Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    Huh? Punch a Policeman? You dun wanna live liao is it???
    pun intended but the so-called Hwa Chong boy's reply sounded as if bus captain not a human ah ? ppl doing their duties only what!

oi dun anyhow say .... firstly i dont use expired / lost items... i am good citizen ok and no i dont punch anyone. you want me to punch you 1st ? you'll be my first

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    all i can do is concur... and say... YA LAW!!!
    we also do that mah... can ask lawyer draft letter one.. money only ...

read the boy's explanatory letter more carefully;

He wrote: 'The bus driver detained us and didn't allow us to proceed. He asked her to produce the card and took it without explanation.

'We were stunned. I asked for it back, while my friend produced her current card, with her particulars, to prove that the void card was hers. He ignored her.
    why did the girl need to prove that the void card was hers? surely the driver must have told her there and then that the card was reported lost or stolen for her to try to prove that it wasn't. it is also likely that the void card did not have her photo or particulars on it, otherwise she could well have shown the driver her photo on the void card to prove ownership.

if this were so, then the boy lied about the driver taking the void card without explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by pingo View Post
    well majortom, you can either be sarcastic about this situation or try to understand both parties from their POVs. in my opinion, it is truly a mis-understanding.
    I think u r avoiding Major Tom's point.

Yes, it could be a misunderstanding. But do the boy need to resort to violence to prove his or his gf's innocence?

Secondly, why quote only the points that are benificiant to the boy? How abt his argument on the "accident" part?

well, a normal sane person won't read T&Cs... unless suffering from insomnia, and reading disorder (READ OR DIE SYNDROME)

same like if you drive, the stupid T&C is just written before entry, u mean every car bother to park there, read, understand then go thru the barricade? think before that, people behind will horn like no tomorrow... these to me are just to protect their interest... seriously, if they put a clause like ALL THE CARS PARKED INSIDE BELONGS TO THE MALL, BY ENTERING THIS CARPARK YOU HAVE AGREED THAT THIS CAR WILL BE PROPERTY OF THE MALL, u think people will bother?

Same, for those discount card etc... people won't bother, just know its function, get over it, if problem arise, then go kpkb...
    are you a practicsing law?

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake View Post

what kind of letter?

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    read the boy's explanatory letter more carefully;

why did the girl need to prove that the void card was hers? surely the driver must have told her there and then that the card was reported lost or stolen for her to try to prove that it wasn't. it is also likely that the void card did not have her photo or particulars on it, otherwise she could well have shown the driver her photo on the void card to prove ownership.

if this were so, then the boy lied about the driver taking the void card without explanation.
    Let give the gal the benifit of the doubt:

Schooling personnel (pri, sec, JC and even Poly and Uni students) can apply for personalised EZlink cards - one with their photo and particulars on it. If u have a kid in ur house, ask him or her to show u his or her ezlink.

By right, the bus driver can close one eye and let the gal go. However, we can say he "follow-the-law" rigidly. Still, we never know wat implication can a stolen ezlink can do, perhaps situations which we cant think of......
    Last edited by cjl; 17th May 2007 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    possible.

Driver did, according to BD's account.

untrue, based on BD and eyewitness accounts. BD blocked their exit from the bus by holding on to the poles inside the bus, and tapped the girl's shoulder when she tried to leave the bus.

so...it all hinges on whether the BD/witnesses or the boy was telling the truth.
    well, boils back to credibility, another point that the school must prove...

there is so many witnesses, same statement, then the person restraining him, and yet the school gives such replies, well... i think his A's sure score... able to create story and able to make the school change perception... i think he might be KIRA... his name is YAGAMI RAITO!!!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    are you a practicsing law?
    nope... i only go tell ppl... ya law... why liddat?, cannot be law...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake View Post
    true... money money money... father got money... he is ASK...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo View Post

The subsequent cowardly explanation: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfr...130302,00.html
    Bravo to the kid, having beat up a bus driver, cried shitless to his dad, have his dad kneel down for forgiveness on his behalf, he can sit down and write a short piece of fiction. I guess he thinks if he writes a nice story (with lame excuses), everything will be fine.

His reply is so blantantly trying to say, "Yes, I did have some physical contact with the bus driver, but ONLY because of blah blah blah.".

Just say "Sorry, I was wrong." Gutless piece of turd.

I find the next statement rich, something right out of a sec 1 essay...
    'As the driver was about to keep it, I snatched the card back as I recalled a newspaper article warning us against giving our identification without reasons.'

HELLO... he's the frickin' bus driver... he was DRIVING the bus you were sitting in.... so he obviously works for the bus company and not some random stranger that stumbles up to you and says, "ah dee... give bus pass/IC (or concession card or whatever)..." and tries to make off with it.

This one also reminiscent of the compositions written in lower sec...
    The student said that as they were about to alight through the front door along Dunearn Road, the driver 'sprang from his seat and grabbed my friend's right arm'.

'My friend cringed as he did that, and I instinctively pushed him away. He then grabbed my right arm, and I struggled to break free. As we struggled, I tore his breast pocket. In an attempt to break loose I flailed my arms around and accidentally hit him on his face,' he claimed.

He makes the bus driver sound Doc Oct.... spring here, spring there..... grab this arm and that... dammit man... if a 53 year old could be so sprightly, I want to be 53 years old, then I'd be typing this reply, cup of coffee and scratching my butt all at once.
    Bet the boy thinks he's spiderman saving his frickin' Mary Jane.

I love the flailing arms bit too... sounds like he's got a nervous disorder.... can't control his limbs... He should have added " together with my flailing arms, I almost lost control of my bowel motion when the police arrived. Luckily for my super spidey powers, I was able to spin up a super spidey butt plug to keep the **** in."

Hmm.... maybe the bus driver IS an evil super villian who stole the bus from the depot and was now making his rounds round singapore to collect and retain all the ez-link cards there are from unsuspecting passengers... and then he will spread mayhem and chaos across the sunny isle of Singapore (part of his plan for world domination - don't ask me how, I'm sure the Hwa Chong kid will know).
    So he was there to save the innocent from this fiend. Brilliantly disguised as a weedy, cowardly student. Glasses and a suit are passe, just put on a school uniform and no one will know (no one would ever suspect a student being a super hero, much less a student from a top JC).
    He was there to save the world from eeeeeevil and we criticise his actions...

I can go on... but I shan't.

All in all, a cowardly response from a cowardly boy.

well majortom, you can either be sarcastic about this situation or try to understand both parties from their POVs. in my opinion, it is truly a mis-understanding.
    you from HC btw Misunderstanding or not, simply no excuse! That piece of 17yo sheet must be made fully aware of the consequences PERIOD.

Why dont you tell it to the judge that it was a misunderstanding if you are caught in a similar situation.....ie you beating up an adult and got caught by a policeman. See, if you get your dues.

Also, if the boy was a 17 yo old-haired, tattooed beng, beating up the bus driver.....what do you think...another misunderstanding?

Your POV tells me about your mental state of delusion......
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    However, we can say he "follow-the-law" rigidly. Still, we never know wat implication can a stolen ezlink can do, perhaps situations which we cant think of......
    precisely. the bus driver was just doing his job. certainly he was not the aggressor in this case.

nope... i only go tell ppl... ya law... why liddat?, cannot be law...

good one there.

just cane the boy!
    Games of Thrones.....

good one there.
    where?

Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    just cane the boy!
    agreed! nothing beats cane meeting backside to wake the boy up.

You know what guys, I fully support the Hwa Chong student.

---

"'We were stunned. I asked for it back, while my friend produced her current card, with her particulars, to prove that the void card was hers. He ignored her.

'As the driver was about to keep it, I snatched the card back as I recalled a newspaper article warning us against giving our identification without reasons.'

The student said that as they were about to alight through the front door along Dunearn Road, the driver 'sprang from his seat and grabbed my friend's right arm'.

'My friend cringed as he did that, and I instinctively pushed him away. He then grabbed my right arm, and I struggled to break free. As we struggled, I tore his breast pocket. In an attempt to break loose I flailed my arms around and accidentally hit him on his face,' he claimed.

The student wrote that it was only afterwards that the bus driver explained the system had showed the card as stolen. He said if he had known this earlier, they could have avoided the misunderstanding."

---

It's purely a mis understanding. 1) Hwa Chong dude did not know about his gf's lost and found thing. 2) Driver did not clarify the reason for snatching the card away (stolen card) 3) Driver GRABBED gf's arm. Sprang from the seat even. I would take this as a sign of aggression on the driver's part if I were in the student's shoes. Note that neither party knew the real story behind the card. Also note that the driver has invaded the girl's personal space by grabbing her. Hell, if I were a girl and some driver dude sprang up from his seat and grabbed my arm after trying to snatch MY card without giving a reason prior to his actions I would kick him in the balls and spray him with mace.

I do not see it as the student's fault. This whole fiasco could have been avoided by driver properly explaining the procedure AND reason for card retain-ment.

Now what to do about this? Nothing. It's just a mis-understanding. Forget about it and understand the underlying reasons for both party's actions. Hwa Chong dude certainly does not deserve a jail term or criminal record for reacting impulsively to a situation which he perceived as him being in the right. Society has been subscribing to the 'eye for an eye' method of dealing with things for too long, which is really growing to be an obsolete 'cure' for things. 100 years down the road when we are more socially evolved we will realise that this indeed is a less efficient way of dealing with situations.
    wow, so HC student always right, all should base on HC statement but not others, HC student statement is more trueful than the Bus Driver and other witness statement When HC student punch, opps sorry, touch the Bus Driver, the HC student shouldn't be punished. Next time all people need to take not not to upset/provote HC student, as they are "equal" than other as in Animal Farm.
    this is not a sign of elitism then what is This is really disgusting .

Same question as other, are you elite or HC student
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by Frijj View Post
    agreed! nothing beats cane meeting backside to wake the boy up.
    i prefer RTC or Boys home better, leave a record forever.

i prefer RTC or Boys home better, leave a record forever.
    You're harsh! I'm glad I didn't punch you in the face and slap you a few times when I was 17... I'd hate to have to go to a home...

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526 ... LastLast