Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162124252627 LastLast

Thread: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Frankly I don't have good opinion of SBS drivers and Transit Link, the company that managed it although I have come across many good drivers.
    Obviously beating people up is no excuse and I am not siding with him but bus drivers can sometimes get to the nerves of people.
    Bus drivers do retain student bus card without giving any excuses at all.
    It happen to my son's bus card, bus driver retained it without giving any reason except that he need to retain it !!. While my son did not punch him or snatch it back he did asked for it back but BD refused flatly and again cited that he has every right to retain it without reason.
    I don't wish to go further as it was resolved but it will surprise you what explanation Transit Link PRO will tell you to cover up the deed and what length they can go to to acceed to your request to resolved it when faced with facts that they cannot explain rationally.
    that's useful feedback for the bus company, should suggest to train all their drivers to provide explanations whenever they have to retain a bus/ez link card. at the same time, to provide faq's on their website about the procedure of retaining cards, to inform the public. this will help to minimize future disputes and unhappiness.
    Last edited by zaren; 17th May 2007 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    that's useful feedback for the bus company, should suggest to train all their drivers to provide explanations whenever they have to retain a bus/ez link card. at the same time, to provide faq's about the procedure of retaining cards on their website to inform the public. this will help to minimize future disputes and unhappiness.
    I do agree on training the bus driver also, it happened to me before that when the "double charge" thing happened on my ezlink card, I ask the bus driver on what I can I do about it, the bus driver just smile and stay mute, like nothing happen. In the end I just give up on further questioning as I was in a rush.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Obviously I gave them a piece of my mind.
    The last I know is that they will train their captains more and will see that it will not happen again but again I think it is all for entertaining me.
    However I must say their rules and procedures are sound but the bus captain's obviously take it to the extreme maybe because he don't like the face of my son.

that's useful feedback for the bus company, should suggest to train all their drivers to provide explanations whenever they have to retain a bus/ez link card. at the same time, to provide faq's about the procedure of retaining cards on their website to inform the public. this will help to minimize future disputes and unhappiness.

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    I do agree on training the bus driver also, it happened to me before that when the "double charge" thing happened on my ezlink card, I ask the bus driver on what I can I do about it, the bus driver just smile and stay mute, like nothing happen. In the end I just give up on further questioning as I was in a rush.
    I suspect many bus drivers are just told to follow company instructions and procedures from the operating manual. Might be better to contact the bus company directly for queries, feedback or complaints.

wow, so HC student always right, all should base on HC statement but not others, HC student statement is more trueful than the Bus Driver and other witness statement When HC student punch, opps sorry, touch the Bus Driver, the HC student shouldn't be punished. Next time all people need to take not not to upset/provote HC student, as they are "equal" than other as in Animal Farm.
    this is not a sign of elitism then what is This is really disgusting .

Same question as other, are you elite or HC student
    I am ACS kia lah.

Wah haha this one better still.
    I board the bus, flash my card and make sure I hear the sound than proceed to walk to the back of the bus, next I know bus driver came rushing in and say I never tap, ask me to go to the front and tap again. So I said to him I am quite sure I tap but if he insist I will do it. He insisted so I did but you know when I tap it show exit and deducted the minimum amount and I told him I am not going to tap again if a inspector comes up and he did not even acknowledge it. Next bus stop an inspector came up and you know what inspector say I never pay !!, I tried to explain and the driver did not even spoke up for me. I refused to tap again but the matter was resolved when a fellow pessenger scolded the driver and inspector and say that they are robbers.

Wah haha this one better still.
    I board the bus, flash my card and make sure I hear the sound than proceed to walk to the back of the bus, next I know bus driver came rushing in and say I never tap, ask me to go to the front and tap again. So I said to him I am quite sure I tap but if he insist I will do it. He insisted so I did but you know when I tap it show exit and deducted the minimum amount and I told him I am not going to tap again if a inspector comes up and he did not even acknowledge it. Next bus stop an inspector came up and you know what inspector say I never pay !!, I tried to explain and the driver did not even spoke up for me. I refused to tap again but the matter was resolved when a fellow pessenger scolded the driver and inspector and say that they are robbers.
    good for you. the HC boy should learn from you that there are non-violent ways to resolve disputes.

Most complaint will not pass thru the PRO.
    They are professionals employed to put all the blame on you in a very nice way.
    That is until it was referred to the upper level.

I suspect many bus drivers are just told to follow company instructions and procedures from the operating manual. Might be better to contact the bus company directly for queries, feedback or complaints.

Most complaint will not pass thru the PRO.
    They are professionals employed to put all the blame on you in a very nice way.
    That is until it was referred to the upper level.
    i meant referring to the upper level actually. the higher up you go, the more reasonable they become.

Frankly I think a situation like this should not happen.
    I am actually pissed off because I thought the inspector should ask why I tap in and out at the same bus stop as I think he can see it from the device??. His attitude is such that I am trying to cheat the bus company by tapping in and out at the same bus stop for a longer journey and thus pay less. It is not the extra charge that counts but the attitude of both the driver and inspector.

good for you. the HC boy should learn from you that there are non-violent ways to resolve disputes.

Yes the higher you go the more reasonable it gets.
    But in order to get there you will have to pass thru the PRO and that is the difficult part.

i meant referring to the upper level actually. the higher up you go, the more reasonable they become.

Frankly I think a situation like this should not happen.
    I am actually pissed off because I thought the inspector should ask why I tap in and out at the same bus stop as I think he can see it from the device??. His attitude is such that I am trying to cheat the bus company by tapping in and out at the same bus stop for a longer journey and thus pay less. It is not the extra charge that counts but the attitude of both the driver and inspector.
    mebbe some other ppl do try to cheat in that way? to tap in and out in quick succession at the same bus stop. in your case it was not deliberate, but the driver and inspector may have encountered fare cheats previously on other buses. after all, we do hear about fare cheats in taxis, so i imagine there would be fare cheats on buses and mrt as well.

mebbe some other ppl do try to cheat in that way? to tap in and out in quick succession at the same bus stop. in your case it was not deliberate, but the driver and inspector may have encountered fare cheats previously on other buses. after all, we do hear about fare cheats in taxis, so i imagine there would be fare cheats on buses and mrt as well.
    Maybe the boy had encountered such evil bus drivers before and was exasperated by this particular one's behaviour?

After all, we have heard about this particular bad inspector and bus driver from Dennis, so I imagine there are many bus drivers out there who are unreasonable too.

Whatever it is, just as the boy's reasons do not detract from the fact that he should not have thrown any punches..

Similarly, the bus driver and inspector should not just assume that Dennis was a fare cheat. Remember, the customer is always right. Just because some people do not pay their bills doesn't mean that all customers who seem to have not paid their bills are planning to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Frijj View Post
    Bravo to the kid, having beat up a bus driver, cried shitless to his dad, have his dad kneel down for forgiveness on his behalf, he can sit down and write a short piece of fiction. I guess he thinks if he writes a nice story (with lame excuses), everything will be fine.

His reply is so blantantly trying to say, "Yes, I did have some physical contact with the bus driver, but ONLY because of blah blah blah.".

Just say "Sorry, I was wrong." Gutless piece of turd.

I find the next statement rich, something right out of a sec 1 essay...
    'As the driver was about to keep it, I snatched the card back as I recalled a newspaper article warning us against giving our identification without reasons.'

HELLO... he's the frickin' bus driver... he was DRIVING the bus you were sitting in.... so he obviously works for the bus company and not some random stranger that stumbles up to you and says, "ah dee... give bus pass/IC (or concession card or whatever)..." and tries to make off with it.

This one also reminiscent of the compositions written in lower sec...
    The student said that as they were about to alight through the front door along Dunearn Road, the driver 'sprang from his seat and grabbed my friend's right arm'.

'My friend cringed as he did that, and I instinctively pushed him away. He then grabbed my right arm, and I struggled to break free. As we struggled, I tore his breast pocket. In an attempt to break loose I flailed my arms around and accidentally hit him on his face,' he claimed.

He makes the bus driver sound Doc Oct.... spring here, spring there..... grab this arm and that... dammit man... if a 53 year old could be so sprightly, I want to be 53 years old, then I'd be typing this reply, cup of coffee and scratching my butt all at once.
    Bet the boy thinks he's spiderman saving his frickin' Mary Jane.

I love the flailing arms bit too... sounds like he's got a nervous disorder.... can't control his limbs... He should have added " together with my flailing arms, I almost lost control of my bowel motion when the police arrived. Luckily for my super spidey powers, I was able to spin up a super spidey butt plug to keep the **** in."

Hmm.... maybe the bus driver IS an evil super villian who stole the bus from the depot and was now making his rounds round singapore to collect and retain all the ez-link cards there are from unsuspecting passengers... and then he will spread mayhem and chaos across the sunny isle of Singapore (part of his plan for world domination - don't ask me how, I'm sure the Hwa Chong kid will know).
    So he was there to save the innocent from this fiend. Brilliantly disguised as a weedy, cowardly student. Glasses and a suit are passe, just put on a school uniform and no one will know (no one would ever suspect a student being a super hero, much less a student from a top JC).
    He was there to save the world from eeeeeevil and we criticise his actions...

I can go on... but I shan't.

All in all, a cowardly response from a cowardly boy.
    how come he never say that 'oh, my Fist was there and the ah pek face came and meet it?'
    a number of times..

actually there is many cheater around, i remembered a man during my part time job, he made a 'FEW' calls home in India, realised that his bill was very high, call us to complain that he did not make the calls, make us go check all our system for error, till manager must handle the case, but we still made he pay for the bill. They try to cheat, we also learn that some people culture is to bluff or cheat their way through

Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    actually there is many cheater around, i remembered a man during my part time job, he made a 'FEW' calls home in India, realised that his bill was very high, call us to complain that he did not make the calls, make us go check all our system for error, till manager must handle the case, but we still made he pay for the bill. They try to cheat, we also learn that some people culture is to bluff or cheat their way through
    well, in this case there was clearly cheating, since the girl took the bus without the fare being deducted from her card, and her bf abetted her in doing so.

Mmm I am not saying that the driver and inspector are evil but should have exercise reasonable jurisdiction as well as common sense when applying the "law" and also listen to what people have to say. The ability to say sorry when it is found to be a misunderstanding is always welcome and will not make matter worse.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Maybe the boy had encountered such evil bus drivers before and was exasperated by this particular one's behaviour?

After all, we have heard about this particular bad inspector and bus driver from Dennis, so I imagine there are many bus drivers out there who are unreasonable too.

Whatever it is, just as the boy's reasons do not detract from the fact that he should not have thrown any punches..

Similarly, the bus driver and inspector should not just assume that Dennis was a fare cheat. Remember, the customer is always right. Just because some people do not pay their bills doesn't mean that all customers who seem to have not paid their bills are planning to do so.

Mmm I am not saying that the driver and inspector are evil but should have exercise reasonable jurisdiction as well as common sense when applying the "law" and also listen to what people have to say. The ability to say sorry when it is found to be a misunderstanding is always welcome and will not make matter worse.
    er, in law does the plaintiff(the inspector) need to say sorry?

the plaintiff in the HC boy case is the bus driver. the inspector in dennis' case is not the plaintiff.

Actually no and they have not done anything wrong as it was stated clearly that they have the right to do it, suspect it, implement what they think is correct. They are totally not liable for anything but does it have to be like this ?. Obviously the boy is wrong to have punch the driver and needs to be deciplined.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162124252627 LastLast