Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    There are personalised EZ link cards, which are incidentally, usable to borrow library books, and at LAN shops when the shop assistant is a noob.

Basically, most cards with concessions - i.e. students, the one I got when I was serving NS.. Have the owner's photo, IC number, etc.. Even a barcode on it. =)
    ok, thx for clarifying.

so does this personalised/photo ID ez link card have the same T&C at the back, i.e. the card shall be retained in the event of misuse, tampering etc?

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    ok, thx for clarifying.

so does this personalised/photo ID ez link card have the same T&C at the back, i.e. the card shall be retained in the event of misuse, tampering etc?
    Can't remember, I had to return mine after NS.. =D

I think so, though. The back is exactly the same as a normal EZ link card, IIRC.

But ask you, do you actually bother reading all the T&C for everything? =D

I think so, though. The back is exactly the same as a normal EZ link card, IIRC.

well, a normal sane person won't read T&Cs... unless suffering from insomnia, and reading disorder (READ OR DIE SYNDROME)

same like if you drive, the stupid T&C is just written before entry, u mean every car bother to park there, read, understand then go thru the barricade? think before that, people behind will horn like no tomorrow... these to me are just to protect their interest... seriously, if they put a clause like ALL THE CARS PARKED INSIDE BELONGS TO THE MALL, BY ENTERING THIS CARPARK YOU HAVE AGREED THAT THIS CAR WILL BE PROPERTY OF THE MALL, u think people will bother?

Same, for those discount card etc... people won't bother, just know its function, get over it, if problem arise, then go kpkb...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

You know what guys, I fully support the Hwa Chong student.

---

"'We were stunned. I asked for it back, while my friend produced her current card, with her particulars, to prove that the void card was hers. He ignored her.

'As the driver was about to keep it, I snatched the card back as I recalled a newspaper article warning us against giving our identification without reasons.'

The student said that as they were about to alight through the front door along Dunearn Road, the driver 'sprang from his seat and grabbed my friend's right arm'.

'My friend cringed as he did that, and I instinctively pushed him away. He then grabbed my right arm, and I struggled to break free. As we struggled, I tore his breast pocket. In an attempt to break loose I flailed my arms around and accidentally hit him on his face,' he claimed.

The student wrote that it was only afterwards that the bus driver explained the system had showed the card as stolen. He said if he had known this earlier, they could have avoided the misunderstanding."

---

It's purely a mis understanding. 1) Hwa Chong dude did not know about his gf's lost and found thing. 2) Driver did not clarify the reason for snatching the card away (stolen card) 3) Driver GRABBED gf's arm. Sprang from the seat even. I would take this as a sign of aggression on the driver's part if I were in the student's shoes. Note that neither party knew the real story behind the card. Also note that the driver has invaded the girl's personal space by grabbing her. Hell, if I were a girl and some driver dude sprang up from his seat and grabbed my arm after trying to snatch MY card without giving a reason prior to his actions I would kick him in the balls and spray him with mace.

I do not see it as the student's fault. This whole fiasco could have been avoided by driver properly explaining the procedure AND reason for card retain-ment.

Now what to do about this? Nothing. It's just a mis-understanding. Forget about it and understand the underlying reasons for both party's actions. Hwa Chong dude certainly does not deserve a jail term or criminal record for reacting impulsively to a situation which he perceived as him being in the right. Society has been subscribing to the 'eye for an eye' method of dealing with things for too long, which is really growing to be an obsolete 'cure' for things. 100 years down the road when we are more socially evolved we will realise that this indeed is a less efficient way of dealing with situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    wanna make appointment to smack the student?
    hmmmmm, i enjoy spanking....
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

not always, but it is good practice. certainly it would be a key factor in the court of law in legal disputes.

in this case, there would be no doubt that the bus driver had the authority to retain defective/suspicious ez link cards, as already stated by the bus company.

by preventing the bus driver from doing his job (forcibly snatching back the girl's card and allowing her to take a free bus ride), the boy had provoked the BD to take firmer measures to try to retain the card.

Quote Originally Posted by pingo View Post
    You know what guys, I fully support the Hwa Chong student.

---

"'We were stunned. I asked for it back, while my friend produced her current card, with her particulars, to prove that the void card was hers. He ignored her.

'As the driver was about to keep it, I snatched the card back as I recalled a newspaper article warning us against giving our identification without reasons.'

The student said that as they were about to alight through the front door along Dunearn Road, the driver 'sprang from his seat and grabbed my friend's right arm'.

'My friend cringed as he did that, and I instinctively pushed him away. He then grabbed my right arm, and I struggled to break free. As we struggled, I tore his breast pocket. In an attempt to break loose I flailed my arms around and accidentally hit him on his face,' he claimed.

The student wrote that it was only afterwards that the bus driver explained the system had showed the card as stolen. He said if he had known this earlier, they could have avoided the misunderstanding."

---

It's purely a mis understanding. 1) Hwa Chong dude did not know about his gf's lost and found thing. 2) Driver did not clarify the reason for snatching the card away (stolen card) 3) Driver GRABBED gf's arm. Sprang from the seat even. I would take this as a sign of aggression on the driver's part if I were in the student's shoes. Note that neither party knew the real story behind the card. Also note that the driver has invaded the girl's personal space by grabbing her. Hell, if I were a girl and some driver dude sprang up from his seat and grabbed my arm after trying to snatch MY card without giving a reason prior to his actions I would kick him in the balls and spray him with mace.

