Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding Photographers... Do you... ?

Default Re: Wedding Photographers... Do you... ?

Alrite. I guess in the absence of contractual agreement that hi-res images are to be provided, I guess being given images sized for 4R printing isn't wrong.

personally. after cropping, i will resize it back to the best printable size for them la...

4mp after cropping and resize also ok one.. the quality is still good enough for prints. but of course u do not crop away 50% of the image ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Alrite. I guess in the absence of contractual agreement that hi-res images are to be provided, I guess being given images sized for 4R printing isn't wrong.
    all along people are to print 4R album as standard, if want something more than standard, are consider upsizing /upgrading the package, so need to pay more, you have shop your bridal package before, so you know what is this all about.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Wah. By "medium" it becomes very vague leh. heh.
    Hi-res is vague too. 4MP can be hi-res You can also interpolate a 2MP files from a Kodak DCS520 to become 8MP

For myself, I return full-resolution files to the couples, but there are some terms governing the usage of the images. I do specify things like copyrights and they can't use images for commercial/sales purposes.

I give all 4R printables, all at 300dpi.

Back to TS's question: providing a variety of sizes shouldn't be the standard.

yeah if i have to i normally crop it to the same size....but i normally return files that are good for printing from about 4-8R sized.... i doubt they want files that are much bigger than that....slows down viewing

my wedding photographer never crop a single photo and gave me back everything unedited, all same size

I was thus impressed with his photography skills, really frame everything nice nice.

Sorry, didn't quite understand something.
    If I crop the picture, say from 3000:2000 pixels down to 2700:1800, and I print the picture as a 4R photo, what will be the difference? Only quality drop or the photo size is different?

On average, anything with 250-300 dpi, you cant see much difference if you are printing 4R. So if its 2700/300, you are getting 9inches
    Correct me if I'm wrong in my calculations but this is how I have always counted.
    So if you are printing 6x4inches, you just need 1800x1200 pixels

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by valice View Post
    Sorry, didn't quite understand something.
    If I crop the picture, say from 3000:2000 pixels down to 2700:1800, and I print the picture as a 4R photo, what will be the difference? Only quality drop or the photo size is different?
    for 4R print, you only need 1800 by 1200 pixel, any size greater then this, will not see any much different in term of quality, as long your image is in 2:3 ratio, and not smaller the 1800 by 1200, you ask for 4R print, it will printed in 4R size. (some labs will prompt you if your images is not in the right ratio or too small in pixel size for the print you order, however, some labs can't be bother to inform you before print it, cos they think it is your fault)
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12