View Poll Results: What action should the HC Student face?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forgive and forget. Afterall, he's just a kid acting on impulse.

9 5.39%
  • Send him for counselling and then for 40hrs of community service.

46 27.54%
  • Give him school caning and dismiss him from HC - At least he doesn't get a criminal record.

32 19.16%
  • Treat him as an adult and press criminal charges. Let the Courts decide what to do with him.

71 42.51%
  • None of the above - cos it won't make a difference to his attitude.

5 2.99%
  • None of the above - List your action in the Thread

4 2.40%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Thread: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

Default Re: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

Pls sign the petition below:-

http://www.petitiononline.com/HCP001/petition.html

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    Pls sign the petition below:-

http://www.petitiononline.com/HCP001/petition.html

Thank you!

What is the purpose of it ?

The incident is over already. There is no need for a petition.

I think we are all holding the gravity (of weight) in this incident, when many have move on.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    What is the purpose of it ?

The incident is over already. There is no need for a petition.

I think we are all holding the gravity (of weight) in this incident, when many have move on.
    It's over, but believe me, this in future will keep happen again and again...the Principal of the school and the kid dun realize that punching people is wrong. Would you want your kid to study in so-called "elite" school where their hooligan actions and behavior are worse than those those is in so-called neighborhood school? Think again carefully, contemplate on it...and decide it yourself!

I just learnt from a friend saying that hitting a public servant (the bus driver) is a seizable offence and will be charged in court under Penal Code "???".?

is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    I just learnt from a friend saying that hitting a public servant (the bus driver) is a seizable offence and will be charged in court under Penal Code "???".?

is this true?
    Er, hitting anyone is an offense what.. =D

vince123123
    Guests

I do not believe that a bus driver qualifies as a public servant.

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post

is this true?

Penal Code:

225. Assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty
    Whoever assaults or uses criminal force to any person being a public servant in the execution of his duty as such public servant or with intent to prevent or deter that person from discharging his duty as such public servant or in consequence of anything done or attempted to be done by such person in the lawful discharge of his duty as such public servant shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years or with fine or with both.

Voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty.
    332. Whoever voluntarily causes hurt to any person being a public servant in the discharge of his duty as such public servant, or with intent to prevent or deter that person or any other public servant from discharging his duty as such public servant, or in consequence of anything done or attempted to be done by that person in the lawful discharge of his duty as such public servant, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 5 years, or with fine, or with caning, or with any two of such punishments.

Voluntarily causing grievous hurt to deter public servant from his duty.
    333. Whoever voluntarily causes grievous hurt to any person being a public servant in the discharge of his duty as such public servant, or with intent to prevent or deter that person or any other public servant from discharging his duty as such public servant, or in consequence of anything done or attempted to be done by that person in the lawful discharge of his duty as such public servant, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 10 years, and shall also be liable to fine or to caning.
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 18th May 2007 at 12:33 AM.

Actually just being curious with 2 threads about this incident and tons of pages. Anyone here actually saw what happened? Dont talk about the TNP report, anyone saw what happened?? No right I believe? If no then I find it damn funny why everyone wants the boy dead..... hello we all were young once, and who on earth knows what really happened??

There is a taxi driver who ran over an idiot who ran in front of his cab, there is a man who punched a lady who was looking at his kitten, there is a doctor who had to go for plastic surgery after being beaten the living daylights of by 6 men. And the tons of road rage and what have you..... why not flog the living daylights of them too?

What about greater injustice like 2 NKF directors getting convicted and given a sentence of NEGLIGENCE as opposed to CORRUPTION and fined a measly SGD 5000.00

What about Mr Durai being granted bail and allowed to travel overseas and incidentally where is he now?? The case seems to have closed with no news of him or his verdict?

What about the old people that the govt refuse to give more assistance to? Claiming it will erode their work ethics?

and many many more? Instead pick on a young boy..... oh please grow up.

And also how many of you here have been in fights? I have and I am not afraid to say I did. The moral of the story. let one who is sinless cast the first stone. If not then just live and let live. And frankly the petition is a lamer, loser, nothing better to do thing... oh please grow up.....

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    Actually just being curious with 2 threads about this incident and tons of pages. Anyone here actually saw what happened? Dont talk about the TNP report, anyone saw what happened?? No right I believe? If no then I find it damn funny why everyone wants the boy dead..... hello we all were young once, and who on earth knows what really happened??

There is a taxi driver who ran over an idiot who ran in front of his cab, there is a man who punched a lady who was looking at his kitten, there is a doctor who had to go for plastic surgery after being beaten the living daylights of by 6 men. And the tons of road rage and what have you..... why not flog the living daylights of them too?

What about greater injustice like 2 NKF directors getting convicted and given a sentence of NEGLIGENCE as opposed to CORRUPTION and fined a measly SGD 5000.00

What about Mr Durai being granted bail and allowed to travel overseas and incidentally where is he now?? The case seems to have closed with no news of him or his verdict?

What about the old people that the govt refuse to give more assistance to? Claiming it will erode their work ethics?

and many many more? Instead pick on a young boy..... oh please grow up.

I have to agree

And also how many of you here have been in fights? I have and I am not afraid to say I did. The moral of the story. let one who is sinless cast the first stone. If not then just live and let live. And frankly the petition is a lamer, loser, nothing better to do thing... oh please grow up.....
    you guys are damn unforgiving man. Some kid punches a bus driver and without even knowing the exact details of what happened you guys want to crucify him.

I know I've done alot of stupid things in my life, and I feel that everyone deserves a chance to explain themselves. He's a kid! throwing him to court is just extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    you guys are damn unforgiving man. Some kid punches a bus driver and without even knowing the exact details of what happened you guys want to crucify him.

I know I've done alot of stupid things in my life, and I feel that everyone deserves a chance to explain themselves. He's a kid! throwing him to court is just extreme.
    Precisely my point.

I don't know, I think if his background was different, i.e. he wasn't from some jazzed up JC people might actually be more forgiving, shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Precisely my point.

I don't know, I think if his background was different, i.e. he wasn't from some jazzed up JC people might actually be more forgiving, shrug.
    Bro, listen up...
    What will you do if your father is the victim (poor old bus driver) of the whole punching incident? Let's say that he had punched your father (in front of his gf showing he is very garang) until your father got 2 days MC, what do you feel? And somemore, the coward boy after punching your father dun admit his mistakes just brushing it off with "Sorry Uncle, it was an accident!".
    Wonder if you still forgive the coward boy?
    Think carefully...

Bro, listen up...
    What will you do if your father is the victim (poor old bus driver) of the whole punching incident? Let's say that he had punched your father (in front of his gf showing he is very garang) until your father got 2 days MC, what do you feel? And somemore, the coward boy after punching your father dun admit his mistakes just brushing it off with "Sorry Uncle, it was an accident!".
    Wonder if you still forgive the coward boy?
    Think carefully...
    You want me to say what I think?

I think you're taking this way too personally for this to be a proper objective point of view for you. There's probably some personal issues into this, since you seem to support violent means of punishment for him, so violence should be nothing new to you. You should take a step back and look at all the emotional nonsense that you've been typing out regarding this incident, it's fast becoming a serious obsession for you, and I do not understand why, and will not bother to try to guess, since I'd probably be wrong - only you know that though.

Cowardly or not, it is a clear truth that if someone makes a mistake and everyone just goes all out for his blood, then it is a sad day for society.

I throw you this question in return - the boy punched my father. Society allows my father to beat the boy up in return. Does it make me feel any better? Does it change the fact that my father got beaten up?

No.

I would rather find means and ways to ensure that the boy changes, and while punishment is one way, it should be done hand in hand with reform.

Like I've said before, 17 years is a pretty short time, especially when one hardly remembers things before he was 4.

I think you're taking this way too personally for this to be a proper objective point of view for you. There's probably some personal issues into this, since you seem to support violent means of punishment for him, so violence should be nothing new to you. You should take a step back and look at all the emotional nonsense that you've been typing out regarding this incident, it's fast becoming a serious obsession for you, and I do not understand why, and will not bother to try to guess, since I'd probably be wrong - only you know that though.

Cowardly or not, it is a clear truth that if someone makes a mistake and everyone just goes all out for his blood, then it is a sad day for society.

I throw you this question in return - the boy punched my father. Society allows my father to beat the boy up in return. Does it make me feel any better? Does it change the fact that my father got beaten up?

No.

I would rather find means and ways to ensure that the boy changes, and while punishment is one way, it should be done hand in hand with reform.

Like I've said before, 17 years is a pretty short time, especially when one hardly remembers things before he was 4.
    I did not mention that violent should be used on this boy. What I meant is that he will never learn his lessons this way.
    Pls dun play around with my words!

No.