I do not see it as the student's fault. This whole fiasco could have been avoided by driver properly explaining the procedure AND reason for card retain-ment.

Now what to do about this? Nothing. It's just a mis-understanding. Forget about it and understand the underlying reasons for both party's actions. Hwa Chong dude certainly does not deserve a jail term or criminal record for reacting impulsively to a situation which he perceived as him being in the right. Society has been subscribing to the 'eye for an eye' method of dealing with things for too long, which is really growing to be an obsolete 'cure' for things. 100 years down the road when we are more socially evolved we will realise that this indeed is a less efficient way of dealing with situations.

good for you. so, it was self-defence for the student to whack (continuously) the driver becos of a 'misunderstanding'. The good-for-nothing, low-class, crass driver deserved to be beaten. In fact, he should kneel and beg the student for forgiveness.

Ya, case closed and move on. Just a case of another simple misunderstanding blown out of proportion.
    Sheesh, we simply have nothing to do......
    Last edited by major_tom; 17th May 2007 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Of course there is no excuse for what the kid had done... none whatsoever. My point is how much compassion one gives weight to this situation is clouded by experience and complexities of parenthood. When I read that the dad kneel done and beg for his son... the mental image running thru my mind shows me how difficult this situation must have been for the father.

Anyway, how someone brings up their child is their business, but nonetheless a sad situation for any father to be in.

And I would not like to wish that to happen to any father.

../azul123
    thanks for clarifying yr POV....

this is in direct contradiction with the BD's account that the BD had tried to explain to them earlier when they boarded the bus (after the girl's card caused the machine to beep continuously) why he had to retain the girl's card.

it would be a case of misunderstanding only if the BD was clearly shown to be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by major_tom View Post
    good for you. so, it was self-defence for the student to whack (continuously) the driver becos of a 'misunderstanding'. The good-for-nothing, low-class, crass driver deserved to be beaten. In fact, he should kneel and beg the student for forgiveness.

Ya, case closed and move on. Just a case of another simple misunderstanding blown out of proportion.
    well majortom, you can either be sarcastic about this situation or try to understand both parties from their POVs. in my opinion, it is truly a mis-understanding.

neither do i bother to read every single law and statute of singapore. that doesn't mean that i can claim ignorance and "misunderstanding" if i break or contravene any law or statute in singapore. ignorance of the law is no excuse. likewise, ignorance of the terms and conditions for the use of an ez link card is no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by major_tom View Post

Wow! Beat ppl up becoz of misunderstanding? Good excuse wo! Beat ppl become accident also can!
    This world really changes alot...
    No doubt la...as Buddhism call this the time of degeneration (kaliyuga)
    Christians bible mentioned that this is the time where it is being ruled by Satan!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    Wow! Beat ppl up becoz of misunderstanding? Good excuse wo! Beat ppl become accident also can!
    This world really changes alot...
    No doubt la...as Buddhism call this the time of degeneration (kaliyuga)
    Christians bible mentioned that this is the time where it is being ruled by Satan!
    pls don't bring religion into it..... keep the discussion as objective as possible.

hmmm ... yup... all a blardy misunderstanding just becos the POOR Hwa Chong boy finds the bus captain suspicious to want his friend to hand over the concession pass. out of self defence he punched so many times ? i think someone mentioned if we could punch a police officer out of self defence if he asked for our IC ?

anyway off the record, i think the 'apologetic' reply might not be written by the Hwa Chong boy himself. somehow i feel that it could be written by a lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    pls don't bring religion into it..... keep the discussion as objective as possible.
    Sorry bro!

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake View Post
    hmmm ... yup... all a blardy misunderstanding just becos the POOR Hwa Chong boy finds the bus captain suspicious to want his friend to hand over the concession pass. out of self defence he punched so many times ? i think someone mentioned if we could punch a police officer out of self defence if he asked for our IC ?

anyway off the record, i think the 'apologetic' reply might not be written by the Hwa Chong boy himself. somehow i feel that it could be written by a lawyer
    Huh? Punch a Policeman? You dun wanna live liao is it???

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake View Post

all i can do is concur... and say... YA LAW!!!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

1) Hwa Chong dude did not know about his gf's lost and found thing.
    possible.

2) Driver did not clarify the reason for snatching the card away (stolen card)
    Driver did, according to BD's account.

3) Driver GRABBED gf's arm. Sprang from the seat even.
    untrue, based on BD and eyewitness accounts. BD blocked their exit from the bus by holding on to the poles inside the bus, and tapped the girl's shoulder when she tried to leave the bus.

so...it all hinges on whether the BD/witnesses or the boy was telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    Huh? Punch a Policeman? You dun wanna live liao is it???
    well... i think this kinda scenario is like what we normally get in CS...

BBB, B1BL...

so its, Beat Bash Beg, Bash 1st Beg Later...

Talking Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Bus now very famous wo! Starting got "Hong Kong Bus Uncle", then got "Singapore Bus Uncle" now even got "Coward kid hit Bus Uncle"!!!

Now I should bring my HP (with video cam type) and keep taking bus and hope that I can capture "live" of all the actions and post to youtube..big big hit man!!!

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425 ... LastLast