I have been caned before. Multiple times. I think I even have a scar on my nose from when the cane accidentally connected with my face. Guess what? I spent the next few years hating the hell out of my parents before I was smart enough to understand why they would do such things. Yep, I understood them before they understood me.
So what im trying to say, yes, dish out corporal punishment when it deemed fit, not all the time for little issues. And i think for the youngster to punch an elderly, he deserves some corporal punishment. All the excuse of "sorry i was not in the right mind" doesn't work here. You cant just say sorry and get away with it all the time.
Ministry of Home Affairs shld pass this legislation:
- The definition of a 'minor' shld be anyone under the age of 12yrs old.
EDIT: - Definition of Juvenile crimes are from 6yrs old to 15yrs old
- Anyone who's 16yrs and above shld be liable for their actions and be punished in accordance with the full brunt of criminal penal and civil code of law if they are found to break any law. Including offences that require rotan, life imprisonment and capital punishment.
- Reformative Training Centre, Boys Town and Girls Town to be dissolved and merged into a single entity called "Changi Youth and Reformative Prison" located next to Changi Maximum Security Prison
- Voting age to be maintained at 21yrs old.
- All classes of vehicle license can only be taken by ppl above 21yrs old as of 1st Jan [insert year]
Last edited by jsbn; 15th May 2007 at 10:47 AM.
1) Wondering if this Hwa Chong kid is a member of Clubsnap? If yes, wats his nick?
2) Wondering if this Hwa Chong kid can be a catfighting champion representing Singapore?
Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.
i frown on rude kids.
and i frown on teachers who bully kids.
A balance should be found whenever possible, but that's hard. If only more kids/parents/teachers were sensible in today's society.
Last edited by sbs99; 15th May 2007 at 10:55 AM.