View Poll Results: What action should the HC Student face?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forgive and forget. Afterall, he's just a kid acting on impulse.

9 5.39%
  • Send him for counselling and then for 40hrs of community service.

46 27.54%
  • Give him school caning and dismiss him from HC - At least he doesn't get a criminal record.

32 19.16%
  • Treat him as an adult and press criminal charges. Let the Courts decide what to do with him.

71 42.51%
  • None of the above - cos it won't make a difference to his attitude.

5 2.99%
  • None of the above - List your action in the Thread

4 2.40%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

Default Re: The "Hwa Chong student punched bus driver" Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    He suddenly felt immense guilt about hurting the poor uncle and how he would have suffered, the loss of income due to his injury. So the poor boy broke down, devastated and cried.
    cut it short... hand pain...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Well , why don't we see it another way;
    Quote:

He wrote: 'The bus driver detained us and didn't allow us to proceed. He asked her to produce the card and took it without explanation.

'We were stunned. I asked for it back, while my friend produced her current card, with her particulars, to prove that the void card was hers. He ignored her.

If the student's above account is accurate, then the BUS DRIVER is the bully.

Machiam policeman, take things already don't need to explain? Skally the little boy thought that the bus driver see his mei mei cute, like the photo and want to keep.
    Well, the bus driver did claim that he told them why he had to keep the card.
    Besides, there were other witnesses on the bus that said the driver did nothing to provoke the boy. And instead, the boy despite being restrained by 2 other passengers, kept on confronting the driver until he was told the police had been notified.

So in my mind, boy kept acting like a jerk until told that police was coming. Then he goes and calls the dad for rescue and starts crying. This is not being a bully (and a coward) meh?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo View Post
    Well, the bus driver did claim that he told them why he had to keep the card.
    Besides, there were other witnesses on the bus that said the driver did nothing to provoke the boy. And instead, the boy despite being restrained by 2 other passengers, kept on confronting the driver until he was told the police had been notified.
    Based on the description from the boy, there is nothing the bus driver did that directly provoked him what.

I mean, technically if I calmly take your handphone from you on the bus, and keep quiet when you ask me questions..

Will the other surrounding passengers know what's going on? =) Yet I'd be the jerk. Zhun boh?

Based on the description from the boy, there is nothing the bus driver did that directly provoked him what.

I mean, technically if I calmly take your handphone from you on the bus, and keep quiet when you ask me questions..

Will the other surrounding passengers know what's going on? =) Yet I'd be the jerk. Zhun boh?
    You've got a point. But I'm still inclined to believe that the boy is the main bully.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo View Post
    You've got a point. But I'm still inclined to believe that the boy is the main bully.
    Why?

I'm interested to know. To me, either party could be the bully until the facts are out.

It sounds funny that 17 year old boy bully 53 year old man though.. =(

He suddenly felt immense guilt about hurting the poor uncle and how he would have suffered, the loss of income due to his injury. So the poor boy broke down, devastated and cried.
    Guilt about hurting the uncle??? I don't think he evr thought about that, may be feeling guily on disappointed his parent. But more likely would be scare to cry instead of feeling guilt for others

But the ezlink card are not really belond to us, but the issuing company, in this case it's the bus company (unlike handphone, belond to the owner, though the sim card is belong to the service provider), which has the right to get it back for investigation. So it's the boy actually obstructing the driver from doing his job.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

the kid is 17, his father is a woos for begging on his knees when instead he should be disciplining his son...what message is he sending, daddy will clean up your mess?

regarding the boy, sorry but if an 18 year old can get 4 strokes with the cane for GRAFFITI, i think this kid should at minimum get something equal in severity or more...this kid PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED another human being, an older human being.

weigh the two, spraying graffiti, hurt no one,
    physically assaulting a person, hurting someone and can cause permanent damage

we are only talking a difference of months between the two boys in each case. i think the government and all parties involved better think hard about the message they are sending.

i guess stress from school work causes such action.

as for the bus uncle.. suggest some wired fence at the bus driver seat.

Strap to an 'A' frame. Rear facing up, hands strapped and wait for the command...

"SATU!"

*twirl-twirl-twirl... LASH*

i think the father is not doin his part as a father by kneeling and begging... he should get the boy to do it...

this fellow, try to act act infront of the girl and create problem must not be let off easily, he should be punish to warn other punks outside. i wonder why is there no more followup reports

if was the kid, i rather die then letting my father kneel down lor

anyone captured the video at the scene ?

Do what kids at his age do best - Cry and bambi eyes when they hear "Police".

But before that, fuah! Tiger out of cage damn garang.

well very simple lor, he tried to act hero in front of his mei mei
    when he realised the serverity of the issue, he switched characters and act pitiful & remoresful for a way out lor....

can stand a hero but cannot fall a hero...

he will be a good candidate for the next star search audition.

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    i think the father is not doin his part as a father by kneeling and begging... he should get the boy to do it...

this fellow, try to act act infront of the girl and create problem must not be let off easily, he should be punish to warn other punks outside. i wonder why is there no more followup reports

What followup reports?? Let's move on. What's done is done. Let's forget about the whole incident and let the boy study and be a useful person in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post

"Father made to kneel for son's sin, the son will kena strike by lightning."

Dunno u heard of old ppl saying this before or not.

Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    well very simple lor, he tried to act hero in front of his mei mei
    when he realised the serverity of the issue, he switched characters and act pitiful & remoresful for a way out lor....

can stand a hero but cannot fall a hero...

he will be a good candidate for the next star search audition.
    Maybe TCS shld make a new drama named "16 Whips".

But not Chen Taiming kena extra whip, is the boy....

in USA, such action is viewed ok if u had medical records to prove that u are suffering from a illness caused by stress and it produces such action.

they blamed the illness, not the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    the kid is 17, his father is a woos for begging on his knees when instead he should be disciplining his son...what message is he sending, daddy will clean up your mess?

regarding the boy, sorry but if an 18 year old can get 4 strokes with the cane for GRAFFITI, i think this kid should at minimum get something equal in severity or more...this kid PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED another human being, an older human being.

weigh the two, spraying graffiti, hurt no one,
    physically assaulting a person, hurting someone and can cause permanent damage

we are only talking a difference of months between the two boys in each case. i think the government and all parties involved better think hard about the message they are sending.

Perhaps the boy didnt come from a family, whose father doesnt believe in the cane discipline. Families nowadays perhaps dote more on their kids rather then discipline them. In the past when I bullied a kid younger than me, I was disciplined severly by my father. After the biting saw him applying med cream on my body. I told myself never to be a bully cos I do not want to shame my parents.

In recent years, where police get more involve in family violents, parents might not wanting to discipline their children in the 'cane' way as the last generation did, tried a softer approach instead. For the fear of getting involve in 'child abuse'.

Well, this are my thinkings. While every families have their own ways of discipline a child, they will also need to tell them why the parents are disciplining them and what should be expected next time. Discipline them if you need to, reward them if there is a need.

Regards
    Last edited by hanqiang1011; 15th May 2007 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    "Father made to kneel for son's sin, the son will kena strike by lightning."

Dunno u heard of old ppl saying this before or not.
    well... the light's man not working lor... he should be striked at the moment his hand touches the ah peh's face...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    in USA, such action is viewed ok if u had medical records to prove that u are suffering from a illness caused by stress and it produces such action.

they blamed the illness, not the action.

The Highest Acme of Taijiquan:

"The form is not a form without a form but with a form to create a formless form"

Understand that principle and u would have mastered Taiji.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast