Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    I am planning to buy a pair of leather boots for my wife. But still dunno which is better and more comfortable to wear for causal walking and traveling.
    I myself owned a pair of Redwings find it very comfortable and best thing is even the sole can be replaced..can the Timberland ones be replaced too?
    But some spots are coming out from my Redwings boots...


  2. #2

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    I think it still looks good. I think if you use brown Kiwi on it, the spots will go away in time.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    I think it still looks good. I think if you use brown Kiwi on it, the spots will go away in time.
    Looks good meh? I think from the pics you can't see the spots clearly lo...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    Looks good meh? I think from the pics you can't see the spots clearly lo...
    This kind of shoes must look a bit rugged then got 'seh' mah...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    There's an old saying that if you buy shoes for your loved ones, they will run away....

    touch wood for u la...its just an old saying.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,812

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    I am planning to buy a pair of leather boots for my wife. But still dunno which is better and more comfortable to wear for causal walking and traveling.
    I myself owned a pair of Redwings find it very comfortable and best thing is even the sole can be replaced..can the Timberland ones be replaced too?
    But some spots are coming out from my Redwings boots...

    u need kiwi for such shoes... ! Redwings is much much better.. i find Timerland quality is not so strong as before.. it is becoming more like Hush Puppies type...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    west side!
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    owned and wore both previously
    found the redwing one quite hard to break in, not so comfy
    timberland more comfy but easier to spoil.

    think the best is bring ur wife go down and test test both.
    her feet will have their own opinion.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    Quote Originally Posted by tribal.snake View Post
    owned and wore both previously
    found the redwing one quite hard to break in, not so comfy
    timberland more comfy but easier to spoil.

    think the best is bring ur wife go down and test test both.
    her feet will have their own opinion.
    True! Redwings one took very long time to break in..haha..almost 2 mths for my pair!
    I had never tried Timberland but I found their boots very nice!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    There's an old saying that if you buy shoes for your loved ones, they will run away....

    touch wood for u la...its just an old saying.
    Then I ask her to buy herself liao!
    Save my mon-nee!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    sorry to say this, but timberlands are fashion boots with a nod to outdoor pursuits.. not what i would choose if i had to do hardcore walking.

    also, for proper walking, few people use leather these days... the weight and water breathing ability arent fantastic compared to the goretex or similar hiking boots that you can get.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    you can get goretex from e-mart.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    west side!
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdredd View Post
    sorry to say this, but timberlands are fashion boots with a nod to outdoor pursuits.. not what i would choose if i had to do hardcore walking.

    also, for proper walking, few people use leather these days... the weight and water breathing ability arent fantastic compared to the goretex or similar hiking boots that you can get.
    i beg to differ on ur point.

    agree that timberland are now catering to the public, quality is suffering. but they do still have good stuff around

    for proper walking, timberland 6" boots are widely recommended for urban travel. goretex is overrate for boots, they will still get wet. a good pair of boots must be rugged enough and strong enough to support the ankles for range walking. most synthetic leather boots these days tear so easily after a few hikes.

    think of this. remember our old combat boots? multi-tasking hard as nail boots, made of good leather. waterproof (to a certain extent) and comfortable for all stuff, even 100km route marches. compared to the gore-tex boots the army is supplying now.. heck i killed one just last week.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    Quote Originally Posted by tribal.snake View Post
    i beg to differ on ur point.

    agree that timberland are now catering to the public, quality is suffering. but they do still have good stuff around

    for proper walking, timberland 6" boots are widely recommended for urban travel. goretex is overrate for boots, they will still get wet. a good pair of boots must be rugged enough and strong enough to support the ankles for range walking. most synthetic leather boots these days tear so easily after a few hikes.

    think of this. remember our old combat boots? multi-tasking hard as nail boots, made of good leather. waterproof (to a certain extent) and comfortable for all stuff, even 100km route marches. compared to the gore-tex boots the army is supplying now.. heck i killed one just last week.
    that is why I am still keeping my old army boots! indestructible!!!!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,761

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    There's an old saying that if you buy shoes for your loved ones, they will run away....

    touch wood for u la...its just an old saying.
    Just ask her give you $1 or something lor. In a way she "buy" it from you mah

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    The new army boots are not tough lo ...too soft liao la...many injured their ankle lo!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

    Consider boots from BATA?
    Cheap cheap and quality is ok for its price.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •