Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: how is FX01?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Facing the little Island Ubin
    Posts
    404

    Default how is FX01?

    how is FX01?
    any user and comments?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    789

    Default Re: how is FX01?

    I am quite happy with it after 1000+ shots in 9 months. 28mm is good, battery life very good, colour at default clean and saturated, flash sucks.

    Noise and picture quality as expected for such a small camera - decent shots. I am trying to print a 20 x 16" from a shot I took in Feb. Have not got the time yet. At 100%, looks "grainy" or noisy as it is now known.

    Not bad for a $500+ camera. If you can get it cheaper, even better.

  3. #3

    Default Re: how is FX01?

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    I am quite happy with it after 1000+ shots in 9 months. 28mm is good, battery life very good, colour at default clean and saturated, flash sucks.

    Noise and picture quality as expected for such a small camera - decent shots. I am trying to print a 20 x 16" from a shot I took in Feb. Have not got the time yet. At 100%, looks "grainy" or noisy as it is now known.

    Not bad for a $500+ camera. If you can get it cheaper, even better.
    hi ziggy,

    previously i was also a Lumix user.... however, i am quite un-satisfy with Panasonic flash performance leh.... everything i tried to take a photo with flash "on" within a low lighted surrounding, the pic quality usually turns out to be lousy, dark background etc..... i guess Panasonic flash is rather "weak", is it?

    I intend to get a handy camera like FX 01, however still hesitating.... Do you face this problem with FX 01?

    presently, ms color is selling FX 01 at S$399 only....

    i am actually quite impressed with FX 01 being such a small camera and yet carries so much functions (28mm wide len, Mega O.I.S., I.ISO, etc etc).

  4. #4

    Default Re: how is FX01?

    Panasonic cameras are known for their high noise level at iso of 200 and above.
    Excellent camera taking outdoor day shots though. Nice and sharp.
    If you take more indoor shots, better to get a fuji.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: how is FX01?

    Quote Originally Posted by genegoh View Post
    Panasonic cameras are known for their high noise level at iso of 200 and above.
    Excellent camera taking outdoor day shots though. Nice and sharp.
    If you take more indoor shots, better to get a fuji.
    I think that would depends alot on what subject you are talking, for static, they are almost the same as the lumix compensate the ISO with OIS. For moving subject, no doubt fuji is stronger in this aspect.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    32

    Question Wtb: Fx-01

    hi,

    My fren has this & I've tried using it. I was really stunned by the clarity of the video (at least when indoors). It's almost the clearest video among the 8 compacts/prosumers I've ever tried using before! I have a question tho, izzit due to the 30fps @ 640x480pixels or what caused it to be so clear? Why aren't other cams as clear as this? Do u all agree it's the best in video? I may buy it for it's video quality.

    As for it's I.ISO, I'm quite disappointed with its blur-stopping feature. It was unable to give a clear picture after 3 tries with my arms rested on the table at 0x zoom, in a normally fluorescent-lit HDB flat.



    My 3rd try ...



    Gave up hope ... How it's like with flash ...
    zackq.deviantart.com
    Zack-Q :)

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    westeries...
    Posts
    920

    Default Re: how is FX01?

    Quote Originally Posted by genegoh View Post
    Panasonic cameras are known for their high noise level at iso of 200 and above.
    Excellent camera taking outdoor day shots though. Nice and sharp.
    If you take more indoor shots, better to get a fuji.
    this is a great camera for the outdoors..

    i give it a thumbs up because i'm using it!

    the battery life is great..
    and i paid $599 just a year ago (in june)
    so it's a good buy..

    genegoh was right about the high noise level.. but it's only for indoors shots...
    out door shots are great..

  8. #8

    Default Re: how is FX01?

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    I think that would depends alot on what subject you are talking, for static, they are almost the same as the lumix compensate the ISO with OIS. For moving subject, no doubt fuji is stronger in this aspect.
    Well, if you wish to take candid shots and shots of kids indoors, the OIS doesn't help very much. I had a FZ30 then a LX1... so I know...

    Agree with ExplorerZ that it depends on the subject.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Wtb: Fx-01

    Quote Originally Posted by Zack-Q View Post
    hi,

    My fren has this & I've tried using it. I was really stunned by the clarity of the video (at least when indoors). It's almost the clearest video among the 8 compacts/prosumers I've ever tried using before! I have a question tho, izzit due to the 30fps @ 640x480pixels or what caused it to be so clear? Why aren't other cams as clear as this? Do u all agree it's the best in video? I may buy it for it's video quality.

    As for it's I.ISO, I'm quite disappointed with its blur-stopping feature. It was unable to give a clear picture after 3 tries with my arms rested on the table at 0x zoom, in a normally fluorescent-lit HDB flat.



    My 3rd try ...



    Gave up hope ... How it's like with flash ...
    what setting did you use?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Clementi West
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: how is FX01?

    Quote Originally Posted by pker88 View Post
    how is FX01?
    any user and comments?
    Some pics taken at taman negara 2 weeks ago.
    Robust camera with good wide angle lens.
    Now i want to get the 12mp FX-100...

    http://www.pbase.com/jerrylim/taman_negara

  11. #11

    Default Re: how is FX01?

    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Some pics taken at taman negara 2 weeks ago.
    Robust camera with good wide angle lens.
    Now i want to get the 12mp FX-100...

    http://www.pbase.com/jerrylim/taman_negara

    wow, nice shots man....

    i like the nite or low lighting shots (tn000 and tn032)... i never expect fx01 can give this kind of nice shots under low light condition....

    if you can include the setting too, then it will be great...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •