View Poll Results: What action should the HC Student face?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forgive and forget. Afterall, he's just a kid acting on impulse.

9 5.39%
  • Send him for counselling and then for 40hrs of community service.

46 27.54%
  • Give him school caning and dismiss him from HC - At least he doesn't get a criminal record.

32 19.16%
  • Treat him as an adult and press criminal charges. Let the Courts decide what to do with him.

71 42.51%
  • None of the above - cos it won't make a difference to his attitude.

5 2.99%
  • None of the above - List your action in the Thread

4 2.40%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

Default Re: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    his dad does not equal to Wee Shu Min's daddeee.....

can rally other MPs to speak up on behalf of his daughter....

.... brats from branded school.
    wa, u very fierce. straight to the pint, oops, point.

not all, but selected few la. make the name transform into a mop for mopping the floor.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    his dad does not equal to Wee Shu Min's daddeee.....

can rally other MPs to speak up on behalf of his daughter....
    WSM has F cups and a big mole mah... Celeb looks...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    You mean the kid's grandfather, grandmother, father (of course), mother, sisters, brothers and etc.?
    if he is a ASK, then maybe u see the entire company's staff all 1 day off to go kneeling, then another 1 week paid leave to cure their bruised ego and knee cap...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    his dad should give the driver $50K and close the case
    money talks

then go home and wack his son
    That can be out-of-court settle for the driver and the kid. But many not that easy between the kid and SBSTransit/Police.

As i mentioned earlier, SBS Transit will have to come out sooner or later to address the welfare of the their bus drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    That can be out-of-court settle for the driver and the kid. But many not that easy between the kid and SBSTransit/Police.

As i mentioned earlier, SBS Transit will have to come out sooner or later to address the welfare of the their bus drivers.
    Really hope that SBS Transit will come in and protect the welfare of their drivers!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo View Post
    Well, the school has decided not to do anything to punish the student, except to " working closely with his parents to help him manage his current emotions to overcome this difficult period'. The school further stated that they are providing him with guidance."

What a load of rubbish. Even more so since it from HC whom I've always tho were quite traditional and strict when it comes to discipline. Looks like I'm wrong about them.
    I'd thought it was 'isolated cases' when I worked on attachment at a particular 'elite' school during my school days on attachment. I sneaked a peak at disciplinary files that the Principal told me to destroy and got an utter shock.

Guess everything in the back of my head had been confirmed now.

Anyway, I guess if there's anything to bring justice for that bus driver, its the power of the internet.

Like I mentioned in my thread:-

Anyone with good English can help to write to MOE, Strait Times or whatever channel to complain the fact that HC principal should not just brush the whole issue off with "it was just an accident!" and should have more responsible upon dealing with such cases.
    What the principal did really pissed me off!

I really hope someone with good english that can stand up and bring out this issue to higher authority, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    working closely with his parents to help him manage his current emotions to overcome this difficult period'. The school further stated that they are providing him with guidance
    *smell suspiciously* done up by a legal eagle ? Public Relations Consultancy??

"it was just an accident!"
    If you don't admit you are in the wrong, then there's no wrong until the court rules...
    Last edited by alba; 16th May 2007 at 03:19 PM.

Last time?

Last time is: Teachers cane students, principal cane students and call parents, parents come and apologise to school bring kid home... CANE SOMEMORE
    Nowadays is: Teachers cane students, principal scold teacher and call parents, parents come and make sure TEACHERS APOLOGISE.

No wonder I see more and more teachers are turning from 'passionate teachers' into 'work and wait for pay' people.

Yes, fine thanks to all these 'caning wun solve the problem, afterward kid kena traumatise got all kinds of social and mental problem' bigwigs.

If there's solid medical evidence (instead of juz empirical evidence) or vertical studies to prove that the Cane can indeed traumatise a child to the point where he would be socially, mentally affected when he grow up, den drop the rod and ban it I'll say.

I like that. It is true.Children are princes and princesses... wait until they(boys) are in the army. Take 5 take 10 take..... and burnt all your weekends and ended up your GF holds another person hand....

Yes, fine thanks to all these 'caning wun solve the problem, afterward kid kena traumatise got all kinds of social and mental problem' bigwigs.

If there's solid medical evidence (instead of juz empirical evidence) or vertical studies to prove that the Cane can indeed traumatise a child to the point where he would be socially, mentally affected when he grow up, den drop the rod and ban it I'll say.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    I like that. It is true.Children are princes and princesses... wait until they(boys) are in the army. Take 5 take 10 take..... and burnt all your weekends and ended up your GF holds another person hand....
    Unless u are white horse.... then different story. Your buddy take the 5 and 10 for you. The benefits of being elite.

Like I mentioned in my thread:-

Anyone with good English can help to write to MOE, Strait Times or whatever channel to complain the fact that HC principal should not just brush the whole issue off with "it was just an accident!" and should have more responsible upon dealing with such cases.

I really hope someone with good english that can stand up and bring out this issue to higher authority, thank you.
    I wonder if the principal is more concerned about the reputation of the school than the need to enforce disciplinary actions. If that's the case, let's wait and see till the next 'accident' happens to another JC student.

anyway after so many pages of discussion, I think lets just let the matter rest. After all the guy who should have the right to press charges is the bus driver. Not the rest of the public who are not even involved in the first place. Besides there are tons of people out there who fight or punch. Uncle run down banker, Uncle punch lady who touch his cat, outside zouk, st james etc, guy punching guy who stare/knock/touch him or his gf.

Are we going to ask all of them to go to jail?

And I dont think the kid is from a elite family. Why? No elite will kneel before a lower class citizen such as a lowly bus driver. He will most likely lodge complain to bus company that bus driver haress his son.... So if you dont pity the son, pity the dad....

Talking Re: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    anyway after so many pages of discussion, I think lets just let the matter rest. After all the guy who should have the right to press charges is the bus driver. Not the rest of the public who are not even involved in the first place. Besides there are tons of people out there who fight or punch. Uncle run down banker, Uncle punch lady who touch his cat, outside zouk, st james etc, guy punching guy who stare/knock/touch him or his gf.

Are we going to ask all of them to go to jail?

And I dont think the kid is from a elite family. Why? No elite will kneel before a lower class citizen such as a lowly bus driver. He will most likely lodge complain to bus company that bus driver haress his son.... So if you dont pity the son, pity the dad....
    I only have one humble request:-

I only have one humble request:-

your angmo not bad wat... put your heart to it... you can do it...

meantime, wanna start a petition?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Talking Re: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    your angmo not bad wat... put your heart to it... you can do it...

meantime, wanna start a petition?
    I wanna start a petition, can help?

I wanna start a petition, can help?
    http://www.petitiononline.com/

get enuf numbers then send to ST...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    http://www.petitiononline.com/

get enuf numbers then send to ST...
    Can help me start one? Thanks le..
    Shoot that HC Principal for saying "this was just an accident"?

Can help me start one? Thanks le..
    Shoot that HC Principal for saying "this was just an accident"?
    bro, fight your own battle lah, i can only support you in the war...

Punch him in the face, slap him a few times (all this in front of his girlfriend).

Nah... kidding.

Agree that pressing charges whould be left to the bus driver. But I think the youths nowadays need a kick up the backside (or manybe a few strokes of the cane), the soft approach doesn't work. This type of boy needs a good does of corporal punishment.

Public caning in school will be good, name announced in front of the entire school during assembly, bend down 90 degrees and "swoosh!". Let's see how tough you are now. The physical pain won't be much, but you've got to be mentally tough.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast