Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    The "boy" should be counsel first , and, if he has any history of violence, public caning should apply (as an example and lesson), follow by expellsion from school.

Nowadays, many youngster are spoilt, sparing the rod is a very bad idea.
    My wife and I never believed in sparing the rods....when we cane, we wack the ankles, where it hurts most.

One thing I'm trying to instill in my son is :Once you screw up, you'll always screw it up again and again, so never screw up!

He even comes up with his own acronym :OSU, ASU (Once screwed up, forever screwed up!)

That's something I have tried to live by for a long time. Not that i never screwed up, I did, and I'm still screwing up the same thing every time.

So, never, ever, screw things up....

Jail him! Jail him!

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    My wife and I never believed in sparing the rods....when we cane, we wack the ankles, where it hurts most.

One thing I'm trying to instill in my son is :Once you screw up, you'll always screw it up again and again, so never screw up!

He even comes up with his own acronym :OSU, ASU (Once screwed up, forever screwed up!)

That's something I have tried to live by for a long time. Not that i never screwed up, I did, and I'm still screwing up the same thing every time.

wah lao eh... u darn violent sia... might as well, huntum the elbow make them numb...

btw isn't it OSU FSU, or he wanna always screw up?

well... hard luck, my family in manufacturing, i see screws everyday, and i screws up most of the time, well... i screw down, left, right, in, out... and i just love screwing around...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Tammy in poly lah, well... nowadays seem like JC getting all the attention...

Time for polys and ites to work harder...
    ITEs had our field day more than 10yrs ago, when it was known as VITB FYI.

Yes, I remember when Chinese Newspapers loved to put VITB, Primary 7E, Primary 8M students at the forefront of headlines and I remember these very words by my form teacher.

"You all want to be like the Primary 7E, Primary 8M and VITB students where they are the trash, degenerate scum and wastrels of the society? Den dun study and go and join them."

Yes, these words came from a teacher. ITE (the 'rebranded VITB') had a hard time shaking off the pai kia image even now. Give them a chance to be good kids but slow learners plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Jail him! Jail him!
    U know what? For once I'm nodding my head in agreement with u.

They shld simply rename Boys and Girls Town to "Changi Youth and Reformative Prison"

Yes, the word 'prison' would be bad enuff. The words "Boys & Girls Town" is not strong enuff to scare punks.

wah another infamous hwa chong student...

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post

Agreed. Singapore is unlike other countries. Once you screw up, you are screwed forever.
    So, keep your cool, teens.

Like what my grandpa always said (in Teochew): if you don't support a tree with a stick when it was young, it would grow up bent. You must set the kid straight at the moment he was born; otherwise, when he would be 'bent' forever.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    so you're agreeing with the boy's action?
    Hardly. I'm saying I probably would've done the same thing too. You see friend, the only difference between me and anyone who says 'tsk tsk, this kid is a punk' is that I realise how likely it is that it might happen to me.

im·pul·sive /ɪmˈpʌlsɪv/ Pronunciation Key -[im-puhl-siv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. actuated or swayed by emotional or involuntary impulses: an impulsive child.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    for the "hard-core" pai-kia ones, maybe. but for the pampered/spoilt ones who have never been caned before in their lives, i think it will be a very effective lesson and deterrent against future misdeeds. Even the most hardened criminals dread the caning by rotan in prison.

teaching of core values/etiquette/morals begins at home, and continues in school. IMHO this must be addressed first, then there will be less need for counsellers to "fix" spoilt kids when they grow up.
    Den again u look at younger generation of parents, how many of them are willing to cane their little precious?

I had heard this coming from young parents these days, "When u become a parent yourself then u'll know how painful it is caning ur own kids." (good god, I was trashed up as a kid)

To prevent their own heartpain of caning their own kids, they'd rather let them run free. Oh great. *clap-clap-clap*

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Hardly. I'm saying I probably would've done the same thing too. You see friend, the only difference between me and anyone who says 'tsk tsk, this kid is a punk' is that I realise how likely it is that it might happen to me.
    Bruce Lee, the easiest thing is to retaliate in force and the toughest thing is to restrain urself.

A true man restraints himself from retaliation which only a wild animal is inclined to do so.

Kids know that their parents will protect them! Also, they have been treated like King and Queen since birth with maids as their personal servant

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post

Yes, I remember when Chinese Newspapers loved to put VITB, Primary 7E, Primary 8M students at the forefront of headlines and I remember these very words by my form teacher.

"You all want to be like the Primary 7E, Primary 8M and VITB students where they are the trash, degenerate scum and wastrels of the society? Den dun study and go and join them."

Yes, these words came from a teacher. ITE (the 'rebranded VITB') had a hard time shaking off the pai kia image even now. Give them a chance to be good kids but slow learners plz.
    well... i had that as well... and i was a scum of the society literally from my teacher's & principal's mouth... haha...

well... they said i am the 朽木不可调 but i find that they are the 上梁不正下梁歪。。。
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

The reason why the boy as crying and the dad got on his knees: Because the boy came from a "prestigious" school. In SG society, the school you're from has a very strong influence on the perception of success. The dad probably had to pull a lot of strings just to get his son into a "sure successful one" JC, only for the little punk to let it get to his head.

My opinion? Cane/jail the little punk. Let him be an example to all the other punks out there who think nothing can happen to them. A lack of law enforcement is the reason why nowadays this place is going to the dogs. Littering everywhere, people eating durian on the trains and buses, punks blasting their crap music as if they really think they're cool...

Cane them all.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    jsbn says it all.

being young doesn't mean one is entitled to excessive impulsiveness, and therefore such actions being 'understandable'

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The reason why the boy as crying and the dad got on his knees: Because the boy came from a "prestigious" school. In SG society, the school you're from has a very strong influence on the perception of success. The dad probably had to pull a lot of strings just to get his son into a "sure successful one" JC, only for the little punk to let it get to his head.

My opinion? Cane/jail the little punk. Let him be an example to all the other punks out there who think nothing can happen to them. A lack of law enforcement is the reason why nowadays this place is going to the dogs. Littering everywhere, people eating durian on the trains and buses, punks blasting their crap music as if they really think they're cool...

Cane them all.
    time to change nick... RashCane!!!

Talking Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

I think now teachers will need to change a quote liao..."wanna be Pai Kia, join the famous school!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr4wiz0d9yY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCJrtEJj1cQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OQttFLUKqw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR01Vqgl8ic

well... i had that as well... and i was a scum of the society literally from my teacher's & principal's mouth... haha...

well... they said i am the 朽木不可调 but i find that they are the 上梁不正下梁歪。。。
    My chinese not so good so I was literally labelled as a "Yellow Banana" and "Keng Jio Kia" by my form teacher and eventually the entire class started calling me that.

The last time I heard frm an ex-primary school class gathering, the 'ace' in our class, supposedly the best, cleverest, wittiest girl (with a flaming temper to match), went to a reputable branded Sec School (I met her at Military Band Drum Major Camp but she can't recognise me) and almost ended up at Girls Town eventually.

Where she went to now, not sure. She had juz disappeared.

Funny how some things in the world usually turn out.

Counselled? Oh plz, if u guys keep thinking on 'counselling, counselling' no use one.

The precise reason why there are more and more punks, top schools or not, is due to the fact that kiddos are getting smarter, they know that if its their first offence, they would be 'counselled' (which is in fact, to them, a "1-ear-in, 1-ear-out" session) instead of facing outright punishment like the old days.

Ask so many of u here, educated under the old system where punishment is advocated over counselling, after u did something stupid and earned a good caning, from school or from parents even if u're truly sorry, cry until ur snort and tears all over ur face, would u hesitate to do the same thing again when u know that u'll earn another round of caning, heavier one, if u do the same thing again?

But still, kudos to the driver for not retaliating. For if he did, dat damned punk would have twisted the story and end up they will get 2 groups: 1 group of witnesses on the bus that witnessed the punching and who threw the first punch and another group of non-witnesses that only seek to protect themselves, their image and reputation.

This so-called 'innovative, creative, new-styled' education system that we're seeing now, bleah.... Producing a smarter generation AND a generation that plays punk when other ppl's heads are turned and formulating their own brand of twisted logic when they are caught red-handed.
    Hardly.

You see it's people like you who are the problem. Teenage angst all to commonly involves the over perception of attitude like yours. And it is seen ALL OVER your post, starting from the condescending tone used in the first sentence

is due to the fact that kiddos are getting smarter
    and showing all the way till the end. Punks? There is only one reason why these 'kiddos' have no respect for older generations, and it's because of people like you who think that they are superior in wisdom, knowledge and behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    for the "hard-core" pai-kia ones, maybe. but for the pampered/spoilt ones who have never been caned before in their lives, i think it will be a very effective lesson and deterrent against future misdeeds. Even the most hardened criminals dread the caning by rotan in prison.
    Certainly they dread it, but after they do the deed. Few people think long-term when they do stupid things.

teaching of core values/etiquette/morals begins at home, and continues in school. IMHO this must be addressed first, then there will be less need for counsellers to "fix" spoilt kids when they grow up.
    I agree. In countries with an more integrated society and culture, criminal acts happen in vastly smaller numbers. Increased punishment only results in increased risk that people are willing to accept. Unfortunately changing our culture (or in fact, halting the increased westernization and liberalization) is not something that is easy to do, so like the corner-cutting people most of us are, we turn to easier knee-jerk punishments. Even in the face of statistics that show these methods as mostly ineffective, we bluff ourselves that they work, or that other factors beyond our control are in play.

wah lao eh... u darn violent sia... might as well, huntum the elbow make them numb...

btw isn't it OSU FSU, or he wanna always screw up?

well... hard luck, my family in manufacturing, i see screws everyday, and i screws up most of the time, well... i screw down, left, right, in, out... and i just love screwing around...
    Paiseh, it is Once screwed up, Always screwed up

Aiyo, must you take it out of context?

We don't do beatings all the time la, but when my son's mistakes involves moral issues, he gets his ankle treatment. When you want to hurt, you make sure that it hurts bad, so that he can remember well.

I do it the other way around, I reason with him only after the rotan treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    jsbn says it all.

being young doesn't mean one is entitled to excessive impulsiveness, and therefore such actions being 'understandable'
    When did I say it was acceptable? Being expected is not the same as being acceptable. Don't twist my words.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast