Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Just some questions...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    "Long Hill" town
    Posts
    132

    Default Just some questions...

    Hi

    Last time I read b4 on advise from some bros on how to shoot a moving object that i will be able to achieve a sharp moving object with blur background. However, I cant rem how to do it and couldn't find the thread anymore...

    I'm currently using S9600. I believe I should set the AF to continuous, Aperature Priorty with the lowest F value as possible to achieve that. Am I right?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Just some questions...

    That a panning shot. You keep your camera moving with the object. You should use shutter priority. Choose the shutter speed corresponding to the panning speed. Try anything below 1/30s. Not enough blur... slow the shutter speed more. Note that if shutter speed is too low, you might have problem to getting the object sharp due to too much shake.

    BC

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    "Long Hill" town
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Just some questions...

    I shld be half press from far and when it's juz in front of me then I fully depress to get the shot? Wondering where and how shld I aim at?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,139

    Default Re: Just some questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by osmond19 View Post
    I shld be half press from far and when it's juz in front of me then I fully depress to get the shot? Wondering where and how shld I aim at?
    you can use manual focusing... pre-focus your lens to your anticipated distance of your subject... once your subject reach the exact location/distance, you shoot w/ panning...

    or use AI-servo.....

    just my 2cents....

  5. #5

    Default Re: Just some questions...

    The word "PANNING" is actually "Follow" the object. When you "follow" the object, you and the object is inline or same speed. This will more or less make the picture sharp or infocus. Hence during the following, the background which is stationary will become moving object. Thats why you will get focus or sharp on your object and blur background....btw, you need some practicse, not all the time is successful.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti View Post
    That a panning shot. You keep your camera moving with the object. You should use shutter priority. Choose the shutter speed corresponding to the panning speed. Try anything below 1/30s. Not enough blur... slow the shutter speed more. Note that if shutter speed is too low, you might have problem to getting the object sharp due to too much shake.

    BC

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    "Long Hill" town
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Just some questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by elmzarcega View Post
    you can use manual focusing... pre-focus your lens to your anticipated distance of your subject... once your subject reach the exact location/distance, you shoot w/ panning...

    or use AI-servo.....

    just my 2cents....
    ok. that means I pre-focus the point that I need to shoot and wait for the to come and it reaches the point I take the shoot?

    Anyway what is AI-servo? I'm using Fujifilm S9600.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,139

    Default Re: Just some questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The word "PANNING" is actually "Follow" the object. When you "follow" the object, you and the object is inline or same speed. This will more or less make the picture sharp or infocus. Hence during the following, the background which is stationary will become moving object. Thats why you will get focus or sharp on your object and blur background....btw, you need some practicse, not all the time is successful.
    yup.. practice and "trial and error" to get the correct timing and shutter speed....

    better start practicing before our own F1 starts...

    enjoy shooting...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,139

    Default Re: Just some questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by osmond19 View Post
    ok. that means I pre-focus the point that I need to shoot and wait for the to come and it reaches the point I take the shoot?

    Anyway what is AI-servo? I'm using Fujifilm S9600.
    oops sorry.. this is for Canon EOS.. Artificial Intelligence Focusing

    Continous focusing... or Sport Mode on some cameras....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •