Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    thanks for all the suggestions.i'll think it over during the weekends.

you know what i worry most?
    after i buy, then nikon comes out with a FFDSLR.

i will hang.
    Tell you what... if I see you in a restaurant with the 1D Mk3, I'll go over and say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    IMO, if you are more interested in portraits & travelling, the Canon 5D would be a better choice. At least you'll get FF, great for portraits, and it is smaller and lighter than both 1DMK3 and 1DsMK2, easier to carry around when travelling.

I thought you once wanted to get a 5D??
    yes, but 5D has been out for so long, and i wanted something new.
    also, i didnt really like 5D's design.

there's something i didnt like about 5D too but i've forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    Canon do not come with the LCD pannel for all model cos I don't think there is a real need for it. Tried the camera yesterday...the -1EV AF ability and 10FPS is something to die for. Ability to adjust back and front focusing yourself is also something very good.

If can only buy one lens...it will have to be the 24-70 F2.8L !!! I was using the 5D for a while...but in the end still cannot resist the curves of the 1 series!! So end up getting the 1D2 for now.

With 10FPS, your floating and dancing shots will not be a problem. You will capture twice as much frames as compared to your D200. The shutter life for 1D3 is 300K You can shoot 1000 frames a day for the whole year! (Excluding weekends)
    my dear, even d200 at 5 frames per sec i also cant use to shoot dance or taekwondo.

why?
    my strobes wont recharge fast enough!!!

can you elaborate more on the front and back focusing?

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Tell you what... if I see you in a restaurant with the 1D Mk3, I'll go over and say hi.
    chey, such discrimination.
    why?

d200 beri su seh is it?

my dear, even d200 at 5 frames per sec i also cant use to shoot dance or taekwondo.

why?

there's this function called the micro adjustment.

read back focus adjustment.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...II-Field.shtml

i think it's pretty cool!

chey, such discrimination.
    why?

d200 beri su seh is it?
    No lah... ok, next time I see the D200, I will go over and sayang it also. K?

Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    there's this function called the micro adjustment.

read back focus adjustment.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...II-Field.shtml

i think it's pretty cool!
    OMG.i always hear of this backfocus word but i never really thought it was important.!

i wonder if my lenses will have this BF problem with my d200.

the 2 lens you mentioned.what color are they?both black?got white?

the 24-70 sounds good.

btw, the crop factor is 1.3x?so 24mm equates to about 31.2mm?
    you seem to like the big Canon 1D and big white lens look and want to replace your 18-200mm Nikkor with a single lens. So maybe you can consider this lens [Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM]. you'll only get cross focus AF with the center most AF point on the 1Dm3 as all other points default to non-cross AF on lenses with aperture greater than F2.8. I think optically, its probably the best wide to telephoto superzoom on the market. The 35mm equiv focal length on 1Dm3 should be, 36mm-390mm. The lens has a collar that can adjust the looseness of the push-pull zoom, so you won't get lens creep.

Cons:
    is the weight: 1.67kg lens + 1D (1.3kg) = 2.97kg
    (yikes, can you imagine that weight on your back).
    and the price:
    Canon official price, SGD4890

Some links:
    http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home...5-5.6L_IS_USM/
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...rt=7&thecat=27
    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ns-Review.aspx
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...n-28-300.shtml

thanks for all the suggestions.i'll think it over during the weekends.

you know what i worry most?
    after i buy, then nikon comes out with a FFDSLR.

i will hang.
    Rumor has it Nikon's next flagship will be a 1.25x crop, and not too far off.

I was in the hunt for a 1D Mark III as well, but got the 5D instead as it suits my needs better (i.e., portraiture, travel).

My recommendation is to first try out the 5D with a EF 24-70mm f/2.8L lens, and if possible the 70-200mm f/2.8L. For the type of work you do, these lenses will literally rock your world on 5D's full frame sensor.

But then again, 1D Mark III will seduce you outright with:
    * 10fps
    * ISO 50-6400
    * 14 bit images
    * Live View
    and the list goes on...

if i only intend to get 1 lens, what do you guys suggest i buy?

purpose:travelling, portraiture.
    ef50mm f1.8
    always the Light, .... always.

why?

get 8x 580EX M2.....sure can take over the strobes...1DM3 is Canon's answers to the pro photographer's dream. I think Canon has almost address all the needs put up by them. If you have the cash go for it. Played with it yeaterday when my uncle gets it. It is really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Rumor has it Nikon's next flagship will be a 1.25x crop, and not too far off.

I was in the hunt for a 1D Mark III as well, but got the 5D instead as it suits my needs better (i.e., portraiture, travel).

My recommendation is to first try out the 5D with a EF 24-70mm f/2.8L lens, and if possible the 70-200mm f/2.8L. For the type of work you do, these lenses will literally rock your world on 5D's full frame sensor.

But then again, 1D Mark III will seduce you outright with:
    * 10fps
    * ISO 50-6400
    * 14 bit images
    * Live View
    and the list goes on...
    was wondering, does she really know/care what 1D MK3 can offer (features)
    up to now, all i know is that she wants it is because of the 'curve'

oh yah forget, she dont like to know abt the tech stuff. so no point telling her the features.

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    was wondering, does she really know/care what 1D MK3 can offer (features)
    up to now, all i know is that she wants it is because of the 'curve'

oh yah forget, she dont like to know abt the tech stuff. so no point telling her the features.
    I admit the curves of the 1D is really irresistable! I fell for it....it is like how man fall for a curvy woman!

get 8x 580EX M2.....sure can take over the strobes...1DM3 is Canon's answers to the pro photographer's dream. I think Canon has almost address all the needs put up by them. If you have the cash go for it.
    so elinchrome, profoto, bowens can all close shop... and Hassey, Phase One and Mamiya... ... its an excitingly new good camera and flash but surely it has a targeted purpose and not meant to sweep all catagories aside...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    so elinchrome, profoto, bowens can all close shop... and Hassey, Phase One and Mamiya... ... its an excitingly new good camera and flash but surely it has a targeted purpose and not meant to sweep all catagories aside...
    I know some pro photographers are moving from MF to 1DM3 liao....if 1DsM3 comes with 22MP, more MF shooter will move over cos it will be much cheaper. I am sure there will still be some die hard MF worshippers.

I know some pro photographers are moving from MF to 1DM3 liao....if 1DsM3 comes with 22MP, more MF shooter will move over cos it will be much cheaper. I am sure there will still be some die hard MF worshippers.
    Actually it's to the 1Ds Mk II, like Annie Leibovitz. MF users are spoilt by the large viewfinder and high resolution, which only the 1Ds Mk II addresses, even now.

The 1D Mark III, regardless of its 14 bit image depth and extended highlight resolving power, is still targeted squarely for worshipers of speed (photojournalists, sports shooters, wildlife shooters). Of course, there's no stopping the studio/portrait/fashion pro from buying one out of curiosity, but I would highly doubt his fellow pro competitor using the 1Ds Mark II would lose any sleep over it

thanks for the inputs again guys.

i like
    aperture of 2.8.
    so 3.5-6.3 or whatever is out.

i like zoom, but i dont really like extreme zooms like 35-300.i dont believe in optical quality of these lenses.(i maybe wrong, and it maybe psychological, but that's me lor )

another thing i've come to realised that no flash comes close to studio strobes.
    it maybe the size thing but after i've use studio flashes, i really wouldnt even want to think of using my sb800.
    yes, no doubt these camera flashes can do up to (x) number of burst per frame but they cant really fit light modifiers, and they really aint powerful enough for my purpose.
    and spending so much on a few(maybe 5?) to shoot studio is kind of...err...i also dunno how to put it nicely.
    so it's studio strobes for me for sure.maybe i'll get better strobes but again, i have to ask myself how often i shoot dance and TKD.

question:

any short zoom 28-105 or 150 or 180 that are white in color please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Actually it's to the 1Ds Mk II, like Annie Leibovitz. MF users are spoilt by the large viewfinder and high resolution, which only the 1Ds Mk II addresses, even now.

The 1D Mark III, regardless of its 14 bit image depth and extended highlight resolving power, is still targeted squarely for worshipers of speed (photojournalists, sports shooters, wildlife shooters). Of course, there's no stopping the studio/portrait/fashion pro from buying one out of curiosity, but I would highly doubt his fellow pro competitor using the 1Ds Mark II would lose any sleep over it
    Agreed, it is the potential 1Ds III that would be a challenge to MF digital... there are agencies (C_____ and G____ come to mind) that require 50MB 16MP and up images... but like the "1.5 crop" vs. "Full Frame 35mm" arguement goes, for MF "once you've seen the size of the viewfinder you won't turn back", "you have more control over depth of field", "larger photo sensor size", etc... then again there are also those who don't have prob with "1.5 crop" cameras either, just use what gives one good results and to make full use of what one has before even questioning the need to broaden horizons...

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    oops... yeah... nikon is 1.5x... but you get the idea.

For traveling, you already got D200 + 18-200. Do you still wan to lug a 1D3 around? Mabbe use it exclusively for low light shots In tis case, get 50 1.2L.

for 2.8, no choice, only 24-70.
    For travelling, I bring my D70 + 18-70kit lens plus a Tm28-200. This combo is real light and easy on me. Important thing is that I am not so worried to get robbed or stolen. My heavier stuff stay at home.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Jeanie...

If you have not learnt by now, just buy what you want and stop asking people here what should you buy.

We all know that you want the Mark III so why hesitate?

Just BUY BUY BUY!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast