Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Hokkien Mee In Singapore???

Default Re: Best Hokkien Mee In Singapore???

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post

It can't get any easier than this hehe......
    was told the eunos one run by his dad - the founder. his son operates at joo chiat. but cooked by burmese.. its hard to see the boss cooking anymore. its about operation and profits. Quality has to be there somewhat, but passion is lost in profits.

kim hk noodle is a lil too salty and starchy. but it is undoutedly many people's favourite.

i still prefer the dover road hawker centre uncle. its simple, not too salty, not too wet and the stock (ie the soup base) used for the noodle was just nice. i had not eaten there for about a decade. the cleaniness grading is grade A for a small hawker stall - and it is unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    i had not eaten there for about a decade. the cleaniness grading is grade A for a small hawker stall - and it is unusual.
    Eh, a decade?? Is it still there? Might wanna try....

BTW, if it is still there, How to go to that place??

anybody tried tampines blk 801 de? business there is good!

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Eh, a decade?? Is it still there? Might wanna try....

BTW, if it is still there, How to go to that place??
    I drove there so dunno how to explain... i think its beside ite.

anyway, i just googled and found that the stall had changed hands... haiz, if its true, we lost another good food stall for hunt..

the old airport hokkien mee is quite well rated. they usually have a long queue formation and sometimes people wait 45min on the queue to get a plate. Its the one who is called hougang hokkien mee or something.(located nearer to the toilet). they are closed on the 1st and 15th of the chinese calendar usually. i have yet to try them. i hope they are good man...

The Old Airport Road Hokkien mee is only good if you eat there and not ta pao.

The one at East Coast can get quite watery at times.

Quote Originally Posted by photofreek View Post
    I like the one at Food Republic, Wisma Atria
    I like this one too

Another I highly recommend is the coffeeshop next to Kovan MRT...the noodle mix with fine beehon....the juice no where run The same shop have very nice satay and fried ouster too

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    I drove there so dunno how to explain... i think its beside ite.

anyway, i just googled and found that the stall had changed hands... haiz, if its true, we lost another good food stall for hunt..

the old airport hokkien mee is quite well rated. they usually have a long queue formation and sometimes people wait 45min on the queue to get a plate. Its the one who is called hougang hokkien mee or something.(located nearer to the toilet). they are closed on the 1st and 15th of the chinese calendar usually. i have yet to try them. i hope they are good man...
    I hear of it too... Last time wanted to try, but was told to wait 1hr. Didn't have tht type of time to spare, so didn't have it in the end.

But i heard from a friend, its good, but abit over-rated. Was told not worth 1hr wait.... Haha, but i might still try if the waiting time falls below an hour thou.

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    I hear of it too... Last time wanted to try, but was told to wait 1hr. Didn't have tht type of time to spare, so didn't have it in the end.

But i heard from a friend, its good, but abit over-rated. Was told not worth 1hr wait.... Haha, but i might still try if the waiting time falls below an hour thou.
    best is to go before peak time. its cooked at a more relaxed pace and you can enjoy the food better in a non crowded food court.

oh, hong lim food court also has one hikkien mee not too bad. it on ground floor, near the dim sum corner, opp dbs bank. i think the portion is decent and taste above ave.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123