Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 1006

Thread: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian"

  1. #61

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Yikes.. why so weird 1? No USB CDROM or your housing supports USB, use USB.

    my bios old one... cannot boot from usb also. but my housing hav usb connection also.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    school studio's under table
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    nothing much la... juz my old wound...
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    my bios old one... cannot boot from usb also. but my housing hav usb connection also.
    ... ok i know the feeling

  4. #64

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    ... ok i know the feeling
    sianz..died when I have important event going on. Wed got give tok on photography business, materials all inside the PC.

    DA, what's the buzz on RAID NAS?

    In line with my PC upgrade next year, I'm hoping to upgrade my home network to the ractified wireless-N. The thing is that I'm not sure about the cabled portion of the network. What's the diff between the current ethernet and the gigabit network?
    Last edited by CYRN; 21st May 2007 at 08:16 PM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  5. #65

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    This looks damn cool.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    sianz..died when I have important event going on. Wed got give tok on photography business, materials all inside the PC.

    DA, what's the buzz on RAID NAS?

    In line with my PC upgrade next year, I'm hoping to upgrade my home network to the ractified wireless-N. The thing is that I'm not sure about the cabled portion of the network. What's the diff between the current ethernet and the gigabit network?
    Morale of the story - If it ain't broken - don't fix it.

    RAID NAS? I won't touch those home storage solution. Bottleneck would always be the controller/on-board CPU/RAM. If those are slow its going to severely slow everything down. Another thing is the expandability - this depends on the individual already.

    Wireless N i still won't touch. Period. No point when your PC/laptop isn't N. I'd still go with trusty ethernet. With Cat 5E cabling you can still run gigabit ethernet coupled to a 8 port 3com gigabit switch with jumbo frames support. Think the switch costs < $100. Can't remember.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    This looks damn cool.
    ... Costs a bomb...

    That site has got quite a few interesting items where you can actually buy and build up your own NAS.

    Anyway - my pick - This
    Last edited by dEthANGeL; 21st May 2007 at 08:54 PM.

  8. #68

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Morale of the story - If it ain't broken - don't fix it.

    RAID NAS? I won't touch those home storage solution. Bottleneck would always be the controller/on-board CPU/RAM. If those are slow its going to severely slow everything down. Another thing is the expandability - this depends on the individual already.

    Wireless N i still won't touch. Period. No point when your PC/laptop isn't N. I'd still go with trusty ethernet. With Cat 5E cabling you can still run gigabit ethernet coupled to a 8 port 3com gigabit switch with jumbo frames support. Think the switch costs < $100. Can't remember.

    it's overloaded liao.. need to reload the OS mah. And I prefer CS3 to CS2.

    For N. I see a convergence be intel and the standard. But only will stabilise next year when they bring up to the 5GHz radio band + MIMO. Then I'll swap my network.

    For gigabit, nevermind.. I only need 1 link from the router to the NAS and another link from router to the PC. Not much space in my house to run cables and equipment everywhere. Actually looking for advice for which router to buy to replace my current linksys wireless router.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  9. #69

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    ... Costs a bomb...

    That site has got quite a few interesting items where you can actually buy and build up your own NAS.

    Anyway - my pick - This
    that's a rack leh. I dun hav racks in my house.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    it's overloaded liao.. need to reload the OS mah. And I prefer CS3 to CS2.

    For N. I see a convergence be intel and the standard. But only will stabilise next year when they bring up to the 5GHz radio band + MIMO. Then I'll swap my network.

    For gigabit, nevermind.. I only need 1 link from the router to the NAS and another link from router to the PC. Not much space in my house to run cables and equipment everywhere. Actually looking for advice for which router to buy to replace my current linksys wireless router.
    Lightroom already adobe has made a mess.. CS3 i daren't hop on util they issue fixes to issues.

    Still don't trust wireless networks unless i'm forced to

    If you're using a WRT54G (ver2.x->ver4) or GL leave it alone - upgrade to 3rd party firmware its good enough. Just patch 1 cable to a gigabit switch and you're done. PC/NAS/Laptop everything hook to the gigabit switch.

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    that's a rack leh. I dun hav racks in my house.
    I also don't have... But i've got a 1U sitting in my room

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian


  13. #73

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    that's USD 2.5K per pop.


    Must queue for long long time....1D3 and quad core PC first.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  14. #74

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Lightroom already adobe has made a mess.. CS3 i daren't hop on util they issue fixes to issues.
    It's their first step loh.

    That's why I'm considering Mac + aperture. Windowz Vista is hogging too much resources and it's DRM technology is really a put-off. Furthermore Vista seems to have issues with RAW files.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  15. #75

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post

    If you're using a WRT54G (ver2.x->ver4) or GL leave it alone - upgrade to 3rd party firmware its good enough. Just patch 1 cable to a gigabit switch and you're done. PC/NAS/Laptop everything hook to the gigabit switch.
    So I onli need to get a gigabit switch and route everything through it? That simple?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    So I onli need to get a gigabit switch and route everything through it? That simple?
    Yup...

    Really hope can get the quad at EOY. Got to start saving.

    Think the Mac will definitely be for you if most of the time you work with images.

    I've already gave up on Vista.

  17. #77

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Yup...

    Really hope can get the quad at EOY. Got to start saving.

    Think the Mac will definitely be for you if most of the time you work with images.

    I've already gave up on Vista.
    by then, hav to see how does their new OS matches up wif vista. must keep in mind that a lot of resources was pulled over to iPhone.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  18. #78
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Everyone suddenly so serious?

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Everyone suddenly so serious?

  20. #80

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XVIII - Must learn how to relax and enjoy "sian

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Everyone suddenly so serious?
    wat serious...

    enjoying being sianz.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •