View Poll Results: What action should the HC Student face?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forgive and forget. Afterall, he's just a kid acting on impulse.

9 5.39%
  • Send him for counselling and then for 40hrs of community service.

46 27.54%
  • Give him school caning and dismiss him from HC - At least he doesn't get a criminal record.

32 19.16%
  • Treat him as an adult and press criminal charges. Let the Courts decide what to do with him.

71 42.51%
  • None of the above - cos it won't make a difference to his attitude.

5 2.99%
  • None of the above - List your action in the Thread

4 2.40%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

Default Re: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    spam!!!
    ??? y spam it is photo

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    ??? y spam it is photo
    Use a tripod, this pic so noisy
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

1. Caning
    2. Public apology
    3. Counselling

Further action may even be required if he has a history of violent conduct. It's a real shame that his father has to bear the consequences of his son's misdeeds. If that's the truth, then perhaps our education has indeed failed in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    Use a tripod, this pic so noisy
    this is from 1mp cam lor... somemore low light condition 6.30++ shoot one, that is the darkest time bef day break

Schools need to change the disciplinary system back to the past when it was harsher.
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Schools need to change the disciplinary system back to the past when it was harsher.
    i agree

ya man... should allow public caning...

for eg, adults bring canes to performance, then when they see someone blocking their view, 1 smack go over whip their head or backside, whichever visible and blocking their view...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    But the ezlink card are not really belond to us, but the issuing company, in this case it's the bus company (unlike handphone, belond to the owner, though the sim card is belong to the service provider), which has the right to get it back for investigation. So it's the boy actually obstructing the driver from doing his job.
    Ha, ok.

So the deposit inside is you put it for fun, since the card belongs to the issuing company.

I think even if take back also need to give explanation right. Sure, maybe somewhere in the fine print the company reserves the right to change terms and conditions and all the jazz, yet you see companies getting sued for changing terms and conditions unethically. Shrug.

Your scenario of the driver having a right to just take the card and keep it is like saying that police have a right to arrest a citizen and detain him indefinitely for investigation, without bringing out any charges. As far as I know, there is such a rule, but only for certain circumstances, and for a limited time only.

Smile Re: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

ezlink cards are issued by Ezlink Pte ltd, a subsidiary of lta. on the reverse of each card, attention is drawn to 'use governed by regualtions and published conditions. this card shall be retained if it has been tampered with, MISUSED, replaced or refunded.' i believe that bus captains, amongst others, are authorised with power to retain cards.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    ezlink cards are issued by Ezlink Pte ltd, a subsidiary of lta. on the reverse of each card, attention is drawn to 'use governed by regualtions and published conditions. this card shall be retained if it has been tampered with, MISUSED, replaced or refunded.' i believe that bus captains, amongst others, are authorised with power to retain cards.
    The key point is not whether they have the power to do so.

The key point is whether they have the right to do so WITHOUT EXPLANATION.

Tsk. No one ever gets my point.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

You too cheem lah.

for eg, adults bring canes to performance, then when they see someone blocking their view, 1 smack go over whip their head or backside, whichever visible and blocking their view...
    baCK when i waS in school, i clearly recall students tremble at the mere mention of 'teacher goin to call up parents and complain'.

and stage caning was the 'in' thing!

and parents day is always pure nightmare.

time haf changed!

Gif it to the Hwa Chong boy!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Smile Re: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

i believe that the authority to retain cards is not conditional on the need to explain per se. that said, it helps to explain one's action.

that is still practise, but are for big offence like stealing and cheating during exams

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    that is still practise, but are for big offence like stealing and cheating during exams
    In our time those big offenses were grounds for expellation!

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    In our time those big offenses were grounds for expellation!
    yes this one still hav also but must be those like student fight with teacher type the expel

vince123123
    Guests

Im wondering if it is a criminal offence to not give the card up. If there isn't then there is nothing that the bus company or whoever can do. Ez link or SBS can authorise whoever they want to keep the card. At the end of the day, if the customer refuses, there is nothing that bus driver can do to compel it at the point in time. The only thing they can do is to lodge a police report for cheating/fraud etc.

Hence yes, the bus driver has been given the power to retain cards, but power given by who? If it is not by the government or a criminal offence, it makes no difference that SBS/Ezlink gives the power. The power is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post

He should be expelled and left to face any charges if the driver wants to press. Its shameful for the school and all those who have graduated from it...

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Im wondering if it is a criminal offence to not give the card up. If there isn't then there is nothing that the bus company or whoever can do. Ez link or SBS can authorise whoever they want to keep the card. At the end of the day, if the customer refuses, there is nothing that bus driver can do to compel it at the point in time. The only thing they can do is to lodge a police report for cheating/fraud etc.

Hence yes, the bus driver has been given the power to retain cards, but power given by who? If it is not by the government or a criminal offence, it makes no difference that SBS/Ezlink gives the power. The power is useless.
    I'm not good with law, but isn't the bus driver at fault for preventing (blocking) them from leaving the bus?

i suggest you read the original news report more carefully. the bus driver DID explain why he had to retain the card.

"The alarm was activated because the student's concession card had either been reported lost or stolen. So Mr Wong said he had to follow the standard procedure of retaining the card.

When he told her she had to surrender the card, she initially refused. She handed over only after he insisted and explained that the card had a problem and had to be retained. Said Mr Wong in Mandarin: 'All this while, the male student kept arguing that the ez-link card belonged to the girl. I kept repeating my explanation, but he refused to listen.' "

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast