Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104

Thread: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

  1. #41

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i want quiet and fast focusing lens.preferably 2.8.
    so tamron, sigma are out.
    kind of 'silly' to get aftermarket lenses when you get the mark3 if you ask me.
    (dont flame me.personal opinion only).

    nothing silly about it.. perhaps its not surprising in the local context.. where its all about having the biggest and best and most expensive..

    but if you go to overseas forums like fredmiranda, lots of people with high end bodies still use 3rd party lenses.. at least the really good ones.. because if you dont need the quietness or speed as i mentioned, a third party lens can be a very sensible decision.

    dont think this makes any difference to you tho... anyway its ur money to spend after all.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    fov is field of view?
    really that much diff?
    DEFINITELY those who have been using 1.6x/1.5x crop ... look through a the VF of 1.3x or full frame ... all goes

    Seen it countless times

    The expression - Priceless.

  3. #43

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    IMHO, I'd get the 1DMkIII + 16-35MkII + 24-70L / 24-105L.
    That should be enough for walkabout + Portraiture

  4. #44

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    that's what i remembered too.i only had the impression canon long lenses are white.

    the rest (short range) are black.
    My mistake. Of course you are right. Obviously, I don't own one. I just play with my brother's from time to time... and they are all gafferred. :P

  5. #45

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Tsk... It's not the price dah... It's the weight. She's a girl you know?
    sure a not

  6. #46

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    DEFINITELY those who have been using 1.6x/1.5x crop ... look through a the VF of 1.3x or full frame ... all goes

    Seen it countless times

    The expression - Priceless.
    i really dont think i'll be awed by it.

    maybe i prob wont even see the difference.

  7. #47

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by chewraisins View Post
    IMHO, I'd get the 1DMkIII + 16-35MkII + 24-70L / 24-105L.
    That should be enough for walkabout + Portraiture
    i think anything from 24mm to mid zoom like 105's good.
    thanks for suggestion

  8. #48

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    My mistake. Of course you are right. Obviously, I don't own one. I just play with my brother's from time to time... and they are all gafferred. :P
    canon should make all their lenses white.

  9. #49

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    dont be so hen-pecked lah.
    if there's mutual trust between the 2 of you, i'm sure she wouldnt even mind if we had a greeting hug.
    no?
    I also say...
    But unfortunately for me, the answer is no...

  10. #50

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    I also say...
    But unfortunately for me, the answer is no...
    oh well, look at it as something good.she's possesive towards you...which means she loves you.
    no?
    ok ok

  11. #51

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    canon should make all their lenses white.
    Actually, I like them black. I always ask why they don't make 2 colours. White is so glaring... you can see them from a mile away. No good for photojournalism.

  12. #52

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    oh well, look at it as something good.she's possesive towards you...which means she loves you.
    no?
    ok ok
    Yah... that's true.

  13. #53

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Actually, I like them black. I always ask why they don't make 2 colours. White is so glaring... you can see them from a mile away. No good for photojournalism.

    how subtle can it get when you're holding a mk3?
    i reckon white/black, equally as eye catching.

    it's really a very nice camera.

  14. #54

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    it's very hard for me to resist those curves.

    if i only intend to get 1 lens, what do you guys suggest i buy?

    purpose:travelling, portraiture.
    I dun tink u wan to bring this for traveling, especially when you restrict yourself to only 1 lens.

    24-105 if you dun mind f4 (good for studio tho)

    24-70 if you wan f2.8

    16-35 II if you wan WA


    Why not look at your Nikon setup and check what is the equalivilent FL (note 1.6x) you use mostly for traveling and portraiture and get the similar range for 1.3x.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    I'd still say 16-35 II

  16. #56

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I dun tink u wan to bring this for traveling, especially when you restrict yourself to only 1 lens.

    24-105 if you dun mind f4 (good for studio tho)

    24-70 if you wan f2.8

    16-35 II if you wan WA


    Why not look at your Nikon setup and check what is the equalivilent FL (note 1.6x) you use mostly for traveling and portraiture and get the similar range for 1.3x.
    for travelling due to weight issues, i usually just bring my 18-200, and maybe my 70-300 vr for the extra zoom to capture people's expressions.

    why 1.6x?please explain.i tot d200 is 1.5?

    24-105 sure sounds good.but was hoping there's 2.8

  17. #57

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    I'd still say 16-35 II
    i've 17-35 nikon and i find this quite inflexible.not enough zoom to go with.especially for travelling.

  18. #58

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    how subtle can it get when you're holding a mk3?
    i reckon white/black, equally as eye catching.

    it's really a very nice camera.
    Well... if you are taking pictures in sunny Singapore, then subtlety is not that important. But my brother goes to these places mah...

    http://www.normanng.com/

    So must gaffer lor... also for protection against the elements lah. My camera and lenses are not gaffered at all, because I only go to nice places for holiday.

    I think if you don't buy the camera, you are going to get sleepless nights.

  19. #59

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    for travelling due to weight issues, i usually just bring my 18-200, and maybe my 70-300 vr for the extra zoom to capture people's expressions.

    why 1.6x?please explain.i tot d200 is 1.5?

    24-105 sure sounds good.but was hoping there's 2.8
    oops... yeah... nikon is 1.5x... but you get the idea.

    For traveling, you already got D200 + 18-200. Do you still wan to lug a 1D3 around? Mabbe use it exclusively for low light shots In tis case, get 50 1.2L.

    for 2.8, no choice, only 24-70.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  20. #60

    Default Re: new canon eos 1d mk3 or dunno what lah

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    oops... yeah... nikon is 1.5x... but you get the idea.

    For traveling, you already got D200 + 18-200. Do you still wan to lug a 1D3 around? Mabbe use it exclusively for low light shots In tis case, get 50 1.2L.

    for 2.8, no choice, only 24-70.
    er...u got me wrong.

    if i get the mk3, i'll just bring the mark 3 only.
    i wont bring 2 bricks for travelling.
    it's insane!

    sorry for not making myself clear.

    now my d200 just spanked me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •