Thread: backpacks

Default backpacks

Hey guys, i'm currently using a lowepro EX180 for my camera + kitlens + telephoto lens..

I put the bag into my normal package and leave my tripod in it too, as the sling strap for the Ex180 is too short for me, and using a backpack is much more convinient.

The thing is this, is it's quite troublesome accessing my stuffs and changing lens could be a pain.

Any recommendation for big backpacks that will allow me to put a body, telephotol lens and around 2-3 more lens as well as a tripod..

Will be looking at those big ones, as I dont look nice carry small backpacks

Thanks..

Default Re: backpacks

Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    Hey guys, i'm currently using a lowepro EX180 for my camera + kitlens + telephoto lens..

I put the bag into my normal package and leave my tripod in it too, as the sling strap for the Ex180 is too short for me, and using a backpack is much more convinient.

The thing is this, is it's quite troublesome accessing my stuffs and changing lens could be a pain.

Any recommendation for big backpacks that will allow me to put a body, telephotol lens and around 2-3 more lens as well as a tripod..

Will be looking at those big ones, as I dont look nice carry small backpacks

Thanks..
    Rover AW?

Just bought a bagman one from Suntec City. Some may say that it's an 'imitation' to the Crumpler, but I like the design as it does not look like a camera bag and it's good for travel.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

how big do you need?
    - Lowepro MicroTrekker 100/200, MiniTrekker Classic/AW, Rover AW
    - Crumpler KeyStone, Whiskey and Cox, Karachi Outpost
    small to medium to large

try a kata... great design.. and definitely comfortable... a little ex though..
    www.kata-bags.com
    Canon EOS 30D w/ grip 580EX, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, EF-S 10-22mm
    :bsmilie:

Airport Antidote for the win.
    i have one myself.if u r looking for big backpack,this is it.can easily put my 70-200 vr f2.8 in with space to spare.front can put a 15" laptop.side can put a tripod.
    http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_pr...ArprtAntdt.php
    Last edited by syc77; 16th May 2007 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Just bought a bagman one from Suntec City. Some may say that it's an 'imitation' to the Crumpler, but I like the design as it does not look like a camera bag and it's good for travel.

Hi,
    If you don't mind, can you tell where did you buy the bagman bag in Suntec ? I am looking for a simple backpack too - but a big one
    Thanks.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

thanks for the recommendation.. guess i'll take a look at the lowepro Rover II AW..
    Fits my budget too..

hmm.. if i were to look for something that can put a 15" notebook.. what do u guys recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Hi,
    If you don't mind, can you tell where did you buy the bagman bag in Suntec ? I am looking for a simple backpack too - but a big one
    Thanks.
    Sure, this is a big backpack that can hold a laptop and some lenses with 1 or 2 bodies. best of all, the compartment that holds your camera & lenses can be detached and it becomes a normal backpack. The shops's name is Digital Point. It's around the 'This Fashion' shop which is next to Carrefour. RRP of the bag is $99 but you can get at a lower price from that shop. As it's a small shop, the quantity is pretty limited. Do ask the guy to make an order for you if they do not have the colour you want. The colours available for the bag are yellow/orange, light blue, green, pink (I think) and brown.

Sure, this is a big backpack that can hold a laptop and some lenses with 1 or 2 bodies. best of all, the compartment that holds your camera & lenses can be detached and it becomes a normal backpack. The shops's name is Digital Point. It's around the 'This Fashion' shop which is next to Carrefour. RRP of the bag is $99 but you can get at a lower price from that shop. As it's a small shop, the quantity is pretty limited. Do ask the guy to make an order for you if they do not have the colour you want. The colours available for the bag are yellow/orange, light blue, green, pink (I think) and brown.

thanks, will take a look later.
    i was going through the threads and found that there's a shop in Sim Lim that sells them as well.
    Cheers
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    thanks, will take a look later.
    i was going through the threads and found that there's a shop in Sim Lim that sells them as well.
    Cheers
    No worries. Is the shop Orient Photo? I saw the bag there too.

Bagman is an Australian brand aka Caseman in Europe.

Here is their comprehensive catalogue.
    They sure are making a statement against their rival company bearing a similar logo.

hmm any idea how much is the bagman Snapshot Trekka selling in singapore?

That's the one I bought yesterday from Suntec. RRP is $99 but you can get a better price from Digital Point and Orient Photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelfin View Post
    try a kata... great design.. and definitely comfortable... a little ex though..
    www.kata-bags.com
    where can i find in retail outlets beside going to the distributor?
    PM me if U Want Asst Wedding Photographer
    http://totoro17.multiply.com http://chinhaven.tripod.com

That's the one I bought yesterday from Suntec. RRP is $99 but you can get a better price from Digital Point and Orient Photo.
    oh the same one? haha.. okie wil go OP to take a look since they have the lowepro Rover II AW too..

Thanks..

hmm besides the lowepro, what other bags can carry a tripod?

anybody know where to go to get thinktank photo stuff? i'm interested in getting their digital holster 40

Quote Originally Posted by tenglw86 View Post
    anybody know where to go to get thinktank photo stuff? i'm interested in getting their digital holster 40
    sadly,none of the local shops r selling it....yet.
    u have to go online.
    but the items r worth it.