Thread: Playstation 3 for playing Blu-Ray discs

Default Playstation 3 for playing Blu-Ray discs

I am thinking of getting a Playstation 3 for playing Blu-Ray discs. I have just placed an order for the Blu-Ray version of Planet Earth, which I learned is probably the best and most comprehensive documentary film on nature ever made. Has anyone played Blu-Ray discs on their PS3? If so, can you please share your experience? Thanks.

Default Re: Playstation 3 for playing Blu-Ray discs

Watched some blu-ray discs already. You better have a 1080p TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Watched some blu-ray discs already. You better have a 1080p TV.
    Think 1080i also ok as long you don't pause it. 720p also not a bad choice. 576p is good but just considering yourself wasting a HD film lor.

I also considering getting a PS3 over a Wii. Worth the $ esp Wii cost almost the same as a PS3 but only thing is different, the game play.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by David Chin View Post
    I am thinking of getting a Playstation 3 for playing Blu-Ray discs. I have just placed an order for the Blu-Ray version of Planet Earth, which I learned is probably the best and most comprehensive documentary film on nature ever made. Has anyone played Blu-Ray discs on their PS3? If so, can you please share your experience? Thanks.
    just watched the first episode of planet Earth on PS3, on my 720P projector.

Input Signal is 1080i. Not too bad. The show is quite stunning with some of the shots really quite remarkable.

Is HD a huge difference? Not really. My 480p DVDs are pretty close actually. The difference is there but not really huge.

1080p vs 720p? You need to have very good eyes and sit rather close to tell the difference.

I'm also planning to get a Blu-Ray rom for my computer.
    Hope it's not too expensive.

Saw the demo at Suntec the other time, the quality is fantastic.