Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

Sorry for asking. Why would someone buy a 1Dmk3 for use in potraiture and traveling? This camera primary purpose is not designed for these. The 1 series is both heavy and bulky for travelling and using such high speed camera for potraiture is a waste. 5D would be a better choice.

Just my 2 penny thoughts

I think the camera works in any kind of shooting situations, whether it's sports,portraiture,journalism,etc.
    1D Mk III Shooter's Insight

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Sorry for asking. Why would someone buy a 1Dmk3 for use in potraiture and traveling? This camera primary purpose is not designed for these. The 1 series is both heavy and bulky for travelling and using such high speed camera for potraiture is a waste. 5D would be a better choice.

Just my 2 penny thoughts
    too much $ dono where to spend

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    thanks for the inputs again guys.

i like
    aperture of 2.8.
    so 3.5-6.3 or whatever is out.

i like zoom, but i dont really like extreme zooms like 35-300.i dont believe in optical quality of these lenses.(i maybe wrong, and it maybe psychological, but that's me lor )

another thing i've come to realised that no flash comes close to studio strobes.
    it maybe the size thing but after i've use studio flashes, i really wouldnt even want to think of using my sb800.
    yes, no doubt these camera flashes can do up to (x) number of burst per frame but they cant really fit light modifiers, and they really aint powerful enough for my purpose.
    and spending so much on a few(maybe 5?) to shoot studio is kind of...err...i also dunno how to put it nicely.
    so it's studio strobes for me for sure.maybe i'll get better strobes but again, i have to ask myself how often i shoot dance and TKD.

question:

any short zoom 28-105 or 150 or 180 that are white in color please?
    There's no short zoom from Canon thats white,, but you can get white lenses (gray actually) from Nikon in those focal lengths.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456