Thread: Udon - The Movie, The Recipe & The Place to Eat

Default Udon - The Movie, The Recipe & The Place to Eat

1. The Movie

After watching Udon, I was pretty glad i did not watch it with an empty stomach. One's stomach would have growled non-stop if you went in hungry.

I love this movie, for it's comedy and its heart warming story line and the beautifully shot food scenes...

Do catch it if you can.

2. The Recipe

Now, I am very very tempted to try to make my own udon soup broth so I was wondering if there is any place i could buy the ingredients or anywhere i can any recipe for clear udon broth? If so, kindly share please.

3. The Place to Eat

And last but not least, I have this udon craving that will not go away after watching the movie. Anyone know of where in Sg where we can find nice udon?

Default Re: Udon - The Movie, The Recipe & The Place to Eat

That was a nice movie. I watched it for the female lead in the first place but then ended up liking the movie, too bad it was cut short as the plane was about to land.

Try the Japanese restaurant, Akashi at Tanglin Mall/Shopping centre, the one closer to Orchard Towers. I found that place to have pretty authentic Japanese food. You can see it hidden partly behind the stairs case in front of the building.

FYI Daimaru`s Meidya has a workshop on udon making, have to go down to check the exact times tho.
    Last edited by TMC; 21st May 2007 at 12:20 AM.

Default Re: Udon - The Movie, The Recipe & The Place to Eat

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    That was a nice movie. I watched it for the female lead in the first place but then ended up liking the movie, too bad it was cut short as the plane was about to land.

Try the Japanese restaurant, Akashi at Tanglin Mall/Shopping centre, the one closer to Orchard Towers. I found that place to have pretty authentic Japanese food. You can see it hidden partly behind the stairs case in front of the building.

FYI Daimaru`s Meidya has a workshop on udon making, have to go down to check the exact times tho.
    Hey TMC,

Thank you so much for the heads up on udon making.

As for Akashi, yeah, I'll head over to check it out.

Cheers!
    WG