Thread: Television main switch must off?

Default Television main switch must off?

Since there is a question for computer & aircon main switch, which I find it draws reasonably little current, I like to know about the TV.

Unlike older models of TV that doesn't come with Standby function, modern LCDs are relatively low power guzzlers and since turning it on and off sends a surge of power to the power supply box within the LCD, is it advisable to turn the mains off or leave it on but leaving the TV in standby mode?

Default Re: Television main switch must off?

My TV is on standby mode only. I dun switch off the main.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

off the main switch

IIRC there was an article in the ST letting us know how much electricity our standby appliance is using.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    My TV is on standby mode only. I dun switch off the main.
    Hmm why?

I read from some articles that if switch off TV and computer and dun let them standby or in sleep mode will save S$3-4 per month on electricity.

There is good and bad over switching off the TV completely. Standby mode has some heat dissipating internally to evaporate the moist in case rain and shine;consume minute current. It may hurt your pocket if lightning strike the power supply during standby. Switching off and on after several days of rain with condensation may cause fusing. Suggest turning it off completely before bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Since there is a question for computer & aircon main switch, which I find it draws reasonably little current, I like to know about the TV.

Unlike older models of TV that doesn't come with Standby function, modern LCDs are relatively low power guzzlers and since turning it on and off sends a surge of power to the power supply box within the LCD, is it advisable to turn the mains off or leave it on but leaving the TV in standby mode?

been seeing this kinda topics quite often... i usually off everything... cept fish tank's air supply else the fish will die. on or off doesnt mean your electronic products wont spoilt. lotsa factors like T&C for them mah