Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79

Thread: Annual Leave During Probation

  1. #41

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    Hope my memory still serves me right...

    one is entitled to pro-rated leave during probabtion (that time i checked with MOM)....
    not sure if it's stated in the labour law. You can call MOM to check.

    HTHs.
    It still stands.

    I get 18 days in 1 year - and up to May 2007, my entitlement would be 7.5 days.

    Since Jan until now, I've taken 6 days leave already - all to accompany my wife to NUH for surgery, and staying with her at NUH.

    Now I even offer to take unpaid leave, she said no.

    This is such a **** place - the facade they paint a picture of goodness and gracious spirit, at the back they are in such a mess.

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ang Sua
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    oh dear, sounds very uncompassionate....

  3. #43

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    So sad.
    Better pray for your boss and let God touch her deepest heart.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Quote Originally Posted by photofreek View Post
    So sad.

    Better pray for your boss and let God touch her deepest heart.
    Don't mean to knock it, but she's a Christian - and very pious.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ang Sua
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    is it just her or the company policy?

  6. #46

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    is it just her or the company policy?
    Company has 2 different sets of policies - how does that sound?

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Don't mean to knock it, but she's a Christian - and very pious.
    please lah ! a human is always a human irregardless of what religion, it is work ! not religion..

  8. #48

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Robert, you have 2 real choices and one more sh1tty one.

    Do nothing, submit, suffer and continue being miserable. This is the sh1gtty choice.

    You can leave. Just go man, no point staying.

    Third, orchestrate a palace coup and get her fired, replaced, moved, or whatever, as long as she is no longer your boss?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  9. #49

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Robert, you have 2 real choices and one more sh1tty one.

    Do nothing, submit, suffer and continue being miserable. This is the sh1gtty choice.

    You can leave. Just go man, no point staying.

    Third, orchestrate a palace coup and get her fired, replaced, moved, or whatever, as long as she is no longer your boss?
    We need the job unfortunately - if not I would have quit yesterday.

    I have to try and tolerate for a while, just for the salary until I can find a new job

  10. #50

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Actually, has anyone heard of a 5-year IT Master Plan?

    A bit too far down the road, don't you think?

  11. #51

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Robert, you have 2 real choices and one more sh1tty one.

    Do nothing, submit, suffer and continue being miserable. This is the sh1gtty choice.

    You can leave. Just go man, no point staying.

    Third, orchestrate a palace coup and get her fired, replaced, moved, or whatever, as long as she is no longer your boss?
    A Palace Coup in a corporation usually fails. It takes lots of politics, allegience and even bribery to execute. Not to mention the defects in your team. I'd seen too many, usually the management will go all out to protect the manager and fire an executive or lower. It only makes sense doing so.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    I tell you how IT savvy she is.

    We have a shared folder on the server (call it "Z:\" Drive) where departments have departmental folders. As Administrators, we create the appropriate folders and give the proper access rights.

    When I wanted to develop an intranet for the company, she said "Don't bother, we already have the Z: Drive as our intranet"


  13. #53
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    And what is her designation again? IT Head?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I tell you how IT savvy she is.

    We have a shared folder on the server (call it "Z:\" Drive) where departments have departmental folders. As Administrators, we create the appropriate folders and give the proper access rights.

    When I wanted to develop an intranet for the company, she said "Don't bother, we already have the Z: Drive as our intranet"


  14. #54

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Robert, you have 2 real choices and one more sh1tty one.

    Do nothing, submit, suffer and continue being miserable. This is the sh1gtty choice.

    You can leave. Just go man, no point staying.

    Third, orchestrate a palace coup and get her fired, replaced, moved, or whatever, as long as she is no longer your boss?
    sunzi art of war. know your enemy and know yourself. helps you to deal with people like these.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    sunzi art of war. know your enemy and know yourself. helps you to deal with people like these.
    1 sentence out of the book may cause a out of context interpretation. Our fellow CSer's Army may be doomed.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    And what is her designation again? IT Head?
    Former IT Director. Now at VP level.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Maybe it is time to look around. Maybe can ask for a internal transfer ?

  18. #58

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    No point working for a boss who is not compassionate. You deserve someone better to be your boss. Plan to leave or transfer.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    I guess your luck is out that she's a VP.

    My advice:


  20. #60

    Default Re: Annual Leave During Probation

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    I guess your luck is out that she's a VP.

    My advice:

    You are right.

    No point wasting time trying to help an environment to try and be 'World Class' when they can't differentiate between a shared folder and an intranet, and don't want to listen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •