Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

But through experiences, some bus drivers are obnoxious as well. Like there was this kid was short of a few cents, he confided with the driver but the bus driver rudely chased him out, with fingers pointing at the door and a loud NO, CANNOT. So he's expecting him to walk home? Another lose his wallet, again its a NO. Come on, we're daily paying customers here. Sometimes I would opt for the bus, a couple of times the bus driver loudly growled at me thinking I didn't tap the card. Twice with my GF as well, imagine the embarassement, when he suddenly stopped the bus and approach me. Oh yes, 10/10 times, I tabbed prior to boarding. Some apologised, and some just shake their heads. Oh yes, many many whizzed past without tapping, and he picked me? I wanted to tell him, come on, I have a car, U think I can't even pay for a bus fare?
    Some bus driver even scolded their passengers. What gives them the right to treat their customers in such manner?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    time to change nick... RashCane!!!
    Wanna volunteer to be my "practice dummy"? We can set up an event photography for people to capture action shots (the caning) and then portraiture of human emotion (the pain on your face... Or will it be pleasure?).

What the boy done (whether intentionally or otherwise) is a criminal offence, he has no reason for hitting the driver. He ought to know this and should expect what comes after, otherwise his years of eduation is not working for him. By committing such serious offence in public, it warrants him to be punish by the Law. Let the police and the Court deal with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The reason why the boy as crying and the dad got on his knees: Because the boy came from a "prestigious" school. In SG society, the school you're from has a very strong influence on the perception of success. The dad probably had to pull a lot of strings just to get his son into a "sure successful one" JC, only for the little punk to let it get to his head.

My opinion? Cane/jail the little punk. Let him be an example to all the other punks out there who think nothing can happen to them. A lack of law enforcement is the reason why nowadays this place is going to the dogs. Littering everywhere, people eating durian on the trains and buses, punks blasting their crap music as if they really think they're cool...

Cane them all.
    Actually I won't doubt the fact that this kid probably scored single digits to enter HCJC instead of string pulling.

As for string pulling... I believe the system at JC might work differently (looking at grades rather than string pulling) from Primary 1 entry although I wun dismiss the possibility of such a thing happening.

Sometimes, it makes me wonder, is reputation and prestige of a school so important to the point where they will not hesitate to defend a student who's obviously in the wrong? The integrity of the student or the reputation of the school? By making such a statement in papers, what kind of signal is the school sending across to all? Makes me wonder at times....

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    My chinese not so good so I was literally labelled as a "Yellow Banana" and "Keng Jio Kia" by my form teacher and eventually the entire class started calling me that.

The last time I heard frm an ex-primary school class gathering, the 'ace' in our class, supposedly the best, cleverest, wittiest girl (with a flaming temper to match), went to a reputable branded Sec School (I met her at Military Band Drum Major Camp but she can't recognise me) and almost ended up at Girls Town eventually.

Where she went to now, not sure. She had juz disappeared.

Funny how some things in the world usually turn out.
    why wasn't i surprised...

imagine if my teachers are here in this forum, then i pwn them to neverland...

or better still... where is my sweet little girl whom i admired during primary school...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Will the father hire good lawyers to protect his kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Will the father hire good lawyers to protect his kid?
    He would, definitely. And he would kneel before the captain again.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    When did I say it was acceptable? Being expected is not the same as being acceptable. Don't twist my words.
    the fact that, speaking from a 'removed' position, you think you'll react the same way is already subconsciously allowing yourself to behave so should a similar situation arise. you make it sound so understandable that people behave like this by stating that you'll react likewise. that itself is already a problem if you don't realise.

Singapore Boxing discovery... he needs a good trainer to polish his skills

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    why wasn't i surprised...

imagine if my teachers are here in this forum, then i pwn them to neverland...

or better still... where is my sweet little girl whom i admired during primary school...
    Ah... memories. There's this chick I used to have a huge crush on too.

But probably she married off to a rich man and is a taitai now. She used to hang out with this guy who's rich, handsome, clever (after PSLE, I heard he went Hwa Chong but she failed to get in there and eventually went to a neighbourhood school). Oh well, doubt we'll recognise each other even if we run into each other in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by peanutbeer View Post
    Singapore Boxing discovery... he needs a good trainer to polish his skills
    Plz loh, u call that boxing ah? Sounds more like a catfighting kid.

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    He would, definitely. And he would kneel before the captain again.
    Maybe the bus captain shld ask for red carpet, and be served tea with a bowed head and both hands?

They should cane him or jail him, and be done with it. Move on and not dwell on the same matter. Young kids nowadays no respect for elders, teach him a lesson, he needs to learn how to be humble and respectful.

I hope his father would dish out his own old skool disciplinary stuff. If i am the father, i would be ashamed to have a son who behave this way.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    the fact that, speaking from a 'removed' position, you think you'll react the same way is already subconsciously allowing yourself to behave so should a similar situation arise. you make it sound so understandable that people behave like this by stating that you'll react likewise. that itself is already a problem if you don't realise.
    Hardly. That I understand why he did it and why I might do it doesn't mean I don't have psychological barriers in place to stop it. Had I allow every impulse control my actions, I would be in prison by now for murder.

But I am not.

When I say I understand that it may happen to me, it has absolutely nothing to do with the mental barrier that keeps me from doing such things weakening, but that I know that such a barrier can hardly be counted on to work every single time. Combine impulsive reactions with the stress of exams, tutorials, friendships, intimate relationships, getting up on the wrong side of the bed, a bad day in school, an irritating bus driver, a possibly irritating girlfriend, bad experiences, and you see why it isn't so hard to snap and hit someone.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Maybe the bus captain shld ask for red carpet, and be served tea with a bowed head and both hands?
    That would be good!
    Think he should not beg like this lo..he should make his damn sicko "Hwa Chong Famous School catfighting" kid to beg and kneel down!

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    They should cane him or jail him, and be done with it. Move on and not dwell on the same matter. Young kids nowadays no respect for elders, teach him a lesson, he needs to learn how to be humble and respectful.
    Oh that's smart, teaching respect through forced submission. I hope you aren't a parent.

EDIT: Lest that last bit be taken as an insult.. it was sincere in that I believe that method of gaining respect is absolutely stupid and ineffective. Fear and loathing is what punishment in place of understanding will do.
    Last edited by jmmtn4aj; 15th May 2007 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    But through experiences, some bus drivers are obnoxious as well. Like there was this kid was short of a few cents, he confided with the driver but the bus driver rudely chased him out, with fingers pointing at the door and a loud NO, CANNOT. So he's expecting him to walk home? Another lose his wallet, again its a NO. Come on, we're daily paying customers here. Sometimes I would opt for the bus, a couple of times the bus driver loudly growled at me thinking I didn't tap the card. Twice with my GF as well, imagine the embarassement, when he suddenly stopped the bus and approach me. Oh yes, 10/10 times, I tabbed prior to boarding. Some apologised, and some just shake their heads. Oh yes, many many whizzed past without tapping, and he picked me? I wanted to tell him, come on, I have a car, U think I can't even pay for a bus fare?
    Some bus driver even scolded their passengers. What gives them the right to treat their customers in such manner?
    Reminded me of an incident a few days ago when I was on the bus, thoroughly exhausted until I was waken up by a sudden tap on my thigh. Yes, the bus conductor is there to check tickets... no EZ-Link cards with that machine.

Handed my SMRT-Citibank card and to my horror, the conductor asked me in a skeptical voice if I had tapped my card, well, I did. And after she made her rounds we had a little chat and before alighting I gave her my card for her to tap on the reader to check (of cos I did tap so there's no fear, 'forget to tap' can't be used as an excuse like 'press wrongly' during the good old bus ticket days).

Apparently, according to the bus conductor, there are several instances where she encountered that the card (both EZ-Link and SMRT-Citibank) generates errors due to some bugs in the reader.

Well, the point is not exactly abt rude drivers. If u'd tapped and no matter how nasty that chap may sound (the bus engine's not exactly soft, so he might have to talk a little louder) and tell u to re-tap, just do it in front of him. U wun lose a piece of flesh. He would die of embarassment instead if he'd accused u of the wrong thing instead. Why frown so much upon this? Smile!

Oh that's smart, teaching respect through forced submission. I hope you aren't a parent.
    Ok lah, it depends what rocks your boat. You spare the rod, you spoil the child also. Needs some balance in the upbringing, you can't pamper and shelter your own kid all the time, it's bad upbringing. Tough times bring the goodness out of people, most of the time that works.
    So you telling me you never been caned before by your parents?

no lah....im not taking that as an insult. Im open to ideas.
    My example would be like the soldiers in the past, compared to soldiers right now, whom i think are more pampered. Which batch are better? In my opinion is those who has gone through hard times and hard training , punishments, they are the ones who make the world move right now.
    Last edited by sbs99; 15th May 2007 at 10:39 AM.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

EDIT: Lest that last bit be taken as an insult.. it was sincere in that I believe that method of gaining respect is absolutely stupid and ineffective. Fear and loathing is what punishment in place of understanding will do.
    Gosh, I hope u are not as well!

EDIT: Another advocate of those new fangled 'Modern No-Rod Education Method'.

It's got absolutely zilch to do with acting tough. If a driver did that to me, I'd be ticked off too, however irrationally. Humans are inherently impulsive.
    And yes, I'm programmed to sow my seeds...so it is ok for me to go around attempting to copulate with all the females I fancy?

When did I say it was acceptable? Being expected is not the same as being acceptable. Don't twist my words.
    If you don't think it is acceptable, then stop making excuses for the guy. I think people took issues with you because you sounded almost apologetic in your statement.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast