the best sound but it is still above par. you cant really tell about quality until you have a really good pair of earphones in a nice quiet room. You walk about outside with it and the noise will still affect the music. Not everyone is an audiobuff.
    But Paris Hilton's singing is Kana Sai...

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Maybe lah... who knows?

Even Paris Hilton can cut CD with the help of some very good marketing... so maybe you can become famous photographer.
    ya... even the Gods are crazy... and the Stars are blind...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast