Thread: How do JC photographic societies compare?

Default How do JC photographic societies compare?

Hi everyone,

I'm from NYJC photographic society, and it's been really fun here. However, I haven't heard much about other
    JC's photographic societies, so anyone here care to share some background info about their JC's PS?

Cheers!

Default Re: How do JC photographic societies compare?

not much ranking in JC photographic societies..most clubs are just about learning the basics and letting students cover events. some clubs with more funds may hold more events like exhibitions, talks, etcetc
    eat. drink. shoot

Well evenstar, i wasn't looking for a "whos first" sort of ranking, i'm just interested in learning more about other jcs style of learning, equipment etc. I'm sorry if my post title has confused you.

icic...IIRC, RJ, TJ are "Nikon" clubs, AJ, VJ are "Canon" clubs.

I was from VJPS, and at the late first half of the year (when everyone has settled down), we bring in an external instructor to teach the year1s the basics of photography and the camera, with outings to practice the things the students learn. Occasionally, we would contact other JC clubs and go for joint outings and conduct a sharing session afterwards. Otherwise, students get to practice their skills by signing up to cover events in school.

Hope this helps to clear some doubts
    eat. drink. shoot

Quite true, here in NY we're a "Canon" club. I would have gone to VJ, but my results CMI. We do have an external instructor with our society now for a basic photography course, and outings are being planned. I certainly hope we can find some accommodating JC to conduct joint outings to share skills experiences, but it'll take awhile to organize
    1D MkIII, 5D MkII 16-200 2.8L, 35L, 50L, 135L
    View my flickr