Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S'pore eyes holidaymakers to boost population

wherever i lay my hat...

Default Re: S'pore eyes holidaymakers to boost population

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Australia is also same what.
    There is a difference, we get refugees from everywhere...

Default Re: S'pore eyes holidaymakers to boost population

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Last year I read about this government fully sponsored NUS student from Ch**a. That guy created such a rage amongst other local university students here that in a forum that some Singaporean even asking him to come out personally for a 1 to 1 brawl.

It was in the newspaper, it was quoted that this "foreign talent" said (vaguely, just the points- translated from mandrin):

"...Singapore gov*****nt is really stupid to think that I'll serve this stupid co**try... I'll just go when I got my degree... come get me if you can.. Hell with the bond... And you dumb Sing*****ans always think so highly of yourselves... wait till you see who is more sucessful..."

I'm no intention of inciting anything here but look, this is what you get for embracing the foreign talent propaganda that the house besides Boat Quay wants you to believe.

I personally believe it's more than that as there're strong reasons that all these are politically motivated. If some of you can recall the Trade of Balance concept in Economics.

But buying favours like that from these countries will result the expenses of our people. Which is the greater of the evils? I don't know.

In Aesop's fable of the goose that lays golden eggs, we learn that it better to tend to the goose than to eat it. The citizens of a country are the golden geese and if we do not make all efforts to invest in and nurture them, then we are eating the geese, and soon there will be no more golden eggs. It is the nature of the vultures to leave behind bare bones after a lavish meal.

As the proverb said, "Be careful to tend to the condition of your herd." and in ‘The Historie of Foure-footed Beastes’ (1607) Edward Topsell wrote: ‘If by covetousnesse or negligence, one withdraw from them their ordinary foode, he shall be penny wise, and pound foolish.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123