Nitemare , for once i agree with you. I think many people are getting too personal about this. Most ans given are base on outrage of emotions rather than helping the child. I will feel now, the child is a victim , if he is punish without understanding the reason and not allow to reform in a proper manner. However, i feel the school should be more tactful in response to the public.

Derailing the kid's future (for the sake of pouring out emotion or tic for tac vengence) is no difference from the kid's punching an old man. We do not have sufficient information to understand the situtaion (beside the media's point of view which we may only listen to one side of the coin) and hence, it is unfair for us to "judge" fairly.
    Last edited by kitkat; 18th May 2007 at 10:17 AM.

Many talk as if you are a eye witness who saw everything.... We all know how TNP reports, full of trash and hype up to make the news. Please u are taking this so personally. U keep saying about how the boy hit the guy who is old enough to be your father. Not defending him but do u know what really happened? Did u see it? Did u witness it? No? Then keep your personal comments to yourself. It is people like you that get people lynched in the olden days before they are even convicted.

Perhaps the bus driver was abusive? Perhaps he threaten the boy? We dont know cos it was never reported but doesnt mean it didnt happened. I personally have seen 2 abusive bus drivers scold the hell out of 2 passengers in the last week. One of which was being scolded just because he asked the bus driver "uncle does this bus go to Central Manpower Base (CMPB)?"

Uncle told him loudly "WHAT CENTRAL MANPOWER BASE?? CMPB SAY CMPB!!!!! UNCLE ENGLISH NO GOOD. DONT SPEAK ENGLISH TO ME!!" Errrr only problem guy who asked is a Malay....

Our bus drivers are not exactly fantastic souls themselves either. agreed that it doesnt mean condone beating them, but until we know exactly what is wrong, let's cool it. There are seriously more injustices to petition about than a lame one about a 17 year old boy who lost his temper..... It has become a case of picking on the weak and not wanting to address the real serious issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    Nitemare , for once i agree with you. I think many people are getting too personal about this. Most ans given are base on outrage of emotions rather than helping the child. I will feel now, the child is a victim , if he is punish without understanding the reason and not allow to reform in a proper manner. However, i feel the school should be more tactful in response to the public.

Derailing the kid's future (for the sake of pouring out emotion or tic for tac vengence) is no difference from the kid's punching an old man. We do not have sufficient information to understand the situtaion (beside the media's point of view which we may only listen to one side of the coin) and hence, it is unfair for us to "judge" fairly.
    I don't see it as emotion, I see it as some funny perception that the elites, or people who have had it better in life need some putting down.

What else would you want the school to do? Like I said, they have their rules, their methodologies. What I think is that the public should leave them to their devices unless it is horrendously wrong, e.g. they praise the boy for doing so.

I did not mention that violent should be used on this boy. What I meant is that he will never learn his lessons this way.
    Pls dun play around with my words!
    I'm not going to bother digging through your old posts just to prove my point.

It's all there anyways!

We might as well abolish the police force. Each time a "crime" is committed, our citizens are empowered to take matters into their own hands. In this case, the boy should have been held down by fellow passengers, anyone with camera to take photos for public shaming. And then the bus driver should be encourage to kick his teeth out for such behaviour....

Yes sound crude but then is that not what everyone is calling for? Go to jail for something like this?? Oh please grow up....

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm, so you're advocating against the jailing of people that beat other people up?

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    Yes sound crude but then is that not what everyone is calling for? Go to jail for something like this?? Oh please grow up....

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Hmm, so you're advocating against the jailing of people that beat other people up?
    There is a difference between punch and beat. And in this instance we dont even now what really happen and we are all crying for blood. What I am trying to say is that I dont condone violence but please get one's facts right.... What about all those cases of people getting beaten to the point of pulp and the police say "Sorry this is civil case, we wont press charges"

We are making it seem as if the kid beat the living daylights out of the bus driver. Which incidentally is not true. And the 2 day mc.... oh please it doesnt mean he was so seriously injured that he had to be on mc for 2 days. It was more likely his company ask him to take a rest for 2 days.

Incidentally anyone heard the side of the story besides what we have read? What about the bus driver? was he really as passive as reported or did he add to the fuel?? I am not saying let the boy off but a punishment must match the crime. Not throw him in just because of what school he is in. I personally dont like the elitism in Singapore but I dont ask a boy to pay for my dislikes. Just because he is from a certian school, we want him dead. what if he was from a neighbourhood school? We just forget about it as his environment makes him a natural gangster??
    Last edited by centuryegg; 18th May 2007 at 01:23 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast